Working Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 4 Nov 2019

3.5
Working Solutions CEO Kim Houlne
Kim Houlne
Pros
  • "The work from home saves so much money and time to allow for a healthy work/life balance(in 132 reviews)

• "I have worked for a lot of WAH organizations but have never felt as valued as I do by WSOL(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have no Cons for this company(in 36 reviews)

• "Being forced to either work other programs or they will make very few hours available to you(in 22 reviews)

1. "Good"

Former Employee - CRS

I worked at Working Solutions full-time

Pros

Great place to work met some awesome people. Management was very supportive

Cons

I can't think of any negative issues. All was fine

Advice to Management

Great business dynamics keep up the great work

Working Solutions2019-11-04
  2. "Great"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Working Solutions part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked from home 20 hour minimum

Cons

Low pay, training not great

Working Solutions2019-10-24

"Good pay for Work from Home"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Working Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work when you want You are a contractor. You must work the minimum hours..usually 20 per week but sometimes 15 or less.

Cons

The hours are not always available. The scheduling system is awful unless it has finally been updated. ( the new system was not a huge improvement though unless many changes have been made) If you miss the drop, you are left with hours undesirable, hours you can not work or nothing at all. They go through hiring blitzes I assume do to business and many consultants leave. This cause hour availability to shrink so... it is hard to plan you budget. You may not get all you need. You can pick up hours from others but you have to constantly look at the bulletin board to see if someone wants to give up a shift. They do monitor calls which is fine and give kudos when you have a good call. However, if a bad call occurs they do "counsel" you. You must set an appt on your own time to discuss. Beware that if you answer a recall that was bad, even if you solved the issue and made the client happy and satisfied, you still get penalized. Bad motivation to be blamed for something you corrected. Training is too faced paced for SABRE software. You basically learn by doing and if you do not get difficult calls in the TWO days of test calls , you really are not prepared. SMEs are available in the chat rooms, but it takes times to get responses which causes stress because your client is usually in a hurry and waiting on you. Sometimes the SMEs have incorrect solutions, but you are still responsible for the out come. Many times you go "over" your scheduled shift and you are penalized for that. Sometimes you get a cal 1 minute prior to end of shift and you must stay to finish. If its a difficult call it can take alot of time. Because of this you can not really plan anything like appts or other jobs after your shift because you have to stay and finish. This ending up being extremely problematic and reason to leave.

Advice to Management

Make sure your travel consultants are very comfortable with the processes before you let them go live. Not everyone learns at the same pace. Do not goad them to into more complex levels just because you need hours filled. They may not be ready nor interested in more complex tasks.

Working Solutions2019-10-30

"Legit Work from Home"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Powder Springs, GA

I have been working at Working Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

You have the flexibility to create your own schedule and work from home in 15 minute intervals. Pay is pretty decent for the work asked

Cons

You have to fight for your hours and the hours do change weekly sometimes you can over the min. 20 hours but most of the time you are fighting to just get to 20 if not 15 hours. per week

Working Solutions2019-09-25

"Total disorganization and constant technical issues"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Working Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro was working at home

Cons

Very frustrating and time consuming. There are always technical problems and the support staff takes forever to get back to you and when they do it's often too late. There is no excuse in this modern day and age to have that many issues. The whole platform is very disorganized. Also they require you to work 20 hours a week but it's almost impossible to schedule them. Oh but then it gets fun. They will ask you to... give up some of your hours after stating you need a minimum of 20...it's really ridiculous. The pay is way too low for the amount of aggravation and self study time unpaid time required for any of the positions, and I did several so trust me I know.

Advice to Management

Get organized and make things run smoothly. People don't have hours and hours to deal with tech issues that aren't their fault to begin with. Time is money.

Working Solutions2019-10-29

"If you’re smart enough to work here you shouldn’t be working here."

Former Employee - Senior Living Advisor in Lodi, WI

I worked at Working Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very nice management. I think It may be possible for someone that just needs something part-time without having to worry about money or hours then possibly this may be a fit. Perhaps someone homebound without kids at home.

