Wagepoint Reviews

Updated Nov 15, 2021

Found 60 of over 60 reviews

4.7
Wagepoint CEO Shrad Rao (no image)
Shrad Rao
Pros
  • "The work from home aspect is great for family's with children(in 8 reviews)

• "Work from home, work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "As we are primarily working remotely, it would be great to get the team together in one place on an annual basis :)(in 9 reviews)

• "Because it is a remote team, sometimes it does feel a bit lonely(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

227 Comments

Tech

82.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Wagepoint~842342
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Come work with us!

Jun 17, 2021 - Payroll Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is so hard, as there are so many pros. Easy for me to say, but it's so true. It really is an awesome place to work. Being a 100% remote company, you'd think it would be hard to feel close to your coworkers but it's the opposite. I never felt more at home with a career, than I do here. We're a big happy family, with common goals and the will to never slow down or settle for "good enough". Leaders are engaging, and always make time for their employees. I could list so much more, but hopefully you're getting the idea.

Cons

I don't think I can leave this blank so I'll just write this.

2. 4.0

Not bad

Nov 15, 2021 - Onboarding Specialist in St. Catharines, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

They allow you to work without micromanaging

Cons

There have been no cons so far

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not what you'd expect for a payroll company! Amazing work & humans.

Jun 17, 2021 - Communications Specialist in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

I know what you’re thinking. This is a payroll company. Groan? If the image in your head is of stuffy boardrooms and “dry clean only” suit-y suits, that’s not at all what Wagepoint is like. Working here is actually the opposite of “formal” or “uptight” – you literally breathe a sigh of relief once you walk through the “door” and realize that you can be your normal (awkward!) self, and that you’re seen as a person first (by your coworkers as well as management). We work remotely, but we prioritize connecting as humans through Slack chats, sharing dad jokes, virtual events, etc. We know about each others’ families, cats and favourite taco toppings – not just “work”. Wagepoint’s approach to culture (and business) centers around Emotional Intelligence, so it’s no surprise that everyone on the team is super empathetic and approachable. We’re in a cool phase of being a “tween” business (no longer a baby startup; not yet a full-fledged “adult” large company) so there’s tons to do and learn. Things are always changing, so adaptability is important. This can be scary (maybe?) if you enjoy having everything in neat little “boxes” (I’m a “structure” person myself), but if you’re able to keep an open mind and see opportunities in new experiences, I feel like this is the kind of company where there are no limits on what you can do.

Cons

Because it's so non-traditional for a work environment, it might take a minute for new employees to get used to it (especially if they're used to working for corporate/super structured companies). You might wonder, "Is it really okay to send my manager a meme to get my point across or drop an F bomb during a meeting?" Yes. Yes it is.

4. 5.0

Happy Employee!

Jun 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Saint John, NB
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am so happy to be an employee at Wagepoint!! They truly care about the people - the employees and their customers. They believe in being empathetic and kind and having fun. Compensation and working from home are a bonus.

Cons

We can't meet our co-workers as we all work remotely.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee

Funding has changed the company

Jun 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

i am working with some wonderful people at Wagepoint

Cons

Managers and executives will claim that they pay according to industry standards, but they don't. When it comes to compensation discussions, it's like pulling teeth. There has been a significant shift in culture, but it is not for the better. The business is acting more like ADP (that gets vilified internally). The CEO talks about 'empathy,' but he doesn't really practice what he preaches - it is all about the $$$. It's concerning given the number of people that have just left the organisation which has been conveniently been spun as 'bad apples' leaving (which most of the company knows is BS)

Wagepoint Response

CEO

Dear Wagepointer, I am sorry to hear you are frustrated. It’s pretty normal for companies to go through some turnover during an inflection point - like an investment, where process and scale become a priority and some folks just don’t feel like it fits their skills anymore. We know that Wagepointers have been impacted by this period of change and we have worked to address and acknowledge this change. Our most recent Townhall was aimed specifically at this topic and was intentionally broken into smaller, close-knit groups to allow time for people to discuss any worries they may have been experiencing. We remain incredibly grateful to all the talented people who have gotten us to this point in our company’s journey. To be clear, we see all Wagepoint alumni as ‘good’ apples that have played a part in helping us to build the company to where it is now. I am not sure what you are specifically experiencing in regards to a perceived shift in culture but rest assured, our employee experience is still a top priority for us. It’s why we hired an Employee Experience Specialist who focuses on helping us build EQ so we can all work better together. We will not get it right 100% of the time, but we are sure going to keep trying. I hope your experience will turn around and if you could get comfortable enough to reach out directly, I will show up for you. Thank you for your feedback. Thanks, Shrad

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wagepoint has got it right!

Apr 7, 2021 - Partner Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, after working at Wagepoint, it almost feels like everything I was doing all these years was wrong. I look forward to coming to work each day. The team, all the way from the CEO, to my immediate leader and the most recent hire is beautifully in sync in terms of values and culture. There are probably 1000 pros of working here (not kidding) but below are a few: -Brilliant work culture -Opportunity to learn -Super-Helpful Team -Strong & Impactful Product -Genuine concern for clients and their success -Respect amongst colleagues

Cons

Really cannot think of any and this is my truth :)

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Mar 9, 2021 - User Experience Designer in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wagepoint has been amazing since day one! It has an incredibly remote culture that makes you feel like you're actually in an office with some pretty crazy awesome people! People are so kind and geniue. Everyone is looking out for the better of the company, so everyone is always looking to help when you have any questions.

Cons

Nothing at all... Maybe not being able to see my amazing co-workers because we are fully remote. Although I'm sure once COVID-19 is hopefully under control we can start to.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company with a great culture

Feb 26, 2021 - Director, Finance in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, growing company, lots of opportunity. Remote work environment provides flexibility and work-life balance.

Cons

It's a growth company and there are challenges to tackle as new people are brought on and processes need to be developed. The team is focused on creating a positive work environment and continuously improving the experience for employees and clients.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Just an amazing place to work.

Feb 5, 2021 - User Experience Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Fabulous remote culture • Everyone is incredibly kind and respectful • Learning opportunities everywhere you look, we have a new mentorship program! • The leaders are people are actually look up to and fully respect. • Payroll can be fun!

Cons

I love it here and would recommend Wagepoint to anyone I know!

10. 4.0

Excellent Company- Everything is perfect... except vacation time

Feb 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wow! I love working for Wagepoint. It’s an excellent company that makes you feel comfortable. Everyone works together as a team, and the leaders at Wagepoint are transparent, friendly and overall good people.

Cons

Two weeks vacation only for everyone. This is the only thing that is missing. Two weeks vacation in such a progressive company that genuinely cares for their employees is embarrassing and simply does not match the company culture and intention. Especially with Wagepoint growing at such a fast pace, everyone works extremely hard and two weeks in 2021 is just not enough to be competitive with other companies and keep employees satisfied. 10 days vacation only out of the entire year? Yikes!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Reviews