Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon Lab126

3.1

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

1. Initial Phone Screen - To ensure that both sides understand what is the role that is being needed to be filled
    2. 1st Round Phone Interview - Go through you own project management process to see if you have a handle of managing a project from inception to closure

Interview Questions

• Q: Please go through a typical project management flow
      Q: How would you request for resources that are not available   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Two sessions with System Design. The rest of the questions were based on the Amazon Leadership Principals (many sources online with details about these questions). Plus had to submit a written essay before the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a situation when you took a risk and it didn’t work out?   Answer Question

Fire OS Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The recruiter begged me to interview. I am a embedded systems engineer not a OS software engineer. I finally agreed. I took a coding test online and passed. I was offered a trip to Austin for 3 days all expenses paid; airfare, hotel, car rental, and $500 expense card. I accepted the offer. Nearing the interview date the $500 card hadn't arrived and I didn't have a car rental. The started backtracking on the initial agreement. The interview was decent. I was told I was not a good fit. Which matches what I originally told the recruiter. I submitted my expenses and never got paid. I was out $160 and 3 working days. The most expensive interview I have ever been on. A waste of time.

Interview Questions

• The data modeling questions caught me off guard. I spend much of my time showcasing my hardware skills for embedded applications it's been awhile since I was handed a data modeling question.   1 Answer

Applied Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Applied through job portal, and had a 1-hour phone call interview for signal/audio processing area. Had basic questions on DSP like upsampling, downsampling, etc and coding based questions like complexity analysis .

Thermal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

phone interview with hr, and then team member, after that, an onsite interview. The onsite interview has a lot of behavior questions, which the hr stressed in his email.

Met two Indian guys during the onsite interview, both are barely decent person. One is a manager from mechanical design team, one is a member from that mechanical design team. The manager seems very sleepy, and he cannot keep his eyes open during the whole interview course. The other guy is the worst people I ever met. He tried hard to pretend he knew thermal, and asked a lot of foolish questions. And his attitude was very confrontational. After him, I interviewed the hr person, and expressed my concerns. But I guess that cannot help with anything.

Interview Questions

• some exmaples: Tell me about thermocouples? Then why, why, why? He said he would keep asking why if I said I know sth. He would ask why until I said I do not know.

How do you attach thermocouples? I answered how I did that. and he replied "wrong". I said, well, I saw some other big companies did similarly in their guidelines. He replied, that's wrong. I asked if he can share whats the right to way to do. He said he can not. .... the whole process was very confrontational.   Answer Question

Hardware Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Four back to back interviews each 45 minutes long. For most of the interview, it was technical questions that consisted of a range of EE topics. The interviewers had different level of experiences and they asked me about my resume as well

Interview Questions

• An example of how I illustrated the Amazon leadership principles   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Got invited to an on campus interview. 4 interviews, 40 minutes : 20 minutes technical + 20 minutes behavioral. Recruiter called the previous day detailing the type of questions to expect.

Interview Questions

• Amazon Leadership Principles related questions.
      Snap Fit
      Tolerancing   Answer Question

Interview

Referred by a friend. Resume reviewed by manager. 1 phone interview, followed by 1 on-site interview with 5 one on ones, each interviewed for 30 minutes. Offered by the next couple days. Accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of board design you did to support validation?   1 Answer

Legal - Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Difficult, grueling and actually pathetic interview.
    Screening interview with talent coordinator then moved on to interview w Sha Hua. The most boring, patronizing, simplistic interview ever. When you start off by saying "walk me through your resume" you know the interview is going to be a one of THOSE interviews. However, I pressed on just to see if it would somehow get better. Nope. None of the hardcore legal questions I prepared for. Nothing about my experience. Just grilling me with technical questions about a specific Amazon product that (obviously) I had no experience with. Nothing about privacy, compliance or even UI spec decision-making and regulatory pitfalls. I knew the interviewer was sensing my frustration but that was ok. I had no plans to become part of a company that allows this kind of person/interviewer to be the face of the team.

Sensor Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in September 2019.

Interview

One the HR contacted me said there's a matched position for me and the team leader would like to have a phone screen with me. We did the phone screen on the next day. The interview started with some introduction of my projects in my resume. He did not have interest on my project, this part was pasted very quickly. Then he asked me some technical questions about different kinds of sensors on a smart device including there working principles and applications. Finally some behavior questions were asked like have you made a decision that not good for now but benefits for the future.

Interview Questions

• What is TOF/ humidity/ voice/touch, etc, sensor. What's the working principle. If I want to auto adjust the screen light, what kind of sensors do you think can be used in this situation, why?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.