Wayfair Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.3
Wayfair CEO Niraj Shah
Niraj Shah
1,145 Ratings
Pros
  • "fringe benefits (including free snacks)(in 149 reviews)

• "They give a work life balance that no other company has been able to provide(in 143 reviews)

Cons
  • "I think our salaries are slightly below average (the price to pay for the work life balance though)(in 52 reviews)

• "sometimes upper management is hard to communicate with(in 52 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great for growth"

Current Employee - Talent Sourcer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone cares about your growth and you're surrounded by intelligent people. You can see the impact of your work and you're encouraged to do your best and grow. There are also so many opportunities within this company!

Cons

It does take some time to get used to Wayfair lingo, but everyone helps you through it.

Wayfair2019-03-06
  2. "It's a tech company, that sells furniture"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, environment, people, the culture and overall attitude

Cons

I mean, if you don't like warehouses, my job isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging open communication and fostering employee growth. Keep pushing for employee engagement. Keep relying on data data data!

Wayfair2019-03-05
  3. "Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Wayfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

4 days a week 10 hour shifts

Cons

Rude, racist, and unfair treatment

Advice to Management

Loosen up, being harsh won't make employees like you

Wayfair2019-09-02
  4. "If you can handle heavy weights you'll enjoy the job"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate

I worked at Wayfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Opportunity to grow -Lot's of overtime -Benefits as soon as you get hired

Cons

-Very heavy weight of items

Wayfair2019-07-15
  5. "Rate Company"

Current Employee - Dock Administrative in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice environment to work, its like home away from home. Great benefits!

Cons

Mandatory work and sometimes the work is not here to do especially on holidays.

Advice to Management

Just keep on doing what you're doing and Wayfair will to be the place where every one wants to shop and work.

Wayfair2019-05-14
  6. "Sales and Service Consultant"

I worked at Wayfair full-time

Pros

Worked in the EU office - good pay, lots of opportunity for advancement, fair management, ability to take ownership of your work, fun team outings, overall I would recommend this place to work.

Cons

Heavily monitored in your metric performance (overkill sometimes), a bit of a gossipy office

Advice to Management

Need to hire more staff to take the pressure off SSCs who are performing well but too much is expected in busy periods like Christmas due to poor business planning

Wayfair2018-12-30
  7. "You got just what I need"

I worked at Wayfair full-time

Pros

Growing company with a quick turn around on the interview process

Cons

Very demanding of staff time

Wayfair2018-12-27
  8. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - ICS in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

i really enjoyed working there

Cons

I didnot find anything wrong

Advice to Management

it was fun place to work

Wayfair2018-11-08

"Stepping Stone"

I have been working at Wayfair

Pros

Opportunity to gain a wide skill set within the company

Cons

Low pay and repetitive work

Wayfair2017-08-06

"A perfect place to keep your head down"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wayfair is a fantastic company if you're a software engineer who's looking to keep quiet, and not speak up when management treats you like garbage. And it excels at finding leaders who are willing to go the extra mile to be untrustworthy and make you feel like your job isn't safe (and for real, it's not).

Cons

Let's talk. The company has been growing like crazy, and one thing that was never thought about was "can we actually hire at a sustainable rate, and scale accordingly?" The answer was no on both counts. Software engineers at Wayfair have a history of disappearing. People who enter labs have an especially low success rate (70% make it through, and less than 50% last a whole year). It's basically their way to... run people through a burnout gauntlet, and see who survives. And then you have the stories of the people who come in to work and are just asked to resign. You'll see hints of it here on Glassdoor if you dig, and it's even worse than what you read. They actually gathered all the engineers for a big meeting at the beginning of this year. And they said that they were sorry that people felt scared and were sad that people felt like management didn't care. Which is exactly how we felt. They promised that their door was open, and they were going to work hard to set things right. One person out of 500 stood up and asked a really cutting question. AND THEN THEY FIRED HIM! And there were 3 completely different official reasons given about it. It's crazy. The leaders also started up an engineering meeting to keep everyone on the same page and answer anonymous questions. One time someone asked why we couldn't get snow days off, because it was tough to shovel for 3 to 4 hours and still work an 8 hour day. So the leaders proceeded to talk down to us and reprimand us for even thinking about asking a question like this. Turnover has been high over the past year, and the best people are leaving. This worries management, but they still have no idea that the problem is actually them creating a terrible environment. So if you're a good person who cares about the person next to you and leaving things better than you found them, don't bother applying here. But if you're not, and you just want to keep your head down and not question anything, then this is the perfect place for you. And if that's what you want, Wayfair gets 5 stars. Amazing career opportunities if you want to have the same job forever. Incredible senior management that value untrustworthiness. A fantastic culture of watching people next to you disappear. It's truly a perfect company.

Advice to Management

There is literally no hope for this company unless the board decides to fire most of the C-level executives and directors. This place is a lost cause.

Wayfair2017-05-12

Wayfair Response

November 13, 2017Engineering Director

First, I wanted to thank you for providing feedback. Second, I am very sorry to hear that your experience was far from ideal. I know it can be hard to give feedback if you feel management is the problem, but leadership would love to learn about these issues to refine the Wayfair employee ...

Found 1702 reviews