BC Hydro Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 58 of over 58 interviews

Recruiter8%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

BC Hydro

Application

I interviewed at BC Hydro

Interview

Average interview process of an hour HR interview followed by a 1.5 hour technical interview a few weeks later. Typical behavioral HR questions and technical was fairly easy going over basic knowledge of job requirements.

Interview Questions
  • Answer without thinking as fast as you can... what is the square root of 71?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

BC Hydro

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BC Hydro

Interview

Technical interview (2 horas) by 2 senior engineers. Tracing and drawing electrical schematics. They asked questions such as load calculations, overload protection solutions, power consumption, FLA/ FLC, VFD/Starter, wire sizing calculation, the difference between inductive, capacitive load, characteristics of transmission lines and how do they work, drawing safety circuits, three ways of voltage & current measurements, PLC input-output current (voltage drop), power distribution design, translating ladder logic, network topology, communication network, grounding, fault protection. Differences of active, reactive, apparent powder, transformer. Standards CEC, UL

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BC Hydro

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at BC Hydro

Interview

Applied online like most jobs where the requirements were those for normal jobs - resume, cover letter, etc. The interview was scheduled by a Human Resource representative. Standard one hour interview with typical questions about strengths, weaknesses, experiences, background, etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BC Hydro

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BC Hydro in Mar 2020

Interview

HR person and Department manager were really nice and friendly made the whole process super easy, but It was very long and detailed. They were very accommodating as I could not make It into the office that week.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you used one of our companies core values in your previous work or school.

BC Hydro

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BC Hydro in Jan 2020

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR within a week to schedule an interview. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager, around 45 mins. Questions about past experience and a few technical and behavioural questions. Got the call after 2 days that I have been selected

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

BC Hydro

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at BC Hydro in Nov 2019

Interview

phone interview, general screening and straight forward generic questions. Check if you authorize to work locally, how long you have been in the industry, how you deal with business and tech people, why you want to work in the company... etc

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BC Hydro

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BC Hydro

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews. The first 3 interviews were related about examples of how I applied my skills at my previous jobs. The last interview was an actual example of how I would perform -It was a real case scenario to resolve in the computer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BC Hydro (Vancouver, BC) in Oct 2019

Interview

Applied online. Received an email back from the recruitment team saying I had been successful in reaching the interview stage. They gave me an option of interview times. It was all very professional, straightforward and relatively prompt. I was interviewed by two people for about an hour.

Interview Questions
  • All of the questions were along the lines of 'Give me an example of a time when you did X, Y or Z'. Very typical for a communications role.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BC Hydro (Vancouver, BC) in Oct 2019

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview, both a group and 1:1 performed on the same day followed by background check. All told it was over a month between applying and being offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.

BC Hydro

Application

I interviewed at BC Hydro

Interview

The interview was very informal, after hours. It was done by 2 of their contractors. No BC Hydro employee was present that I found it very odd. I did not get a proper feedback either.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Interviews