Cons

I switched careers and didn’t really know where to work next. So I worked on two different programs for them. I guess I cannot say the names but it was for senior living and also a famous craft store. I have a Bachelors Degree and most people I worked with did as well. The training on both programs was very hard. You need to be tech savvy because it’s self setup and the IT at this company is not good. There is not a... person to speak too. You have to put in a ticket and get an email back which 75% of the time has nothing to with helping you and is something you have already tried. If your down your screwed. For training you need to have two random weeks off without getting paid or working elsewhere for each program. My biggest problem with being a contractor is that first off the pay totally sucked. I ended up leaving after finding something making triple what I did here with benefits and frankly the job is easier. They hire highly skilled service and sales reps. I had been in sales and service for over 20 years and found these jobs difficult because you have to be a robot but not sound like a robot. They monitor you to say the same exact thing correctly each and every time which is extremely difficult it you actually are listening to customers and answering their concerns. I would constantly get dinged for not being empathetic enough at a certain spot or missing a word here or there which was incredibly stressful to me because you are always worried you will get fired. If your not perfect then you have to attend all these extra training sessions unpaid where they go over the exact same stuff over and over. The craft store was a bit more lenient but the problem there was that you only got paid if you were on the phone w a cust. And there was so much after call work that you had to do that you got paid peanuts on that the pay totally stank. You are gonna work Holidays. You are going To work nights. You are going to work weekends. Your breaks are not paid. So you are thinking big deal I can handle that. Well actually no. Each contract you pick up is a min. Of 20 hours. There is always something that happens tech wise or gee I don’t know you have to pee. So you need to schedule 21-22 hours per contract or you will get fired. It also takes 15min to log on to their system. So for each 15 min break you have to schedule 30 min. You will die if you don’t schedule a break every two to three hours because the work is very hard and monotonous. So say you schedule in total a half hour for lunch a half hour for dinner and one other half hour break. Also throw in when they release hours it is like a pack of wild hyenas fighting for time. So usually you can’t get big chunks of time. It was awful. So then you get stuck with weekend hours. On the senior living project if you didn’t make VIP which is not easy you then schedule after everyone else and get stuck with crap! So flexible? Eh not really. My average week was me starting at 8:30 am and four to five nights a week until 9 pm and then also either a Saturday or Sunday. I though I would have more time with my family and I never saw them. My family hated me working here. Absolutely zero work life balance. I was always stressed and always rushed! Also if you want a day off now you drop below 20 hours a week and have to make that day up! The only way you can take off time is by scheduling 7 consecutive days off. Total BS. Who can do that? It’s unpaid anyways. My advice is really think about this one before you jump in.

Advice to Management

If I could change one thing it would be to give people two weeks unpaid vacation a year. Where you can schedule one day off to get you oil changed or have a dental appointment like an actual human. But besides that give people a standard 20 or 40 hour schedule. Fighting for hours is ridiculous. Have it rotating if you want so everyone works a Holiday or a weekend day twice a month. But five text messages a day... begging me to work more hours when I am drowning already and an extra dollar an hour incentive for working seven days a week. Is not motivating. Woo Hoo I gave up my day off for 8 dollars. Exhausting

Working Solutions2019-08-27

"Excellent/Flexible"

Current Employee - Quality Team in Mason City, IA

I have been working at Working Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love what I do and enjoy all of my co-workers. Excellent hours, pay, leadership and co-workers. Secure company that continues to grow. This contact center has superior clients and recruit's excellent candidates as employees and contractors. The work from home saves so much money and time to allow for a healthy work/life balance. Communication is good and they have strong leadership teams.

Cons

Agent positions are contracted employees so you must be a self starter and be able to efficiently work from home and remain focused. This is not a negative but so many people believe they are disciplined to work from home but are not.

Advice to Management

I am grateful for this opportunity and value your communication, flexibility and experience within the industry.

Working Solutions2019-09-04

"New Hire"

Current Employee - Contractor in Home

I have been working at Working Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm not sure yet .

Cons

I was excited until I read the reviews, more so the way management responded was unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Your teams are a reflection of your skills, ability to lead.

Working Solutions2019-09-25

"Outdated Scheduling System/Poor Tech Support Embarrassing CMO comments to Reviews"

I have been working at Working Solutions

Pros

I’d love to be able to recommend this company because my enthusiasm and respect for the owner and potential for this company looked amazing when I first came aboard over 4 yrs ago. Work from home is a pro Peers- coworkers are fabulous people, both professionally and personally.

