Wahaca Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 7 August, 2017

3.1
Mark Turner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "nice company to work with"

Current Employee - Server/Waitress
    Current Employee - Server/Waitress

I have been working at Wahaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

friedly and funny atmosphere, flexible management, possibility for a career progression

Cons

being charged in relation to our service compared to our sales

2. "everything good overall"

Pros

Good management, good teamwork. Positive atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes lack of communication but nothing crazy.

3. "Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Waiter in London, England (UK)

Pros

great atmosphere , service really easy and fun with a great value money for hour

Cons

I will always recommend the company , I really enjoyed work for them and I wouldn't mind to do it again

Advice to Management

No one is perfect but they are trying their best....no advice

Wahaca Response

7 Nov, 2016 – People Director

Thanks for your feedback, it is always great to know that we are delivering on our ambition of creating Wow experiences for our Wahacos and in turn, our customers. Good luck in your future career... More

"Amazing"

Current Employee - IT Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - IT Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Wahaca full-time

Pros

Great leadership, good communication, fair wages, and lots of perks. The people are amazing and the owners make a real effort to please their employees.

Cons

Not much negative to say... I think they sometimes have trouble communicating their wishes but that is small.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work. Wahaca should be considered the leader as a business that cares for employees.

Wahaca Response

27 Oct, 2016 – People Director

Thanks for your feedback. We always aspire to motivate and engage all our Wahacos and its lovely to hear when things are going well. Communication remains a key focus for improvement and, so thanks... More

"You pay to serve customers that don't tip."

Former Employee - Waiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at Wahaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food on every shift you work. Work with a good team of people. Make some tips. Lots of hours available.

Cons

Because of the way the tipping system works at Wahaca you pay out of your own pocket to serve every table that doesn't tip you...and there is a lot despite giving good service at all times.
    The company takes a large proportion of your tips based on your sales in your section to enable them to pay chefs and bar staff minimum wage and top their wages up with your tips.
    Lots of split shifts where you hang around for 3 hours before going back to work.

Advice to Management

Stop ripping off your waiters.

"Waitress"

Former Employee - Waiter/Waitress in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Waiter/Waitress in London, England (UK)

I worked at Wahaca full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly, flexible, good rates of pay, staff parties, interesting/cool trainings, funny.
    When everything is running smoothly you can really enjoy it more than any other restaurants I have been working in London.

Cons

Most of the time is crazy busy (it depends where you work) and it is hard job for everyone to keep everything under control and everyone super happy .

"Does not treat employees fairly"

I have been working at Wahaca full-time

Pros

Flexible with requests. Good staff food to choose from. Friendly atmosphere amongst colleagues.

Cons

Managers will always do what is best for the company even if it means breaking their contract with their employees (not giving enough hours etc). Very bad system where a vast amount of tips do not reach the waiters. Yet they almost seem to demand so much of you and give so little in return.

"Waiter"

Current Employee - Waiter
    Current Employee - Waiter

I have been working at Wahaca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work at. Lovely team, managers are very flexible with requests and holidays. Shifts go by very quickly, awesome environment. Love it here.

Cons

Not much to say, so far so good. It is a good job and a good company, they really care for their staff and customers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing to attract great people (both customers and staff) in, I love to work here! Thanks

"Seems nice at first..."

I have been working at Wahaca full-time

Pros

Amazing free food, very supportive floor staff and fairly good training.

Cons

They don't give you breaks on eight hour shifts, employees are worked past the point of exhaustion and no one bats an eyelid, lots of gaps in training which you are supposed to miraculously know as soon as you start, managers sit at the bar and drink while barking orders at you. No sick pay, you have to bring your own float of £20 of change with you on every shift, if your table leaves without paying, you have to pay most of their bill...

Advice to Management

Give your employees fair breaks, don't sit and drink and eat while getting irritated at people for not working...One way to lose the respect of your employees.