Visier Reviews

Updated Dec 16, 2020

3.5
Visier CEO Ryan Wong
Ryan Wong
Pros
  • "It means you get to work with lots of great people, learn from them as well as teach them(in 9 reviews)

• "Incredible culture, great products, team atmosphere, on a path to great success(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Visier is definitely not an ideal job for you if you work only for paycheck or if the work life balance really matters to you(in 8 reviews)

• "most employees are young so they are encouraged to work long hours (60-80 regularly)(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. COVID-19

"Strong corporate values, lots of room for growth"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Visier full-time

Pros

The company genuinely seems to care about its employees. When Covid hit, the company put employee health first, and continues to do so with allowances for all employees to remain set up working from home and mental health support. The management team regularly communicates goals and objectives and most teams are aligned with the vision for growth. There is always a lot of opportunity for someone to take on responsibilities beyond their job roles, and your own career growth is only defined by what you put into the company.

Cons

There has been difficulty with some teams communicating/working with one another. There also seems to be a challenge with hiring priorities and critical roles remain open for far too long.

Visier Response

January 5, 2021Chief People Officer

Thanks for the compliments! We are proud of how our employees have responded to the challenges of our customers and fellow employees during the pandemic. Our support for the mental health and well-being of employees continues to be a priority. While we can't wait to see each other - we know it's important to stay healthy, safe and (importantly) sane.

2. COVID-19

"A journey of possibilities"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Visier full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Extremely open, approachable & transparent leadership team. -Career development potential ( huge on internal movements & promotions) -Best benefits package I have ever had. -Flex working locations to suit individual needs & circumstances esp. with Covid -Wonderful product that can really make a difference - Great coworkers - Great in office perks (Tea's , coffees, gym in building etc. ) - Truly care about employees well being, have supported with transition to WFH with equipment & expenses. - If you enjoy rolling up your sleeves to get the job done, you will do well at Visier!

Cons

Change is frequent, but when you thrive in change this isn't a negative !

Visier Response

January 5, 2021Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Oh.. how we all miss being in the office for those perks. We hope to see you back there soon!

"I'm not sure what to put here."

Current Employee - Customer Education Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Visier full-time

Pros

Fun culture, cool technology, interesting market strategy.

Cons

Management is condescending and often extremely unhelpful, claims to be in support of diversity but doesn't seem to promote women.

"A lot of details"

Former Employee - Business Intelligence Consultant in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Visier full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sometimes you get to feel like you're helping people, since you deal directly with customers in this role.

Cons

There's a LOT of small tasks with associated timelines to keep on top of. A ton of work associated with fiddling around the Visier's software and the fairly messy data going into it, troubleshooting, etc. So in this role I'd say it's important for you to be able to stay organised and motivated when it comes to managing and executing a lot of tedious tasks.

"Disappointing leadership"

2.0
    Customer Success

I worked at Visier

Pros

Good hr product. Smart coworkers.

Cons

Ancient military leadership style. Leadership could be summarized as a cliquey echo chamber. A bunch of know it alls who haven't closed a deal in what seems like years but still insist that they know everything and penalize any employee who criticises their decision making.

"Enterprise Support"

4.0
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Visier full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team to work with.

Cons

Poor documentation to troubleshoot issues.

7. "Good company with competitive product"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer Co-Op in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Visier full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company with a competitive product

Cons

Software codebase is a bit hard to maintain

"Solid place to start your career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Visier full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a good place to get experience if you are a recent grad with less than 2 years experience. You'll meet other young and ambitious coworkers with similar aspirations. The tech company perks such as casual clothing, free snacks, beer, ping pong, and catered monthly meetups make for a good environment. Several people will branch out into other interested places for work so its a good place to start your networking

Cons

Young leading the young environment. New initiatives get started, scrapped, and replace on the regular. After a while it makes you wonder what's the point.

"Needs leadership help"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Visier full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is sufficient, benefits are alright. Central location with a gym in the building. Lots of restaurants nearby. Snacks and drinks. Beer fridays on site!

Cons

Leaders are still operating with ancient management skills from the 90s. I felt like a toxic old boy's club environment - just take a look at senior leadership! I was enthusiastic to leave after less than a year.

"It's a job..."

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Visier full-time

Pros

Senior management always gets their bonus

Cons

Very cliquish and high-school-like - performance is based on popularity and not on merit. Most employees are disposable and multiple large layoffs to adjust for sales not closing deals. Struggle to land new clients leads to constant change in strategy - stressful to staff and creates an obvious lack of synergy and connection between management and employees. Age discrimination abounds with seasoned professionals often passed over for promotions in favor of cheaper / inexperienced employees that will do as told.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 English Reviews