THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 43 reviews

4.3
THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization CEO Chris Edwards
Chris Edwards
Pros
  • "There are a number of pros you experience working at TTF(in 12 reviews)

• "Excellent work life balance , good amount of company activities(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "When getting weekly updates of commitments from casting, can be frustrating(in 5 reviews)

• "Don't really have a pipeline which doesn't help the efficiency(in 4 reviews)

"Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Previs Artist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization

Pros

Great Team. Amazing supervisor, very cool and no Ego. Crazy projects. As a previz artist, you move close with the director and his vision. Great facilities.

Cons

Most of the job run on contracts, but that's how the industry is! Can't help it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! May be open a dedicated studio in Vancouver.

THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization2017-06-20

July 3, 2017VP of Human Resources

Thanks so much for your great review! We're planning to keep doing what we're doing and then some as we're always looking to become a better place to work. Stay tuned for possible new offices in addition to LA and London... Thanks again for your feedback. Keep it coming!

"If you're a professional AVOID THIS COMPANY"

Current Employee - Senior Artist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay... and that is about it!

Cons

Completely unprofessional company that runs more like a family business that an international company. Everything about working at this company was totally regrettable. I wish I had never accepted their offer. If you value your career path, DO NOT ACCEPT AN OFFER FROM THIS COMPANY.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people who work here. Rather than just to your bottom line. Get new chairs for christ's sake. And proper desks rather than folding tables would be appreciated.

THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization2017-08-30

November 8, 2017VP of Human Resources

Wow! We’re always looking for feedback from our past and current employees but this review is shocking. We’re a bit concerned that this review alleges to be from a current employee in Vancouver. We’re not sure how this is possible when we aren’t currently working in Vancouver (even ...

3. "Artists and Supes big plus but management not so much"

I worked at THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization full-time

Pros

There are a number of pros you experience working at TTF. I’d say the artists and Supes are the #1 reason to join and stay. They offer perks, snacks, holidays, sick pay, and other benefits you won’t get at other studios. New leadership is great. Positive and visible to the artists. They seem to care about our wellbeing. I’ve seen the new HR leader three times in 4 months. That’s more than I’ve seen anyone else...

Cons

I’m not sure the clients would appreciate paying for all the time the C-level execs spend on China. I’m not sure what the CFO does or even who he is - though finance seems to run the place. Chris is lovely and kind. I’d like him to engage more in the core business. Better communication. Not sure what these stock grants are - Monopoly money? Our clients pay money for the content created by our artists so it’s important...

Advice to Management

Can you please listen to the execs who have left? Or listen to the new leaders. Their concerns are valid and they know more than you think. Thank you.

THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization2019-02-10
    • "Fun, kind, and talented group of creatives"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Landed my dream job! The people at TTF are a pleasure to work with. The company focuses on a culture that is not corporate. While various rules are needed to help the company stay on the right path, the leaders make sure they do not interfere with the culture they built years ago. I am thankful to each of them for offering this amazing experience. My goal is to help the company continue to thrive.

Cons

As the company continues to grow there are normal growing pains. The founders are artists so it is important they continue to lean into business functions such as finance, operations, IT and HR. The experts in each of the admin groups will help the company grow at the right speed and scale.

Advice to Management

remain engaged even as you determine your next path

THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization2018-09-24
      • "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Previs Artist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Fun, respectful culture. Reasonable hours. Chances to work on amazing movies.

Cons

Sometimes business is slow and people move on.

THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization2018-09-19
        • "Community is great. Management not so much."

I worked at THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The people are what keep you going to work every day. TTF creates an environment that allows it's employees to bond and become family.

Cons

Management is less than perfect. After all, it is a company run by artists, not businessmen.

THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization2018-09-12

September 24, 2018Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the people and the culture of the company. In terms of your comments on management, the company is not led only by the founders who started the company. There are many managers across multiple departments and disciplines ...

• "Fast Paced, Creative, Varied"

Pros

Opportunities to provide actual creative input into feature film projects. Regular changes of environment, opportunities to work on set at film locations.

Cons

Switching locations can be quite demanding, you may be expected to travel and/or stay abroad for extended periods. There is little requirement to finish assets or animation to a very high level unlike vfx where you are expected to refine something for many months, this may or may not be a con ;)

Advice to Management

Consider the future of visualization more, clients are often more interested in technical problem solving, not additional wannabe film directors

THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization2018-07-04

September 24, 2018Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here! We hope that you are enjoying the experience of being able to work on the film-sets. It's incredible to experience how your work and our artists work, become real-life on the film set. We appreciate that travel can take more ...

• "Decent Place, Nice Folks"

Former Employee - IT Infrastructure Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

* Pretty flexible on schedule. * Encourages career development. * Awesome artists

Cons

* PTO policy is anemic, and confusing. * Business practices at the top-level need serious optimization. * Management can be reactionary / ad-hoc at times.

Advice to Management

* Take the Monday & Friday meal monies, and put that towards getting better tooling for the necessary departments. * The different teams doing support & development roles: it might be better to group them together; than have each doing their own of both. Worth a shot?

THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization2018-06-14
        • "Blockbuster Projects, Boutique 'Family' Feel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

A very artist-friendly company to work for, that rarely asks for more than a nine hour day and a five day week. Genuinely friendly people across all levels and lots of opportunities for training and mentoring on the job from leads and supervisors. Work on major projects right out of the gate.

Cons

While everyone is very nice and sympathetic about it, the contracts are very short, even if your project is long. Reassignments may not be communicated until the last possible minute.

THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization2018-02-27

March 5, 2018VP of Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback here! We pride ourselves on being an artist-friendly company, our devotion to work/life balance, and creating awesome opportunities for our family of employees to learn and grow. As with most previs studios, the length and ...

• "More Pros than Cons"

Former Employee - Previs Artist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great people, great working environment, fun shows to work on, good time management, hardly any pressure of crunch time.

Cons

Salary is a little lower than industry standard, and show contracts can be very short.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

THE THIRD FLOOR Visualization2018-02-10

March 5, 2018VP of Human Resources

Thanks so much for your review! We're happy to see that you've noted our great people, projects and work/life balance in your review. We hope that you'll join the team again in the future. Thanks again for your feedback and 4 star review!

Found 43 reviews