Visier Reviews

Found 130 of over 161 reviews

3.7
Visier CEO Ryan Wong
Ryan Wong
Pros
  • "It means you get to work with lots of great people, learn from them as well as teach them(in 9 reviews)

• "Incredible culture, great products, team atmosphere, on a path to great success(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Visier is definitely not an ideal job for you if you work only for paycheck or if the work life balance really matters to you(in 8 reviews)

• "most employees are young so they are encouraged to work long hours (60-80 regularly)(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Fantastic Product, Team, and Opportunities!

Jan 28, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

After reading some of the critical Glassdoor reviews before joining, I was a little apprehensive. But I can honestly say that I have been super pleasantly surprised by the intentionality Visier brings to supporting its employees. I am so impressed by the culture, people, and support I've received throughout my new employee experience. Digging into support a little, the onboarding process was so thoughtful with a ton of great documentation and content and the advocacy and personal support from leadership has been unprecedented. It really seems like there are fantastic opportunities to add value in different roles (internal movement is really supported) and it doesn't hurt that US benefits and WFH support (financial and otherwise) has been awesome. Small things go a long way and Visier really puts in the effort to create a positive employee experience. It was also really important for me to work on a great product that does positive work for the world, and Visier is exactly that! I am proud to be a Vizzie :)

Cons

I would love a 401K match . But other than that, no complaints.

3 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thanks for the recognising our pre boarding / onboarding process. We are really working hard to ensure that employees feel valued, safe and well which starts before the first day and continues through your career journey with us. We are working on our total rewards package to ensure we provide employees with a great place to work, strong career development and a competitive and rewarding package. One of our values is 'Never Stop Learning' and we will continue to review our employee experience to ensure Visier remains a great place to build and drive your career.

2. 5.0

Good company to start

Aug 5, 2021 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn a lot when work here Good career starting point

Cons

pay is second tier among Vancouver tech companies

Chief People Officer

Thanks for the positive feedback!

3. 4.0

Good place to grow

Jul 9, 2021 - QA Analyst in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learned a lot as a junior

Cons

If you care about work life balance stay away

Chief People Officer

Thanks for the review and we are glad that you are able to grow here. We definately run at a fast pace here, but also value time with friends and family. We encourage everyone to find that right mix and are happy to help when anyone is struggling.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A SaaS Company Beyond Expectations

Jul 3, 2021 - Senior Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Joining the company I thought it was just about analytics with HR focus but after more than half a year, I'm excited for the future with some highlights: - Collaborative culture that supports growth of employees - Company lives the best practices in HR that are shared to customers - Amazing best in class solutions validated by amazing customers - The opportunity is ripe and the marketplace needs Visier solutions that will make a difference for people more than ever before

Cons

Company has been quiet and strong, doing the right things, but it needs to be louder in the market with a stronger brand to grow faster. Although the SunLife benefits package is amazing for employees with no deductibles for medical and dental, it would be great to have a higher health savings account to cover eyecare better (esp eyeglasses and contacts) for the families. There is no RRSP contribution or matching currently.

1 person found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thanks for the kind words. Everyone at Visier is excited about the growth. We know we are making a difference in the world through our amazing software, and are proud of the employees who create and deliver it. After 18 months of working from home, we are excited to get back together - how we go back to the office will certainly reflect a world where expectations have changed.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unfortunately, a disappointing experience

Jun 22, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Some intelligent and hard working individual contributors - Pay is decent if you previously worked at SAP - There is a healthy energy outside of RnD

Cons

Overall, I feel like Visier pulled a bait-and-switch. I was promised a fast-paced startup culture, autonomy to build impactful things, collaborative teams... what I experienced was slow enterprise culture, poor top-down decision making, and declining growth. Clear strategy is lacking: This leads to every team optimizing for what is best for themselves, and not the organization. Teams are headed in completely different directions, which results in a lot of finger pointing and blaming. The executives have become slaves to revenue and have completely forgotten that software is there to drive customer value. RnD is broken: Trust does not exist between the Engineering, Design and Product teams and communication is broken between them. Teams are not autonomous and often are forced to build things which deliver no value because the CDO has demanded it. The culture is command & control - execs make all the decisions and inform individual contributors. Those who do not agree, or bring opposing suggestions, are immediately flagged as insubordinate, asked to stay in their lane, and told to just execute. Features get prioritized based on customers threatening to leave, not a product vision, which leads to a disjointed product. No one is held accountable for this. People are afraid to speak up: People learn this behaviour quickly at Visier. If you speak with them 1:1, they’ll happily discuss the issues they face and their frustrations. However, on Slack and in public, employees and managers feel pressured to promote positivity. It’s taboo to talk about challenges, so they never get dealt with. Diversity & inclusion: Not great for a company that sells this as a product. Other reviews have stated this - like minded execs come together and pat each other on the back. Sure, there's age diversity because they hire so many co-ops, but they aren't included in decisions. Women representation in RnD and leadership is abysmal (many have left). People managers need training & coaching: ICs get promoted to people management roles because of tenure, not because of a real desire to manage people. Visier will tell you they have a player-coach mentality, but that's an excuse for managers not investing the appropriate time into coaching their teams and helping them grow. A people manager's primary output is the quality of their team. Most days, the managers just blame their teams. Too many VPs & Directors: The company says they believe in building talent from the ground up, but consistently hire friends and past colleagues into very senior roles. This limits the ability for anyone to really grow in their career. The company is small and doesn't need all those senior roles; this results in senior people doing IC work and taking away decision making opportunities for their team members.

