WildBrain Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2022

Found 190 of over 273 reviews

4.2
WildBrain Chief Executive Officer and Vice Chair of the Board of Directors Eric Ellenbogen
Eric Ellenbogen
Pros
  • "Many people warned me about the Corporate nature of the Wild Brain studio(in 21 reviews)

• "amazing work environment and people(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I cant speak for other job roles at the studio(in 24 reviews)

• "Pipeline for newer productions could use improvement(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of WildBrain and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Great Employer

Jun 11, 2022 - CG Animator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance and atmosphere

Cons

Salary might not be on par with other Animation companies

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best TV animation company in Canada

Jun 24, 2022 - Senior Layout Artist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family vibe, Share company's plan with employees, many events, matching RRSP etc etc

Cons

Low salary...that's all I want to say. other things wonderful for me

3. 4.0

Good but CCB

May 28, 2022 - FX Artist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance Great friendly people

Cons

No much communication between departments Cheap investment in their tools Very bad pipeline

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very nice place to work at

Apr 27, 2022 - Junior Art Director in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities for growth. Nice environment.

Cons

It can be a little too kid friendly.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Collaborative and Inclusive place to grow!

Apr 7, 2022 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- working on heritage and classic brands in the kids entertainment space - global reach with local based and support teams (really get to know your colleagues) - work life balance (flex days are provided, half day summer hours, winter holiday week closure, etc) - strong attention to diversity and inclusion (DEI team in house, various training sessions (internal and external), open and inclusive discussions, room to challenge and ask for help and an action plan in place to ensure underrepresented groups are given access to opportunities - great culture, team members are down to earth, knowledgeable and value curiosity and continuous learning - benefits, RRSP/401K, mental health resources, culture that emphasis wellness and taking time for you - a strong emphasis on equal pay, internal pay equity across roles/levels - amazing women (and men) in leadership - representation matters! - a lot of whitespace/opportunities to be creative no mater what role you hold etc.

Cons

- continue building process and enforcing it from the top

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Meh

Apr 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team members, good work life balance, decent benefits including RRSP matching

Cons

Poor pay, lack of leadership and bullying

WildBrain Response

Thank you for your comments. We strive to foster a healthy and positive work environment where everyone is free to be their authentic self. We take accusations of misconduct such as bullying seriously, and we encourage you to provide further feedback through our independent, confidential and optionally anonymous Integrity Action Line: https://clearviewconnects.com/#/.

7. 4.0

Good studio to work

Apr 7, 2022 - Lead Layout Artist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

professional environment, fun to work, work life balance

Cons

less salary compared with other studio's

8. 5.0

Great community

Mar 15, 2022 - Production Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome people to work with

Cons

At the moment I haven't experienced any cons!

9. 5.0

Great people, great direction

Feb 25, 2022 - Senior Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

WildBrain is the first place I have worked in a very long time where no matter what challenges we have I still feel content. There are so many options out there and when you get frustrated it would be easy to just leave but I don't feel that urge because it feels like a place that is moving in a good direction, both in terms of quality of work and the care given to improve work-life and support employees. I am confident in the leaders we have in place and I hope to stay put a while!

Cons

With big goals and growth comes growing pains and challenges meeting the demands of our daily job whilst also building out better pipelines and processes. It would be great to see better growth in this area over the next year especially while trying to adapt to remote work and keep improving on that experience. Also would be great to keep seeing newer and more innovative/creative shows produced, lets keep creating fresh and diverse content.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Great Studio

Feb 10, 2022 - Modeling Supervisor in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Retention, good work environment

Cons

some lower quality shows, must work fast

Viewing 1 - 10 of 190 Reviews

WildBrain Reviews FAQs

WildBrain has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 273 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at WildBrain to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WildBrain employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WildBrain. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

87% of WildBrain employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WildBrain 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with WildBrain Job Seekers