BC Hydro Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

BC Hydro Interview Questions

Interviews at BC Hydro

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BC Hydro in November 2019.

Interview

phone interview, general screening and straight forward generic questions. Check if you authorize to work locally, how long you have been in the industry, how you deal with business and tech people, why you want to work in the company... etc

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BC Hydro.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews. The first 3 interviews were related about examples of how I applied my skills at my previous jobs. The last interview was an actual example of how I would perform -It was a real case scenario to resolve in the computer.

Communications Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BC Hydro (Vancouver, BC) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email back from the recruitment team saying I had been successful in reaching the interview stage. They gave me an option of interview times. It was all very professional, straightforward and relatively prompt. I was interviewed by two people for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were along the lines of 'Give me an example of a time when you did X, Y or Z'. Very typical for a communications role.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BC Hydro (Vancouver, BC) in April 2019.

Interview

Screening interview then interview panel over video conference with hiring manager and member of team. The screening interview was via a recruitment agency. The process would involve then a request for references BEFORE a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Recently interviewed for a PM role, the process requested a systematic review of my experience which went back 15 years. The company was quite good and made a decision after one week, yet, decided to go with the other candidate who they felt would fit into the team better. Did find out the company generally takes a long time to make decisions and the interviewer related there can be difficult characters to deal with.   1 Answer
    • Interestingly they asked on each role I undertook what was the reason for gonig for my next job?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BC Hydro (Burnaby, BC) in February 2019.

Interview

Conducted in a meeting room with two interviewers. Typical interview questions for the position and related to the resume and cover letter being asked. The interview lasted for about 45 mins. The interviewer informed the decision will be made in two weeks by a phone call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at BC Hydro?   1 Answer

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BC Hydro (Toronto, ON).

Interview

I got an email from HR that I have been shortlisted for a face to face interview with the manager of the related department. The interview was fairly easy... jut the normal HR questions. However, the hillarious part was the skill test the day after the interview. The test consited of 49 technical questions of the wide topics that you have studied during 4 years at a University!!!You had to answer all 49 questions in one and a half hours!!!Seroiusly why you need to write an exam for a senior posiotion considering the fact that you have several years practical experience??? So dissapointed....

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BC Hydro (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Recruiter was unorganized and difficult to coordinate with. She failed to contact me during our set date for a phone interview and did not get back to me for several days to reschedule.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I got phone interview first then two weeks after, I went to one to one interview. Manager asked some behavioural questions. Manager said will get back to me next week.

Civil Engineering Technician/Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BC Hydro (Burnaby, BC) in May 2018.

Interview

Call from recruiter around 6 weeks after applying. After going through an ad-hoc phone interview, you get booked for an in-person interview. The interview is an oral exam (they read line by line from a sheet of paper in front of them) on highly specific operational questions. Talk to a current employee or contractor before attending because you will be asked questions about proprietary software and internal processes that you wouldn't know as an outsider. They throw in a few easy questions but mostly you have to have done the job as a contractor to get the employee role. They were silent for about 2 months after, and then I was offered the job with no negotiation (take it or leave it).

Interview Questions

• Describe the process for doing X task in our proprietary software.   Answer Question

Security Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at BC Hydro (Vancouver, BC) in February 2018.

Interview

1) Phone interview with detailed background on BC Hydro
    2) In person interview with panels asking questions in succession
    3) Face to Face interview with a presentation
    4) Final round of presentations

Interview Questions

• 1) Technical questions regarding network infrastructure
      2) Given situation questions on failure scenarios and how to troubleshoot
      3) Examples of functioning with minimal details   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.