Wawanesa Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.0
Jeff Goy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor customer service training and bad management (in 7 reviews)

• Fourth, there is no room for improvement (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A humble company proud of where we have come from, excited about where we are going!"

Current Employee - Underwriting Supervisor in Wawanesa, MB
    Current Employee - Underwriting Supervisor in Wawanesa, MB

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wawanesa is a company that values its people and recognizes the employees of a company are its greatest asset. The opportunities available for those willing to seize them are limitless. The culture change that this company has been going through for the past few years has promoted a vibrant, forward thinking environment. Wawanesa is a company that is planning for its future, and engaging its employees to be there for it.

The benefits package, and paid time off that Wawanesa provides for its employees is certainly impressive, so to is the involvement in community. Wawanesa provides all employees with a paid day off to use to support the community event, charity event, or volunteer event of their choice.

I am proud to be a part of this progressive company, and couldn't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

The growth and change this company has gone through in the past couple years has been intense at times, and can a challenge to keep up with.

Advice to Management

If I could offer any advice, it would be to manage the pace of change, I also realize this is something that is almost impossible to do.

2. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Underwriting in Wawanesa, MB
    Current Employee - Underwriting in Wawanesa, MB

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company values it's employees. We are constantly getting recognized for our contributions. We have great benefits and holiday time that is second to none. Our leaders are always looking for ways to make our work life balance better included a community day they implemented this year that can be used to volunteer for anything that has a special meaning to you. We also have top up mat leave. We get 5 personal days a year and 3 weeks vacation to start or maybe more if you have related experience. This just goes to show that this company wants to hire talented people.
    There are so many exciting changes happening. I'm proud to be a part of it. The people make the difference. My coworkers are fantastic. The people I work with are like family.

Cons

Some times the work load can be overwhelming and the current tools we have available are not ideal.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I have faith that the road blocks we encounter due to system issues will be a thing of the past very soon.

3. "I love this place!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wawanesa, MB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wawanesa, MB

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wawanesa is an evolving organization that is becoming very employee focused. Employees are allowed much more flexibility and independence while promoting superior customer service. The employee benefit package is also second to none.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

5. "I have over 25 years experience in the insurance P&C Industry ."

Current Employee - Senior Appraiser in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Senior Appraiser in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I Joined Wawanesa this past spring and must say that I am very proud to work for Wawanesa the flexibility is amazing along with the work environment and team building work environment is very encouraging to feel and be full filled with, your occupation of choice. Accountability is held by everyone (incl management) to a very high standard , which is nice to see and work with in this day & age .
    Loads of highly skilled & professional people to work with, definitely one of the better Insurance Companies to work for out there, if not the Best!

Cons

Claims end of the Company is in a transition period this past summer for new software programs , some hiccups involved with this (when isn't there) however they are continuously working on it and have direction and protocols to iron out these minor wrinkles with the new software , they are not just ignoring it with continual work around / band aid solutions .

6. "Excellent Company with Amazing Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time

Pros

I have been with Wawanesa less than a year and have already advanced my career a couple times since joining. I would not hesitate in recommending this company to my friends; family and previous colleagues. As a matter of fact, I'm always spreading the word when we have postings!
    Wawanesa Insurance acknowledges diversity in the workplace, and are really planning for the future. This is a great time to join the team!
    Wawanesa's overall compensation package is just another bonus!!! 5 Personal Days ; Defined Pension Plan; Competitive salary and vacation package!!

Cons

I think we need to spread our name out there more! Commercials; ads; etc... Share all of the wonderful things Wawanesa is a part of.

Advice to Management

Continue planning for the future!!!

7. "GREAT Employer"

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid 3 weeks vacation, 5 personal days and 1 community day, also health/vision/dental benefits

Cons

Workload is very demanding and is intense if you are unfamiliar with the process.

"I can't imagine working anywhere else!"

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wawanesa has always been a great Company to work for but we’ve gone through a culture change over the last number of years. Through this culture change, we’ve transformed ourselves into a progressive-thinking Company that has become an employer of choice all the while sticking close to our Vision and Goals.

The Company always has and still truly cares for its’ employees and it certainly shows! Whether it’s the constant communication from Sr. Management, employee empowerment, family-like work environment, or competitive benefit package and pay, what Wawanesa does for its’ employees is truly amazing. The Company does much more than this for their employees but it’s honestly too much to list!

Cons

Rapid growth has resulted in rapid change which some areas seem to struggle with.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! For those areas struggling with change, provide as much support as possible to help them through it.

9. "Employee"

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time

Pros

Best place to work. Amazing people and culture. I love coming to work and feel so valued!

Cons

None. None. None. None. None.

Advice to Management

Thank you for making Wawanesa a great place to work!

10. "Fantastic Employee Engagement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Wawanesa is committed to its employees, and employee engagement! There have been so many positive changes in the past year, and I am proud to be a Wawanesa employee.

Cons

Keep the flow of communication from management to employees going, there could be improvement in communications.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going!

11. "Deeply respectful company with a successful past and an even brighter future!"

Current Employee - Leader In Human Resources in Winnipeg, MB
    Current Employee - Leader In Human Resources in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Wawanesa Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Humble attitudes
    Generous corporate philanthropy
    Customer centric
    Respectful workplace
    Velvet-lined pension plan

Although founded in 1896, there are new teams / departments and processes popping up everywhere. There are aspects to the company that make it feel like a young, vibrant and new company.

Cons

The company is going through a transformation which is a good thing and necessary to remain competitive. The change is not moving fast enough.