Syntax Reviews

Found 68 of over 94 reviews

3.9
Syntax CEO Christian Primeau
Christian Primeau
Pros
  • "Great people, Great benefits, Room to grow(in 5 reviews)

• "Great company to aquire SAP expertise(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "culture and work(in 2 reviews)

• "ever seen(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company

May 31, 2021 - Manager in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Work Life Balance needs some

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

This company is going nowhere

Jan 30, 2021 - High Management in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Procrastinating is encouraged as well as diminishing your colleagues

Cons

CFO of Americas is a clown This company is about to hit the wall No respect for the employees

Syntax Response

Global Director, HR

Syntax appreciates you sharing your experience. We are always striving to improve, so we genuinely appreciate your feedback. If you would like to share more about your experiences, please contact me by emailing ken.lastowski@syntax.com so that we can set up a time to talk.

3. 5.0

Great Place to grow

Nov 9, 2020 - Project Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Syntax is a Great company to work

Cons

Not encountered anything so far

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A very bad company getting worst

Mar 25, 2019 - Administrative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Iiiiish. Very very hard to think of any.

Cons

I left a few months ago and things are getting worst every day. In the last 2 years at least 4 V-P’s have left (obviously the best ones have left and have been replaced by terrible one because the majority shareholder Novacap is looking for « yes men » managers) You WILL be overworked You WILL be grossly underpaid Novacap plan is very clear (and even communcated to everyone): they are there for the short term, not to build something sustainable. As a result employees become Novacap’s slave. When they cannot take it anymore leave and are replaced by new slave to keep things as lean as possible. If you want to make Novacap rich at the expense of your own health and sanity: this is the place to be. Oh! And the worst culture and work ambiance I have ever seen.

9 people found this review helpful

Syntax Response

Director, Human Resources

First, I would like to apologize for my tardy reply. I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry that your experience at Syntax did not match our intention of being a positive working environment. We have been successfully operating our business for over 40 years and our partnership with Novacap has allowed us to further expand our wings in the technology echo system. Novacap has been a fantastic partner to Syntax, they have helped us grow via three acquisitions and they continue to support our initiatives. We are taking your feedback seriously and will address internally with our management team. If you would like to share more about your experiences please contact me by emailing nbenoit@syntax.com so that we can set up a time to talk. Thank you again for the feedback. It helps us make Syntax a better place and best of luck in your future endeavors.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great working place

Mar 21, 2018 - Senior Technical Consultant in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn new skills Lots of great people to work with. Balance between work and life

Cons

Nothing to report for Con

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Best Internship ever!

May 13, 2017 - Human Resources Intern in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I did my internship of 3 months and a half in recruitment and human resources at Syntax. Work colleagues, managers and above all the human resources team make Syntax the best place to work. I would qualify this work experience, the best so far. The people over there are open minded, friendly. Good energy! Awesome people! Good vibes!

Cons

More parking spot, would be great!

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Senior Programmer Analyst

Apr 12, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Syntax is a great place to work and advance your career!! Being given the opportunity to work on a number of unique projects with number of clients in different industries has allowed me to gain knowledge, I know I never would have working anywhere else. Senior management recognize hard work and offer generous compensation/bonus and career advancement. Work life balanced is very good and very flexible! Senior managers do not micro manage, as long as work gets done and clients are happy!!

Cons

Employee health benefits could be much better! No RRSP contribution match!

8. 5.0

Employee Review

Apr 11, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a family dynamic in the best way - freedom to speak your mind, get honest feedback, and share in plenty of laughs.

Cons

Eating at La Prep everyday.

9. 5.0

Dynamic

Apr 11, 2017 -  in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Joined a few months ago and love the energy. Management team is dynamic and co workers are very nice. many opportunities to learn and they value employee's contributions.

Cons

sometime parking can be an issue

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Resource Manager

Apr 6, 2017 - Resource Manager in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for! Dynamic environment, opportunity for professional growth and personal initiative is welcome.

Cons

No cons to report at this time

Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Reviews