17 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thanks for calling out your experience in our engineering group and thanks for the feedback. Visier is proud of our amazing and innovative engineering, high standards, high quality and a track record of shipping products that lead our market. People grow in our R and D group - and it's not just by coding alone. We expose our teams to the hard tradeoffs and commercial realities of building products that are both innovative and commercially successful. This can be frustrating at times, but it builds engineering leaders who can balance their personal passion projects with the overall company mission. All engineers experience this in their career - we are proud that our teams learn these choices early in their career at Visier.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great team, out of date compensation.

Jun 29, 2021 - CS Team Member in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, flexible hours, fun working environment.

Cons

We're very opaque with our compensation. I recently found out that I am currently paid less than someone we hired about a year ago for the same role (and I've been told that I exceed expectations, and I've been doing this for four years). I probably should've pushed harder for compensation, but for a company that kept telling me that they were making market rate adjustments, this feels like a slap in the face.

4 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

It's great to hear that you love the team, flexibility and environment. While we can't speak to the specifics of your individual compensation issue in a public forum, we do encourage direct and active conversations about total rewards. We emphasize career and pay progression at Visier and support everyone in creating a Career Development Plan.

7. 5.0

Great Culture/Future Looking Organization

May 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent onboarding resources Good benefits Fast Paced Lots of Opportunity for those who speak up

Cons

no cons to report at this time

Chief People Officer

Thanks for sharing! We value our employees feedback and want to create multiple opportunities for people to share their insight and recognize that not everyone feels comfortable sharing in the same way. Through our quarterly anonymous engagement surveys, all - company updates, Diversity Advisory Council and other employee groups we seek to gather as much information as possible so we can continue our own learning journey.

8. 5.0

High impact + valuable work

May 10, 2021 - Internal Services in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Ability to work on meaningful projects from start to finish - Lots of autonomy - Work closely with leaders who want to know your perspectives, opinions, etc. on strategic initiatives - Everyone I've encountered is friendly and willing to help each other out

Cons

- Things move and change quickly at Visier, you need to be adaptable and okay with the unknown

1 person found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Great culture is created when people feel connected to their work and that work is impactful. We have to keep focused on learning and iterating so we can continue to provide meaningful careers to our employees and incredible software for our customers!

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Your mileage may vary

May 17, 2021 - Product Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fairly stable business, lots to learn

Cons

“Fairly stable business”, although it sounds reassuring, is a pretty serious concern for a late-stage startup that’s been around for 11 years. The company experienced a lot of brain drain in the recent years with plenty of senior development, product management, and design staff leaving for various reasons, and as of now things seem to be stagnant on the innovation front. There might be some exciting work to do in sales, business development, partnerships, etc., but probably not around building the core product.

7 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At Visier we set the bar high to engineer innovative data-analytic solutions that empower organizations to be their best. To us, we are all leaders, committed to nurturing growth and results. As a collaborative community, this is no small feat and presents many opportunities for employees to expand their learning, leadership, and career.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Visier Review

May 4, 2021 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have a positive mindset and a great team to work with

Cons

They work long hours and can sometimes pack on too much of a workload

3 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for sharing feedback. Visier is a community where people come together to innovate and elevate the landscape of data-analytics. To empower our people to be their best, we ensure employees feel their best. We offer progressive benefits to take care of our community, including: - Flexible work arrangements - Exceptional health benefits - Generous vacation package - Paid time-off to volunteer (Visier Gives Days) We are also excited to regularly offer a diverse range of health-focused workshops and workplace community giving events.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 130 Reviews