Found 245 of over 357 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "the people are great and friendly" (in 44 reviews)
- "good benefit (half days before holidays and other small stuff that makes you feel warm)" (in 41 reviews)
- "Team was great, and the studio contributed up to 10% of my salary for RRSPs" (in 13 reviews)
- "good work life balance" (in 11 reviews)
- "Nice office space" (in 8 reviews)
- "LOW pay since it is VANCOUVER!!!" (in 19 reviews)
- "low salary and artist social life is not that good" (in 13 reviews)
- "Upper management seems disorganized, hard to find a fork during lunch rush in kitchen, and they seem to be running out of room enough for all the desks." (in 6 reviews)
- "I worked there for 6 months and gained nothing but frustration and experienced a culture with no support and no interest in helping you develop as a creative or as a person." (in 6 reviews)
- "Sadly, bullying was condoned before then." (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of WildBrain and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Jun 10, 20232D Harmony AnimatorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
-They give you double the time for half the usual quota of animation -They pay what I find to be actual competitive rates -Worked remotely outside of Vancouver -Benefits -Excellent communication and transparency (They let me know 4 months in advance that contract was not renewing)
-Benefits are only available to employees in the Province of British Columbia
- 3.0Sept 17, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Be aware. Those who are not doing great are being FIRED. Of course, if your supervisor doesnt like you, he will tell the manager to fire you. You are expected to act nice, even if he acts like a sociopeth. Due to the lack of employees, extra work and extra ghost hours(non-paid over time) are expected. Of course, you can't work ghost hours.
A lof of show has ended and a lot of employees are laid off. People started to unionize, and they will send you endless messages on SNS until you join them. Do not expect a raise, or 'Average' salary. But its nearly impossible to go to another studio right now, because so many talented people are also laid off somewhere (DSNY for example)1
WildBrain Reviews FAQs
WildBrain has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 357 reviews left anonymously by employees. 92% of employees would recommend working at WildBrain to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.
92% of WildBrain employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WildBrain 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.