Aequilibrium Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Aequilibrium Interview Questions

Interviews at Aequilibrium

2.7

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aequilibrium in March 2018.

Interview

Probably one of the more frustrating interviews I've ever done.
    Before they screened me they gave me two iOS projects to do. The projects themselves weren't too difficult but it consisted of two parts that were both very long.

I spent about 8 hours doing them per spec but they declined to move further. No information was given as to why but after pressing for it they gave me a canned response about how my project was incomplete. I went down the list of possible reasons why I wasn't selected and none of them applied to me.

It seemed to me they weren't really interested in my qualifications from the get go so I'm not sure why they had me spend a significant amount of time working on their projects.

If you're smarter than me you'll probably Google the questions and find the solution instead of wasting your time creating your own. After I submitted mine, I found a number of public Github repos with the solutions.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing they asked me to do was waste my time on two ridiculously long projects without giving me proper feedback on why I wasn't selected.   1 Answer

May 8, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hey there! This is Rianne from the Recruiting and Culture team at Aequilibrium.

At AEQ, we empower our team to make screening decisions based on holistic assessments of each shortlisted candidate, taking into account the initial phone interview, technical assignment, soft skills, values alignment and culture fit.

For senior developer positions like the one you applied for, the large volume of applicants makes for a very competitive selection process. We can’t thank candidates enough for their time and efforts it takes to interview and complete the assignment!

We really appreciate your input. If there is any additional feedback you’d like to provide, please feel free to get in touch with me at rianne.chan@aequilibrium.ca.

Cheers,
    Rianne

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aequilibrium.

Interview

Just like others said, they give a very big take home assignment which they do not even care to review. One can easily prove this by looking at network traffic in the git hub link. I found this company wasting somewhere around 40 hours of my time.

Interview Questions

• Create an iOS app that mimics Transformer fighting sequence.   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aequilibrium (Vancouver, BC) in February 2019.

Interview

1) There is an initial phone screen from HR to ask about your current situation and past experience. They will briefly explain the company structure at Aequilibrium and the different rebranding they have done.

2) There is a take-home assignment to be completed within 3 days. It is a simple application that covers persistent storage, consuming REST API, list manipulation and algorithm, building UI's and page transitions.

However, as other reviewers have pointed out, the process usually ends here without anyone from the team actually cloning or downloading your project for weeks (Check your Github traffic) before giving a generic rejection based on their job requirements. I spent quite a lot of time on the assignment to demonstrate scalable architecture, build patterns, and meeting all the requirements and more. They didn't even look at my work for weeks before rejecting me.

Interview Questions

• Take-home assignment to sort a list of "Transformers". Call REST API to amend the list after comparing each using a set of rules.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aequilibrium (Vancouver, BC) in November 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me and interviewed me over the phone, then she sent me a take-home test. I completed the test way before the deadline. then I never heard from them again until a week later I send them an email asking for my test and application. They told me they have already decided to go for another candidate. I am pretty sure they didn't even check my test as my github insight didn't have any visiting history. I feel the process was messy and disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Let’s say you have an array of integers that describes a stretch of land, where each integer represents the current height of the land. Can you write a function that reads that array and returns the number of castles that Aequilibrium should build on that stretch of land? You can write this solution in whatever language you like and provide a way to test it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aequilibrium.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, take-home programming assignment, in-person interview with development team leads. Follow-up with Director and CEO. Came back several times to chat with different team members. They're interested in your soft skills just as much as your technical ones.

Java Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aequilibrium (Vancouver, BC) in September 2017.

Interview

after applying, if you got selected, HR team will call you
    1st step :Initial phone call they ask you about you past experience and about projects
    next step : they will send you an assignement with 2 questions over mail,
    your submission will be reviewed by Technical Team.
    Step 3: if step 2 is postive, they will call for in person technical discussion with 2Technical heads-may be you have to write psuedo code
    once all good ,you are in

Interview Questions

• 1.find peaks and valley in given series of no's.
      2.small project : design a program to simulate fight between 2 teams.   1 Answer

Oct. 19, 2017 – Recruitment Coordinator

Greetings,

This is Gagan and I am a part of the Aequilibrium Talent Team. I am so happy to hear about your positive experience during the application process. We are improving the recruiting process to ensure quicker turnaround times and more transparency between Aequilibrium and our candidates. This is a great benchmark for us, and we strive to continue providing a seamless and streamlined application process.

