WildBrain Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

WildBrain Interview Questions

Interviews at WildBrain

2.4

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WildBrain (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Usual interview process, nothing out of the ordinary. Met with two different recruiters in one department then two in a different department. All interviews were under an hour long . Most questions were expected and already on my resume .

Senior Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WildBrain (Toronto, ON) in August 2020.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks before I even got to a video interview. Once I had the meeting with these two guys they basically told me about the show "Peanuts". They showed me some stuff without even having me sign an NDA. I saw some designs and some poor animation attempts they told me was in the rough stages. Looked nothing like Charles Schultz's work. I thought okay- it's still needs work in development. Everything thing seemed fine like they wanted me to work on the show after seeing my years of animation experience and even working for Disney as a lead animation director. I spoke to them about animation timing and expressions, as the true Charlie Brown characters have very subtle expressions. It appeared like I was going to be hired. Most questions were basically answered if they read my resume but...The final question was very odd. What is your favorite song? So I played the Peanuts theme on my piano for them. I thought hey- we were talking about peanuts and that came to mind. Then I had to wait for about 2 weeks after that and by me following up every few days to get an answer about being hired. I finally get an answer they want me now to do some kind of a test. I was a little stunned by that. Anyway, this is where i should have realized this was some kind of a game to get artwork for free. However, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and did what I would call a very unprofessional test. Even though at this point I had now signed an NDA they sent poor board sketches with a bold watermark through the work I was trying to see. The instrustions were not clear as to what they even wanted done. Becuase they were not paying me for the test I did up some very nice clean drawings of Schutz styled poses. I had to do my own research to get model sheets of the characters and try and design them from a few different time periods. I realized I was putting way too much time into this and finally sent them a few, but not all of the work. I became very skeptical, thinking back on the meeting, that they had no clear direction for character models yet. It was even in the test notes to reference comic strips from 1965- 1975. I sent in my test and waited yet another week to hear anything back. At this stage I had to move on to something else- but was surprised to finally hear back from a very green recruiter that I was not being hired. Wow, I showed my work to many of my professional colleagues and they all thought, based on the poor direction or what they were looking for, my work was of the highest quality so what the hell were they looking for? I have to wonder now seeing how under developed the show was at that time they were gathering artwork from artist for free. So I guess you could say working for Wild Braindead pays you peanuts!

Interview Questions

WildBrain Response

Sep. 22, 2020 – WildBrain

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to enhancing the employee experience here at WildBrain and that includes the recruitment and interview process. We want to ensure our employees and candidates are heard and take your review as an opportunity to grow and learn. Your comments have been shared with the WildBrain Talent team. Thank you again for reaching out.

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WildBrain (Vancouver, BC) in October 2019.

Interview

Skype call with animation director and producer. Asked questions that were personalized based on my perceived experience. Was also given an opportunity to ask questions that might help to better understand the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in Television.   6 Answers

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WildBrain (Vancouver, BC) in October 2019.

Interview

Was emailed to "have a chat" with the HR person. It was very quick and casual as the email had implied, the interviewer was rather fast paced but very professional. Was slightly underprepared. The screening process was very fast in comparison to what I've heard from others.

FX Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WildBrain (Vancouver, BC) in March 2019.

Interview

they were asking about some question about status in Canada, like do you have work permit? are you a PR. and then them ask some question about my skill of FX

Story Artist Interview

Interview

PRO: HRs are fast to reach and schedule an interview, it's quite a pleasant time during the interview. Takes about regular interview length of time.
    CON: Due to unknown reasons, they may delay reply time - that being said, maybe because they are trying to select from different candidates/or waiting for different candidates.

Interview Questions

• Depends on the interview director's style, could be the same old interview question, but also questions reflect on the show.   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WildBrain (Halifax, NS).

Interview

Very standard interview for animation industry: You past experience, Why you want to work here? where you want to go. Pleasant HR person, open to negotiate your pay based on your experience

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WildBrain (Vancouver, BC) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online and submitted my resume and cover letter. Then there were two phone interviews. Then there were two in person interviews at the studio in Vancouver. For the the two phone interviews, I spoke with the HR Manager. For the two in person interviews, I met with the Editorial Supervisors and then the Producer and Director.

Interview Questions

• How would my previous experience help me at DHX Media?   2 Answers

Posing Animation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WildBrain (Vancouver, BC) in May 2017.

Interview

I did the posing test first. waited about a week. I got a phone chat with the HR made an interview appointment. Then I went to their studio and met directors and a prouder to discuss the position

Interview Questions

• What do you like about animation? Are you eligible to work in Canada?   1 Answer

Challenge Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WildBrain (Toronto, ON) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with the executives and talked about my experience and their needs. They were getting ready to produce a show that was a new format for them and wanted my thoughts on it.

Interview Questions

• What duties had I performed when doing this job on other occasions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.