Visier Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

3.3
Visier CEO Ryan Wong
Ryan Wong
Pros
  • "It means you get to work with lots of great people, learn from them as well as teach them(in 9 reviews)

• "Incredible culture, great products, team atmosphere, on a path to great success(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Visier is definitely not an ideal job for you if you work only for paycheck or if the work life balance really matters to you(in 8 reviews)

• "most employees are young so they are encouraged to work long hours (60-80 regularly)(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Fantastic Product, Team, and Opportunities!

Jan 28, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

After reading some of the critical Glassdoor reviews before joining, I was a little apprehensive. But I can honestly say that I have been super pleasantly surprised by the intentionality Visier brings to supporting its employees. I am so impressed by the culture, people, and support I've received throughout my new employee experience. Digging into support a little, the onboarding process was so thoughtful with a ton of great documentation and content and the advocacy and personal support from leadership has been unprecedented. It really seems like there are fantastic opportunities to add value in different roles (internal movement is really supported) and it doesn't hurt that US benefits and WFH support (financial and otherwise) has been awesome. Small things go a long way and Visier really puts in the effort to create a positive employee experience. It was also really important for me to work on a great product that does positive work for the world, and Visier is exactly that! I am proud to be a Vizzie :)

Cons

I would love a 401K match . But other than that, no complaints.

Chief People Officer

Thanks for the recognising our pre boarding / onboarding process. We are really working hard to ensure that employees feel valued, safe and well which starts before the first day and continues through your career journey with us. We are working on our total rewards package to ensure we provide employees with a great place to work, strong career development and a competitive and rewarding package. One of our values is 'Never Stop Learning' and we will continue to review our employee experience to ensure Visier remains a great place to build and drive your career.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

High impact + valuable work

May 10, 2021 - Internal Services in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Ability to work on meaningful projects from start to finish - Lots of autonomy - Work closely with leaders who want to know your perspectives, opinions, etc. on strategic initiatives - Everyone I've encountered is friendly and willing to help each other out

Cons

- Things move and change quickly at Visier, you need to be adaptable and okay with the unknown

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing product, great company, huge opportunities

Mar 16, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Visier has a first-rate product that I can win customers with consistently. I've worked at many companies with fine products, but Visier is on an entirely different level. It's frankly a joy to show it to people - its value is obvious and compelling. Beyond that Visier is a company that can effect genuinely positive change. I'm proud of what we've done here, especially in helping our customers and partners manage workforces through COVID-19 and in our ongoing work to show the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The company has clear values that leaders live and breath. In my own experience they are central to how we make decisions. That's really crucial to me.

Cons

There's definitely an emphasis on driving efficiency and teams can be slow to add resources. I think that's mostly a feature of the extreme growth being experienced though. This can manifest in long hours, but on the plus side I think there's huge opportunity for growth and for new hires to stake out an area where they can have a big impact.

Chief People Officer

To know our product helps create a more inclusive, diverse and equitable work place is definitely something that we love and are very proud of! You're right, growth is challenging but it is definitely a challenge we love to have. We're on a pretty incredible learning journey and we'll keep working hard to adapt, develop and grow!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work and grow your career!

May 3, 2021 - Director, Customer Success Operations in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent and communicative leadership team, fast-growing which can facilitate career growth for those who are eager, impactful (and beautiful) software, raving customers and awesome benefits with flex hours.

Cons

Lots of change to help support growth and success. Not everyone can adapt to this.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Visier Review

May 4, 2021 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have a positive mindset and a great team to work with

Cons

They work long hours and can sometimes pack on too much of a workload

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Kinda slimy, and full of tone deaf executives.

Apr 21, 2021 - Customer Success in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

They're growing, and the company will likely do well if it ever makes it to IPO or sale. Despite Visier's size, we're lacking in so much process that a new face with enough determination might be able to implement system changes that become their own.

