World Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Jun 13, 2019

Found 574 reviews

4.0
Joe DiPaola
Pros
  • "I started working as a broker with WFG part time to supplement my income(in 22 reviews)

• "Getting your Insurance License with help from the Team is amazing(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "As an example you do not need to recruit people if you don't want to(in 46 reviews)

• "It's MLM where once you blow through your friends and family it gets a lot slower(in 36 reviews)

1. "Part-time over 100K Ring earner"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Director in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I just started part-time to make couple of hundreds $$. But within 6 years time I reached my over $100K Ring and I have beaten my full-time income

Cons

Your investment is TIME here!

World Financial Group2019-05-21
  2. "WFG is all about leadership."

Current Employee - Associate in Markham, ON

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is full of talented caring individuals who really care about helping families but also helping you to become of better person (leader, mentor, coach, trainer, speaker, advisor, helper).

Cons

It is a significant investment time wise but usually hard work pays off.

Advice to Management

Always remain humble.

World Financial Group2019-06-09
  3. "Financial Distribution Model"

Current Employee - Associate in Calgary, AB

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Financial Education for the masses. Bank profits at all-time highs while debt burdens on the backs of everyday people are staggering. A common goal, a mission to help struggling families. Positive environment, great leaders, great product providers from big banks, investment companies, and insurance companies. Separation of people from the hard workers to the complainers.

Cons

It's a different opportunity and different is scary for everyone. People need to change themselves and to shift their mindset. Personal change is hard and difficult, and so many fail then complain.

World Financial Group2019-06-03
  4. "Alright"

Current Employee - Assistant MD

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time

Pros

Positive people to be around Learning new things about insurance Part time

Cons

Great at first then the hype wears down after a while. Hard to find clients without looking like your begging for them to come. Essentially like a pyramid! But you help people and families. You start your own business and build your team and make residual income from your pyramid ( team members ) down down down such and such. Very repetitive personal life stories !

World Financial Group2019-06-07

"Probably one of the best places to work and become a better person."

Current Employee - Associate in Calgary, AB

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Before you read on. I cannot speak for all WFG offices as they are all INDEPENDENTLY RAN. I worked in arguably one of the best offices in North America, definitely the best office in Canada. The environment, leadership, direct mentorship from people who have done what you want to do, challenges, and competing with other agents is what sets this company apart from all other companies I have worked with. You get...

Cons

There are no true cons to this company in my opinion. It's tough... If you want to know about how tough the adventure could be, I would suggest talking to someone in the company that has been around for a couple years, instead of listening to people who "tried it" for a month and figured it wasn't for them.

Advice to Management

Hire a PR army for the company to clean up the garbage that's out there.

World Financial Group2019-05-18
  6. "Marketing Director"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Markham, ON

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked in the corporate world for over 30 years and I enjoyed the steady paycheques. I joined WFG over 3 years ago and I have found the following: WFG has great leadership, awesome training, unlimited business possibilities, and mostly positive attitude. Amazing corporate culture for teamwork and business collaborations. Advisors that I met so far have high business integrity and deep product knowledge. ...

Cons

Sometimes the business owner is not coachable and doesn't have the right business mindset. People associate their failure to what WFG business. I wish people would talk to those have made it instead of whom failed. Really, not everyone has gone to college graduate. You would not ask those who failed in their grades on how poor or how great the school is. Your mindset and your persistence on succeeding will impact

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. Build more leaders. Help people better lives!

World Financial Group2019-05-14
  7. "Scam Job"

Current Employee - Marketing Director

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Quick cash from customers, that's it

Cons

Promote business like everyone can become a CEO in 1 year, very unrealistic and is a job for those who cant succeed in life with proper education.

World Financial Group2019-06-09

"Love It"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In control of own time and money. Awesome work life balance. Get paid super well for helping people. Positive environment. We get paid to help people. Just an amazing team to work with in Calgary and seeing what a huge positive difference we are making to families is amazing. Products are great that WFG offers through their product providers.

Cons

You have to put in the hard work. If you don't work hard you cannot expect to be rewarded. Definitely not for lazy people.

World Financial Group2019-04-29

"Fun But Challenging !!!"

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time

Pros

great income potential and you are paid what you have worked.

Cons

You have to work hard and learn, to give the right products for your clients

World Financial Group2019-05-01

"wfg as a career."

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined for financial education @ first but now I love educating and helping families. And @ the same time earn good money part time while working my full time job.

Cons

It's a hard work but it's worth it. We give 100% to do our job why not do this part time with full time earnings.

Advice to Management

Attend all the meetings to immerse yourself in the business. We are in the business of learning, building and earning at the same time.

World Financial Group2019-04-26