86% would recommend to a friend
(9112 total reviews)
91% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Unilever
2 years ago
Need some opinions here. Went through internal interview process at Unilever today for a supply planning role. Got 2 offers, one for a relatively easy role that doesn't scare me but sounds boring and will be a normal 40hr workload. Second is in one of our prominent brands that would have great future potential but I expect 50-60hr weeks. Comp offer is the same for both $96k base and 10% bonus. Is this a good offer in today's market? Should I ask for more if I take the hard job?
Got a burning question about Unilever? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Unilever employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people you work with are great and are the only thing keeping this place together." (in 643 reviews)
- "great culture and most of the colleagues are very knowledgable" (in 528 reviews)
- "benefits are good and high nice" (in 490 reviews)
- "Good work life balance if you reach a certain level" (in 473 reviews)
- "Most of the time the work was not exceptionally hard and the pay is good for the area." (in 227 reviews)
- "Low salaries compared to market i.e external NAM paid more than Unilever account controller." (in 391 reviews)
- "Bad management due to lack of growth for the lower work levels." (in 166 reviews)
- "Slow career progression in Sales/Customer Development Department" (in 135 reviews)
- "late working hours even on weekdays" (in 132 reviews)
- "bad managers can ruin the job for you" (in 119 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Unilever and is not affected by filters.
Found 9,112 of over 16K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Nov 24, 2023Senior Assistant Customer & Channel Development ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
Great team. Smart and driven people to work with. Supportive team, managers take into consideration feedback from their team and try to simplify the way of working and have a manageable work life balance
Constantly changing priorities. Work life balance can get very challenging at times. Performance based culture which can be tough in times of crisis.
- 4.0Nov 27, 2023Business Development ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsToronto, ON
Lots of brands and knowledgeable people to learn from. Vast growth potential
Competitive and demanding work environment, but also a pro
- 3.0Jul 12, 2023Human ResourcesFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Great benefits. Great scope to learn from each other
Bad mid level management. They exploit their power.
- 5.0Mar 4, 2023Light LaborCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSimcoe, ON
easiest job you will ever have for the wage, especially for a factory job. on site company store offers discounted products, on site uniforms so you dont have to take them home and wash them yourself, paid vacation, lots of overtime, shift preference based off employe seniority
alot of people dont realize how easy they have it so you do work with ALOT of lazy people, youd be shocked at what some people complain about. some supervisors dont leave their problems at the door so their mood will reflect on how they treat you, certain shifts have a very "high school drama" vibe but honestly its entertaining
Unilever Reviews FAQs
Unilever has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 15,922 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Unilever to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
86% of Unilever employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Unilever 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.