World Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 4 April, 2019

4.0
Joe DiPaola

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you put in the work you will definitely make a lot of money" (in 15 reviews)

• "I personal learn a lot form WFG" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's MLM where once you blow through your friends and family it gets a lot slower" (in 35 reviews)

• "100% commission driven - no base salary" (in 15 reviews)

"Read for the truth"

Former Employee - Marketing Director
    Former Employee - Marketing Director

I worked at World Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

World Financial group is an amazing company that changes people on the inside to become better people. Not only are you able to make a lot of money, but you gain a lot of practical people skills, business knowledge, and financial education on stuff that can never ever be bought.

Cons

If you want to see the truth about a business go ask someone in the damn business instead of searching up dumb reviews from people who “checked out the business”.

2. "Good place to learn and earn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

earn extra income, learn more finance knowledge.

Cons

Not stable income at the begining

3. "Best Decision Ever"

Current Employee - Associate in Dawson Creek, BC
    Current Employee - Associate in Dawson Creek, BC

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently started with WFG and already I’ve learned quite a lot about different insurance products (through the licensing program) you’re taken through an online course where you’ll be fully licensed after passing the provincial licensing exams. The office environment is positive, uplifting and encouraging!! There are so many opportunities to learn if you put the time and effort into it! Where else can you start your own business for $300!! Not to mention the difference conferences kn world class locations (Banff, Las Vegas etc.)

Cons

People are VERY sceptical of the format, that it’s all referral based. However it’s fairly simple to get clients through friends and family. 100% commission based

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great leadership, trainings, SYSTEM, passive income, freedom of time and many more.

Cons

As a self-employed, you have to build your business from scratch and learn all the skills. 100% commission

Advice to Management

No advice

5. "Associate"

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time

Pros

Great place to start a business.

Cons

none at the moment yeah

Advice to Management

Keep it up! awesome job! yeah!

6. "Associate"

I worked at World Financial Group part-time

Pros

It has very flexible time you can work on your own time

Cons

No salary, it's 100% commission

"Not a good fit for me"

Former Employee - Associate in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Associate in Mississauga, ON

I worked at World Financial Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people , friendly environment , ability to work pt to grow your business.

Cons

No leads given, low commission at first until you get promoted, hated trying to recruit my friends and strangers.
    I got my license but trainer was not the right fit for for me. I worked 6 months and glad I left to work for another company.

Advice to Management

Need to provide more support for new associates but it really depends who you select as your trainer.

"Client for 15 years, Agent for 2 years."

Current Employee - Senior Partner In Training in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Senior Partner In Training in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a client I saw first hand the amazing things WFG did for me and my family. On countless occasions I would speak with friends and family and compare their services to that of what I was doing and they would ALL be amazed at the low cost of my insurance and high returns I was getting for my investments. I had a personal relationship with my Advisor and it felt amazing to actually be involved with my financial plan rather than just a number. Fast forward almost 14 years and I made the transition to agent in preparation for retirement from Law Enforcement. As a police officer, we are very skeptical people, so I did a ton of homework...and NO, not just googling WFG and listening to the "victims" who blame everyone and everything else for their failures. I instead went inside and tried it for myself to see if it was really as good as they said it was.Where else can you start your own company for only $125? Well it wasn't that good...IT WAS AMAZING!!! And still is!! I get to change people's lives in a positive way while still looking after my family financially! For only a few hours a week I have almost replaced my income (and contrary to popular belief, police get paid very well) and have built an amazing team that goes out with me every day and helps people!! I have created an army of financial warriors who love to help people and we enjoy every moment learning from some of the best and brightest in the industry!! This place is an amazing self improvement company with an amazing compensation package....the best in the industry if you want to build a business that pays you passive income for life!!! I could write a book on this but Steve Seibold already did...READ IT!

Cons

SEE ABOVE and you haters quit calling WFG a pyramid scheme just because you did not want to put in the time and success tax!. PYRAMID SCHEMES ARE ILLEGAL and we would not be a licensed company if we did illegal things!! ALSO the major multi BILLION dollar banks, investment and insurance companies would not have teams dedicated to our agents if we were a "SCHEME". If you want to throw shade at us, try coming out and making an honest effort into building a business and FOLLOWING the system that has been shown to work.
    There are different personalities in every line of work and sometimes people do not get the mentorship they feel in compatible with them...that does not mean the company is bad!

Advice to Management

Keep it up, great leadership, great partnerships and amazing mission!!

9. "best opportunity to be self employed"

I worked at World Financial Group full-time

Pros

Many advantages to building your business on a platform designed for growth

Cons

you should be self discipline and very self motivated to succeed

10. "Fraud management trying to trick"

I worked at World Financial Group part-time

Pros

No pros only cons all the way

Cons

Wastage of time and money
    Management tricks you into signup and then compels to take their monthly insurance plan
    Only few people at top make money