Syntax Reviews

Christian Primeau
  1. "Great working place"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Syntax full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn new skills Lots of great people to work with. Balance between work and life

Cons

Nothing to report for Con

"A very bad company getting worst"

1.0
    Former Employee - Administrative in Montreal, QC

I worked at Syntax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Iiiiish. Very very hard to think of any.

Cons

I left a few months ago and things are getting worst every day. In the last 2 years at least 4 V-P’s have left (obviously the best ones have left and have been replaced by terrible one because the majority shareholder Novacap is looking for « yes men » managers) You WILL be overworked You WILL be grossly underpaid Novacap plan is very clear (and even communcated to everyone): they are there for the short term, not to build something sustainable. As a result employees become Novacap’s slave. When they cannot take it anymore leave and are replaced by new slave to keep things as lean as possible. If you want to make Novacap rich at the expense of your own health and sanity: this is the place to be. Oh! And the worst culture and work ambiance I have ever seen.

Syntax Response

May 15, 2019Director, Human Resources

First, I would like to apologize for my tardy reply. I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry that your experience at Syntax did not match our intention of being a positive working environment. We have been successfully operating our business for over 40 years and our partnership with Novacap has allowed us to further expand our wings in the technology echo system. Novacap has been a fantastic partner to Syntax, they have helped us grow via three acquisitions and they continue to support our initiatives. We are taking your feedback seriously and will address internally with our management team. If you would like to share more about your experiences please contact me by emailing nbenoit@syntax.com so that we can set up a time to talk. Thank you again for the feedback. It helps us make Syntax a better place and best of luck in your future endeavors.

"Best Internship ever!"

Human Resources Intern in Montreal, QC

I worked at Syntax for less than a year

Pros

I did my internship of 3 months and a half in recruitment and human resources at Syntax. Work colleagues, managers and above all the human resources team make Syntax the best place to work. I would qualify this work experience, the best so far. The people over there are open minded, friendly. Good energy! Awesome people! Good vibes!

Cons

More parking spot, would be great!

4. "Senior Programmer Analyst"

I have been working at Syntax

Pros

Syntax is a great place to work and advance your career!! Being given the opportunity to work on a number of unique projects with number of clients in different industries has allowed me to gain knowledge, I know I never would have working anywhere else. Senior management recognize hard work and offer generous compensation/bonus and career advancement. Work life balanced is very good and very flexible! Senior managers do not micro manage, as long as work gets done and clients are happy!!

Cons

Employee health benefits could be much better! No RRSP contribution match!

5. "Employee Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Syntax full-time

Pros

It's a family dynamic in the best way - freedom to speak your mind, get honest feedback, and share in plenty of laughs.

Cons

Eating at La Prep everyday.

6. "Dynamic"

in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Syntax

Pros

Joined a few months ago and love the energy. Management team is dynamic and co workers are very nice. many opportunities to learn and they value employee's contributions.

Cons

sometime parking can be an issue

7. "Resource Manager"

Current Employee - Resource Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Syntax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to work for! Dynamic environment, opportunity for professional growth and personal initiative is welcome.

Cons

No cons to report at this time

8. "Super company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Syntax full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great feedback always provided by management. Opportunity to work from home. Great work environment in general. A lot of recognition is given by management. Always happy to go to work every day, which is really important to me.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything at this moment.

9. "Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Syntax full-time

Pros

It actually feels good to wake up and come to work everyday. The environment is conducive not only to learning- but also to improving individual & team skills. The training that I had here was the best I've ever experienced. I learned the foundation& history of Syntax and all it's offerings in depth, in a fun and creative way. In a matter of a month I felt prepared to begin my career here at Syntax. Syntax has a very unique atmosphere- colleagues are constantly pushing each other to succeed and opportunities for continued learning and achievement are constantly presented. We also have regular socials which are lots of fun and really help build solid team & leadership skills. Overall, great place to work.

Cons

I honestly can not think of a con as of yet. Syntax really is a fun & exciting place to work.

Continue reading
  10. "Syntax is a great company!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Markham, ON

I have been working at Syntax full-time for less than a year

Pros

My career at Syntax has been very exciting so far. We work in a team dynamic and support each other. We strive to make each day better than the last. Business development can be a challenging role, but hard work is certainly rewarded and recognized. Overall a great team to be a part of!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Found 44 reviews