Cons

The first thing that I’m going to talk about is how embarrassed I am for the way that the CMO responded to so many do the negative reviews. You could just hear the anger/attitude/and defensiveness coming across most of them. It made me cringe and super surprised me because it sets a tone for the whole company image and not a good one. It bothers me more than what I have to say next, and actually spurred me to leave... a review because it almost confirms for me the thoughts I have had about the company direction and stance they now have regarding their bread and butter contractors. It has left a very sour taste in my mouth. As a contractor you are expected to wait until invoice day to view what the company has determined to be the number of minutes logged in the system. This is what determines how much you are paid. It also determines whether or not you meet your work goals. You are held to work adherence goals but have to guess at what those might be until 2 weeks has passed and you have no idea what Working Solutions has tracked for you. Instead of providing a real time monitor of how you are doing, it is always a guessing game as to how they are going to pay you. The level of technology and tools that you are provided to schedule/track stats/communicate with supervisors/team etc. is extremely poor. It’s very antiquated/outdated and poorly thought out. A contractor’s most important tools are to help track time, scheduling and stats in real time and these tools don’t exist. A contractor should be able to look at any given time at live stats that they are being held accountable for. This missing piece makes this company fall behind the rest and is a huge let down. The new and improved scheduler is another let down. It actually doesn’t have the capability of doing what the retired model did. This is called going backwards. Not to mention that feedback is not encouraged, acknowledged, nor does it ever seem to get heard. It appears that either they don’t want to spend the money to give us what we deserve or their tech team isn’t capable of producing better tools. It’s unknown as to the cause of why they don’t ensure our technology is with the times of 2019- it leaves us guessing. Unfortunately management states that they are always working on improving but they are still years behind and it’s not a priority. I don’t know how to describe the tech support. It is pitiful. You just pray and hope that you never have to utilize them but let’s face it, it’s inevitable. In the project I’m in it’s a technical nightmare. The work tools however are not the fault of Working Solutions. It is the fault of the company whom we work for. However, when there is a tech issue WS team has to assist, be the go between with the company. Again, being up and running is our lifeline to earning money. The tech support team could care less. The system in place is not a benefit to the contractor. The policy as to who determines whether or not you are paid for “down” time is grey and extremely unfair to contractor. We are told several times to log out and back in to our work apps in hope our work tools will be better on the new attempt, and this deducts time from our income even though it has nothing to do with our own systems. I’ve lost hundreds of dollars over time from work tools not working right, and team mates having the same issue - but you don’t get compensated because no one has called it a global outing for everybody. So beware and be prepared to eat time out of systems even if it’s not your fault. Obviously when it is user error or user system error it doesn’t make sense to hold anyone responsible and this would be contractor responsibility. Unfortunately tech support seems everything user responsibility unless they have been given an incident report from the company. Lastly communication is poor in every way. You are expected to keep track of a great deal of information among several tools and missed info often. Also very difficult to get response from some management. Still waiting on follow up promised by PM from back in January. Inconsistency - leads never know what’s going on and are not held accountable. Trying to inform anyone of this is like talking to a rug. Leads are supposed to be your lifeline and majority don’t care, are too lazy to actually look at your question and record and will give generic answers.

Advice to Management

I’ve held out as long as I have because I LOVE MY ACTUAL JOB AND PEOPLE I WORK WITH and there was hope and potential and promises. Unfortunately the last year has brought the most stress and most disappointments and as much as the company has had their “best” year and grown, they have forgotten what brought them to this point. Sometimes growing bigger isn’t better if you lose what is the heart of your existence.... It’s been sad to see where this has landed, and more upsetting that I’ve begun looking for alternate options because I absolute love what I do. Back it up and remember where this started. Value opinions and suggestions not discourage them. Spend money to be in 2020 with technology and tools for your contractors. That is what will show you care! Keep valued workers who have been loyal. Listen to those who want to stay! And please provide a positive company image when responding to reviews in public. It’s damaging to the company image when negative tone comes across by company in responses. I’ve personally boycotted several businesses because of company responses to reviews. It turns people off and the company I came to work for 4-5 years ago would never have engaged so negatively. It has been surprising to see this from the company.

Working Solutions2019-07-26

"Working Solutions is a Godsend!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in McMinnville, OR

I have been working at Working Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderfully supportive company!! Working from home is a HUGE plus for me, and this company is great for that!! Plenty of room for advancement and a variety of clients means there is something for everyone! I LOVE my job at Working Solutions!

Cons

Not a one for me!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT work!!!

Working Solutions2019-05-13