Base2 Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Base2 Solutions Interview Questions

Interviews at Base2 Solutions

2.8

QA Associate Interview

Interview

I applied through the website, two weeks later the QA Associate position was no longer on the website. No email saying anything about an interview, or even an email saying they would not go forward with my application. Additionally there was no phone to contact HR personnel, so I could get an update as what my status is. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Base2 Solutions Response

Sep. 29, 2014 – Senior Recruiter

We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication regarding your application and we truly appreciate your feedback on the process. We discovered an error in recent changes to the set-up of our Applicant Tracking system that affected applicant communications. That has been fixed thanks to your feedback.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

I applied online after seeing it was voted one of the King5 best places to work. I received a reply within 48 hours asking if I would be available for a phone screening interview. I gave a couple of times that worked for me and HR picked the first one. She called me right on time and was very professional and polite. She asked some pointed scenario questions as well as work history. She left me with a request for a follow-up call with the IT director at a later date. Once again the call was right on time and both were very polite. They asked some basic questions and then asked for an in person interview.

The in person interview was a fairly tough 4.5 hour sequential tag team interview with a lot of technical and professional questions. Everyone I met was incredibly nice but knowledgable and to the point. The interview finished with the CEO. The more I talked to the employees at Base 2 the more I liked what I saw. Overall a very pleasant, if thorough, process.

About two hours after the interview I received a phone call with a contingent offer based on my background and professional reference checks.

Interview Questions

• The IT director gave me a very open ended question on a theoretical customer issue and asked the steps I would go through to solve/refine the issue and to propose two solutions to fix the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I put in what I wanted based off my experience and the going rate in the area. Everything else had been so upfront and game free it seemed like the best way to proceed. They matched what I asked for.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter who did an initial personality and skills match up. That was followed by a phone screen from the hiring manager. The phone screen was semi technical but nothing to in depth. Questions like "You mentioned design patterns in your resume what design patterns do you find yourself using frequently." The next phase was a conversational interview with several different groups of people. The focus was on getting to know me and my experiences. The last phase was a technical white boarding session with an engineer. The interview was a very positive experience for me and one of the reasons I accepted the position. I never felt interrogated it was always just a conversation to determine how well I would fit in the organization.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't anything that stumped me. It was always just talking about work I had done and how I went about solving problems.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I initially interviewed for a dev or SDET role, answering some simple java and basic algorithm questions, and though Base2 liked me they didn't have a position that was right for me at the time. We kept in touch, and a year later they asked me to come in again because a position had opened they thought I would like. I had a discussion with management about my testing philosophies, my experiences over the year we'd been apart, and quality assurance practices, then I was hired. Interview process at Base2 is great, they're not out to ask gotcha questions, but rather to get to know you, see if you'd be a good addition to the team environment, and make sure you know what you should.

Interview Questions

• When have you pushed back against developers or customers over an issue of software quality?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I was satisfied with what was offered me.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for a systems engineering position. The process started with a phone interview with HR, which was pretty standard and high level. Next, I had a second phone interview with the hiring manager, which focused more on past projects and technical abilities. Finally, they flew me in for an onsite interview at their head quarters (they put me up in a great hotel very close to the interview location and the logistics were very well coordinated). Base2 was excellent when it came to scheduleing the on-site visit. After my phone interviews, I wasn't sure of my timeline for being able to make a move. Base2 basically said, "let us know when you're ready" - not many employers will do that. When I was ready they flew me in. My resume, references, and the prior phone interviews provided a good indication of my technical abilities so the in-person interview focused primarily on the non-technical skills critical to consulting – leadership, communication, dealing with high stress situations, working with difficult people/conflict resolution, ability to interact with a variety of people (from engineers to executive managers). The interview itself was laid back and comfortable – pretty much an open, two-way discussion. I interviewed with about 4 or 5 people, each for about 30-40 minutes. It’s a smaller company so I got to meet the President, a VP (who also was the hiring manager), and a bunch of other engineers/consultants. I left the interview thinking “man, I really want to work here”! I ended up getting an offer on the spot before I left. The offer met my target salary and the benefits were close to what I needed so I signed right then and there. I’m very happy that I did!

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected. However, the most challenging part was being able to effectively communicate all of the soft skills without sounding vague and nebulous.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My wife had just recieved an offer with her future company so I had to make a decision very quickly. Base2 knew this and accomodated me very well - I got an offer on the spot. The offer met my target salary and the benefits were what I needed so there was little need to negotiate. I mentioned during the phone interviews that I could only make the move if I got relocation so they provided that that in the offer.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Met with several people in various job roles. Described my previous experiences and told some success and challenging stories from the past. Met with several folks from Base2 over the course of a day. I enjoyed the interview process and met interesting and dedicated individuals who have a passion for professional services and doing the right thing for the customer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work and what you liked and did not like.   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you bring to being a good consultant?   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenging work situation from your past experiences and how you overcame that challenge.   Answer Question

See What Base2 Solutions Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Senior Systems Engineer in Bellevue, WA (US)

Pros: “I have been with Base2 for just over 4 months. This is my fourth consulting position in over 20 years so I guess you can say I’ve been around the block. First and foremost, the People...”“I have been with Base2 for just over 4 months. This is my fourth consulting position in over 20 years so I guess you can say I’ve been around the block. First and foremost, the People! The staff are very friendly and professional. From the CEO to Operations, to Marketing and HR, the entire team works hard to make you feel at home and provide you with the help and support you need. We all invest a significant amount of our life at work so it matters to enjoy the Company and the people we interact with. The CEO is very approachable and does encourage an open door policy. He openly discusses and shares company's vision and near-term and long-term goals. There is a lot of energy and drive to grow and to expand and most importantly to diversify into different industries. This is refreshing because it will reflect in the company's good health and long-term prospects.” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.