Cons

- Incredibly flat structure; upward movement in the company seems nearly impossible for some departments. In times where managerial roles were created, they were handed to friends of the managers (almost every story/ introduction begins with 'Oh, I worked with X back at SAP....'). - A year ago during the early days of COVID, the company announced that nobody should be worried and that we weren't considering layoffs. A month later, they laid off 40 people. In the town hall after, executives cried their crocodile tears about how hard this had been on them. When asked why they opted for a hard layoff instead of any of the softer options, they said this was the only one worth considering and they'd do it again if they had to. In other words: they'll maintain that nothing is wrong, then lay you off with no notice. Of greater concern is that some departments did their lay offs without even speaking with managers. They just deleted rows of employees without any consideration for how they worked, or their performance. - It feels like the company is mired in process/ red tape. The Customer success team is told to update a particular tool that nobody uses. Whenever we bring up that some of our processes seem bad (since the tool we're asked to update is ignored and we're just asked directly for the latest news on a client), we're told that there's no room for negotiation. - And despite the above, we're also too small to make process changes properly. It is not an overstatement to say that process changes every single month, and it's utterly exhausting. - There is no transparency when it comes to promotions. When asked about the process to becoming the next version of my role, management relayed that it would be considered in July 2022. No changes in behavior, or what responsibilities could be picked up; just stick around till then and MAYBE a promotion will happen. - Compensation is also opaque. There are two compensation events a year, a bonus in Feb, and a raise in July. Feb bonuses are based on company performance, which we are told has no connection to what we do. So regardless if I perform exceptionally, or if I just slacked off; the bonus is set with no negotiation. Raises are only done in July (a draconian rule that's pushed for some arbitrary reason that's never explained) and are 100% based on market rate. Again; your performance does not matter and there is no negotiation. You're simply told the market now thinks you're worth $X, and thats how much you're getting with coy hints to not spread information of your pay to anyone else. - Senior management is incredibly tone-deaf. One executive declared we never pay above 'market rate' because we only want to hire/ retain people who are dedicated to the mission of working here (an analytics company that peddles it's services to some really slimy clients). Another exec suggested that the reason he buys televisions is that he's a cutting-edge innovator, while the rest of us peasants just buy things when they break (because poverty is a character trait?). That same exec still insists that there are sexist jokes he can't tell because HR has cautioned him; then proceeds to tell them with a wink.

15 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Every employee experience within a company is unique. We make employee feedback a priority at Visier (including regular confidential surveys so people feel comfortable voicing their concerns). Feedback counts at Visier. Feedback shapes our D&I programs, our Visier Values, Career Development programs and much more. We share feedback from those surveys publicly within our company. We are grateful for feedback in whatever venue, including public ones. We do, however, encourage direct dialog when employees have specific concerns. Our customers, partners, employees and potential future employees are all encouraged to learn more about Visier’s purpose and our culture. Here is just one of Visier’s Values: We are proud. We share pride in decisions we make, and the difference we make in the world.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Probably one of the fastest growing company

Apr 26, 2021 - Data Management Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots of opportunities - Flexible

Cons

- Meh salary - Culture is too flexible sometimes you will find colleagues not working much

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a good place to work

May 12, 2021 - Business Intelligence Consultant in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

good pay and benefits. Company location is a good place to socialize

Cons

Toxic work culture with long working hours. Upper management is very Rude and arrogant No career development Process are not very well structured.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Strong corporate values, lots of room for growth

Dec 16, 2020 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company genuinely seems to care about its employees. When Covid hit, the company put employee health first, and continues to do so with allowances for all employees to remain set up working from home and mental health support. The management team regularly communicates goals and objectives and most teams are aligned with the vision for growth. There is always a lot of opportunity for someone to take on responsibilities beyond their job roles, and your own career growth is only defined by what you put into the company.

Cons

There has been difficulty with some teams communicating/working with one another. There also seems to be a challenge with hiring priorities and critical roles remain open for far too long.

2 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thanks for the compliments! We are proud of how our employees have responded to the challenges of our customers and fellow employees during the pandemic. Our support for the mental health and well-being of employees continues to be a priority. While we can't wait to see each other - we know it's important to stay healthy, safe and (importantly) sane.

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 24, 2021 - Operations Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Learned a ton at this company - Great people - Good salary

Cons

I don't have any cons

Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to contribute, we appreciate it!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Reviews