Wawanesa Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Jeff Goy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great Benefits, People that care about you both as an employee and an individual" (in 9 reviews)

• "Forward thinking company rethinking the work environment to appeal to a wave of new creative talent" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working mandatory Holidays in Customer Service when the rest of the company gets vacation" (in 7 reviews)

• "Fourth, there is no room for improvement" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent Company with Amazing Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time

Pros

I have been with Wawanesa less than a year and have already advanced my career a couple times since joining. I would not hesitate in recommending this company to my friends; family and previous colleagues. As a matter of fact, I'm always spreading the word when we have postings!
    Wawanesa Insurance acknowledges diversity in the workplace, and are really planning for the future. This is a great time to join the team!
    Wawanesa's overall compensation package is just another bonus!!! 5 Personal Days ; Defined Pension Plan; Competitive salary and vacation package!!

Cons

I think we need to spread our name out there more! Commercials; ads; etc... Share all of the wonderful things Wawanesa is a part of.

Advice to Management

Continue planning for the future!!!

2. "Underwriting assistant"

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time

Pros

Good environment great people .

Cons

Cant find the cons yet

3. "Would Recommend Working Here"

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company. Very progressive when it comes to auto insurance.

Cons

The company is going through changes due to the nature of the industry.

4. "Great company getting even better"

Current Employee - Director in Winnipeg, MB
    Current Employee - Director in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salaries, great benefits including a generous defined benefit pension, the nicest people you'll ever meet, and interesting and challenging work.

Cons

It can be difficult to cope with the pace of change -- for some, it feels like improvements to systems are coming at a snail's pace (but for a large company, these things simply take time), for others, it feels like too much all at the same time.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Its an exciting time to be part of this organization.

5. "Accounting Assistant"

I worked at Wawanesa Insurance full-time

Pros

Very nice company. Co-workers are friendly and the corporate structure is well-established.

Cons

As the company is expanding, some level of chaos in the office is to be expected.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Last insurer out there that cares for their people"

Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Old school style but currently in positive transformation mode to be the leader in the industry. Very exciting times with massive growth potential and opportunities. Great work environment.

Cons

There is pains that come with growth and change. Some people can’t adapt to change. Workload is heavy but change is happening to alleviate the strain.

Advice to Management

Eliminate the micro managers to make way for strong leaders that empower staff to make decisions.

7. "mutual company"

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time

Pros

stable mutual company, good benefit package

Cons

old style, not flexible in work

"A humble company proud of where we have come from, excited about where we are going!"

Current Employee - Underwriting Supervisor in Wawanesa, MB
    Current Employee - Underwriting Supervisor in Wawanesa, MB

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wawanesa is a company that values its people and recognizes the employees of a company are its greatest asset. The opportunities available for those willing to seize them are limitless. The culture change that this company has been going through for the past few years has promoted a vibrant, forward thinking environment. Wawanesa is a company that is planning for its future, and engaging its employees to be there for it.

The benefits package, and paid time off that Wawanesa provides for its employees is certainly impressive, so to is the involvement in community. Wawanesa provides all employees with a paid day off to use to support the community event, charity event, or volunteer event of their choice.

I am proud to be a part of this progressive company, and couldn't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

The growth and change this company has gone through in the past couple years has been intense at times, and can a challenge to keep up with.

Advice to Management

If I could offer any advice, it would be to manage the pace of change, I also realize this is something that is almost impossible to do.

9. "I love this place!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wawanesa, MB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wawanesa, MB

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wawanesa is an evolving organization that is becoming very employee focused. Employees are allowed much more flexibility and independence while promoting superior customer service. The employee benefit package is also second to none.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

10. "I have over 25 years experience in the insurance P&C Industry ."

Current Employee - Senior Appraiser in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Senior Appraiser in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I Joined Wawanesa this past spring and must say that I am very proud to work for Wawanesa the flexibility is amazing along with the work environment and team building work environment is very encouraging to feel and be full filled with, your occupation of choice. Accountability is held by everyone (incl management) to a very high standard , which is nice to see and work with in this day & age .
    Loads of highly skilled & professional people to work with, definitely one of the better Insurance Companies to work for out there, if not the Best!

Cons

Claims end of the Company is in a transition period this past summer for new software programs , some hiccups involved with this (when isn't there) however they are continuously working on it and have direction and protocols to iron out these minor wrinkles with the new software , they are not just ignoring it with continual work around / band aid solutions .