Cheerios,

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aequilibrium in September 2017.

Interview

Before the interview I already had read some bad reviews about the company, but I decided to give it a shot.

The interview itself was mid level and the interviewer was nice, however the company demonstrated a notable lack of professionalism. They set up a day and time for the first interview but they never called or even sent an email to cancel it. Two days later they emailed me and set up another interview call which I confirmed again, but surprisingly they didn't call me again - twice in a row!!!

Well from this point I confirmed what I suspected but the reviews I read about them, they aren't as serious as they seem, but they contacted me for the third time and just out of curiosity I accepted to call them.

It has passed 20 days and I still haven't received any feedback or even a "we don't want you" email... Typical digital agency style where the staff are overflowed and nobody has 30 secs to send an email.

Interview Questions

Aequilibrium Response

Oct. 19, 2017 – Recruitment Coordinator

Hey there,

My name is Gagan and I am from the Talent team here at Aequilibrium. Firstly, I would like to apologize to you on the behalf of the team for not creating a more positive recruitment experience. Lack of communication and visibility in your application process can be frustrating.

This experience did not go as expected and did not meet our recruiting process standards. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are taking your input very seriously and are in the process of incorporating processes to ensure this doesn’t happen again as we scale and continue to grow our team.

If there is any additional feedback you would like to provide, please email me at gagan.sangha@aequilibrium.ca

Thanks again,

AEQ Talent Team

Technical Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aequilibrium in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email after 1 month to schedule the 1st phone interview. I confirmed interview time and was prepared only for me to get a mail at the time that the interviewer was in traffic and will call in 2 hours. the interview went rather smoothly and very few questions were asked which was rather surprising. I was told someone will get back to me in 2 days but that turned into a week with a mail saying position has been filled

Interview Questions

Aequilibrium Response

Oct. 24, 2017 – Recruitment Coordinator

Hello,

We appreciate constructive feedback on our recruitment process. We apologize you had to wait longer than what was communicated to you. We will take this feedback into future interviews we conduct.

All the best,

AEQ Talent Team

Junior DevOps/QA Automatioon Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aequilibrium (Vancouver, BC) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview
    On-site interview to grasp experience and overall skill
    Take home assignment for a Selenium framework
    2nd On-site interview

Overall interviewers were very attentive and interested in your projects and past experiences.
    Very patient and easy to talk to

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aequilibrium.

Interview

I applied online. It took 3 weeks. After one week, I got an email and ask me for phone call interview. It was a nice interview and was about my technical interview. After it, they send me an email and invite me to do a project in any language. I did it and send them. They said it took 2 weeks to review your project. This 2 weeks, turn to a month and nobody email me. After I send an email and ask about it, They just said sorry, the process of selection candidate was finished. They added you were one of our top of candidate and if you want we will add your application to our database for the next available position. They never contact me.

Interview Questions

Aequilibrium Response

Oct. 24, 2017 – Recruitment Coordinator

Hello there,

My name is Gagan and I am a part of AEQ’s Talent Team. I want to apologize for the lengthy process and application turnaround time. We are working on making this a quicker recruitment cycle. Based on candidate feedback, we’ve included more leads to help us with the technical review. We are improving our processes and can now guarantee a 3-day turnaround time for assignment review + feedback.

There seems to be a misunderstanding regarding the “AEQ Insider” list. If you are added to our “AEQ Insider” list, that means that you successfully completed the technical assignment, and when there is a project-fit, we will contact you to see if you are available and interested in taking it on. This does not put you in a “database for the next available position.” A position is offered based on project-fit, and is not guaranteed.

That being said, if you see a role open on our careers page that seems interesting to you, you are more than welcome to check-in and learn more about the project / opportunity.

We really appreciate your feedback in helping our department become more efficient. Thanks!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.