World Financial Group Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2021

Found 763 of over 922 reviews

3.7
World Financial Group President & CEO Joe DiPaola  (no image)
Joe DiPaola
Pros
  • "Good alternative to other set of part time job if you are really interested(in 29 reviews)

• "Would the governments of every province and the federal gov't license agents who are aligned with an illegal enterprise(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Expect to sacrifice some time with friends and family at times, also the same way any business owner must(in 50 reviews)

• "Constant recruiting to make money(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Why WFG for anyone with big dreams

May 5, 2021 - Associate in Victoria, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can start this business on part time basis while working full time. Can control your own schedule and study plan for the license. A tons of help is available in the form of trainings, conventions and from your trainer. Can make decent amount of money with discipline, dedication and hard work.

Cons

Must be able to put extra time to learn and grow and show discipline to make decent amount of money. People says it destroys your relationship with people , There is no such thing.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

LIFE CHANGING OPPURTUNITY

Feb 26, 2021 - Insurance Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best thing about WFG is anyone can start with $130+taxes. Low investment. No risk. You have mentors to guide you. WFG Gives all the equal chance but Choice depends on the person. I was also scared when I started but best thing that I did was , Even after reading all negative reviews on GOOGLE about WFG, I still myself a chance to analyse by self. So far , I am loving the oppurtunity. WFG gets license from the government and works with TOP MAJOR BANKS , INSURANCE AND INVESTMENT COMPANIES. I mean there is nothing to think like its a scam.

Cons

It takes time and lot of effort initially to build your network and build licenses. But everything good takes time. It is not a get rich quick scheme , like many people think they will make money just by joining. You have to put hard work and dedication to make money.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company If You're Willing to Actually Put In The Work

Oct 22, 2020 - Associate in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company if you're willing to put in the work. It is a simple business, but definitely not an easy business. If you want to do well you are going to have to put in a lot effort and be patient. There is unlimited potential for growth, and you are able to completely control your own time and go at your own pace. You are given the opportunity to create your own business and build it your own way. The environment is super positive, and it forces you to become a better person through self development. Even if it turns out not to be for you, you will leave being a better person than when you started. You will also learn a ton about how to control and manage your own finances as well as helping others with theirs.

Cons

Don't expect to make a ton of money right away. It does take time to get your license and you cant make any money until you do that. Once you do get it however it is pretty easy to make a decent amount of money on a part time basis. it is commission and so nothing is guaranteed, but the only way you don't make any money is if you literally don't do anything, which does happen more than it should , and then people use that as an excuse as to why they failed.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

not so great who likes stability

Jul 12, 2021 - Associate in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

work life balanced. Fully commisioned

Cons

full commission. warm calling. MLM

5. 3.0

Life, Accident & Sickness Insurance

Jul 2, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Regina, SK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Make your own hours, build residual income

Cons

100% commission, very tough to make enough if you don't recruit constantly

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Don't let one bad office turn you away!

Mar 21, 2021 - Financial Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Recognition Support Options for your Clients Can be completely honest and transparent Educational Approach , not pressure selling Amazing Work Environment Ability to Work Remotely Room for Growth, No Ceiling

Cons

Some people have bad experiences at not so great offices or with bad people in general which can affect how they view the company as a whole. Problem isn't the company, it's the select few people who result in negative reviews.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Multi-level and Recruiting-focused Insurance Agency

May 29, 2021 - SMD in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment and opportunities for exposure to personal development content

Cons

Compensation much lower that industry and system highly-dependent on constantly being able to recruit a team of distributors

Continue reading
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I help executives and business owners protect their life, money, business and grow wealth

Feb 6, 2021 - Senior Broker in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's been 4 years in the business for me. I started part-time with my full-time job as a Telecom Engineer. For the last 2 years, I am full time with this business. - I never thought about having my own business with offices and now I have - Amazing platform where I can learn everything sitting from home. - Without big investment, I can be a millionaire. - I could change my life totally. - On my way to be the best version of myself.

Cons

Hard work, commitment, and persistence. There is no shortcut.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great potential for financial freedom

Apr 6, 2021 - Associate in Barrie, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Financial education and awareness Financial freedom Total control of hours No boss or quotas to meet

Cons

Start up is challenging Studying is required for license exam

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome and better than working someone else

Feb 18, 2021 - Marketing Director in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing compensation. If your goals are clear then you can achieve whatever you want. Everything is audited before approval. It will really bring out the best person in you.

Cons

You have to really work hard to become broker

1 person found this review helpful