Spiceworks Ziff Davis Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2021

Found 149 of over 173 reviews

4.1
Spiceworks Ziff Davis President Steve Horowitz (no image)
Steve Horowitz
Pros
  • "Good company culture, encourages success and rewards you well when you hit targets(in 15 reviews)

• "Casual dress code, approachable team members, free food(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It’s a mid-size company that has experienced some growing pains over the past few years(in 12 reviews)

• "Company either can't or doesn't want to invest in developers in Austin(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Most Horrible Company to work for!

Jun 4, 2021 - Associate Editor in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good colleagues in the editorial team - a talented team

Cons

Extremely stressful work environment, management pressurizes employees with deadline-driven, heavy workloads, horrible managers especially in the editorial team, no proper training or time given to writers to learn the sector, PIPs are shot within 2 months of new employee joining, egoistic managers and bosses who have been given power to fire employees without any explanation, stingy with their leave policy, unrealistic work expectations which involve working after office hours and even on Sundays, low salaries paid and no compensation/benefits for making employees work 75-80 hours in a week

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best work culture

Apr 17, 2021 - Associate Software Engineer in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great work culture. 2. Work life balance. 3. Supportive management. 4. Good pay. 5. Work from anywhere option.

Cons

1. I have been working remotely for this company for more than an year. I did not find anything as minus.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best In Place. 'Work From Anywhere'

Apr 5, 2021 - Business Development Executive in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm new to SWZD to comment of the company as of now. But yes people I have come across may it be the recruiting team or the operations who interviewed had a positive approach. The best part of SWZD is Work from any where policy.

Cons

As of now nothing specific to be mentioned.

4. 5.0

good culture

Apr 29, 2021 - Social Media Specialist in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Job stability, great HR, Work life balance

Cons

nothing as such, Overall good experience

5. 5.0

Great Work Culture

Apr 4, 2021 - Social Media Specialist in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

No extra work Pressure, Happy environment, Big company,

Cons

Manager will always shadow you by taking all credit of your work

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company Values for Decent Pay

Feb 17, 2021 - Devops Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

decent working pace mistakes are learned from and accepted fun culture progressive company values (Juneteenth & Election day holidays) unlimited PTO employee stock program 401K always considered employee health & safety first during coronavirus fully remote is okay

Cons

loose on structure, planning, acceptance criteria pay is at or just below (recruiters offering a bit more almost every time) no clear path to internal growth or promotion (like criteria for engineering tiers or career paths)

Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your input. It is good to hear that you agree with what is being done for our employees regarding benefits, time off, and the working environment. We realize the importance of having a career path for every employee and are diligently working to put that in place. We value our employees and their impact on the company. We have a compensation philosophy that we follow and are working towards making sure each employee is paid appropriately. Please feel free to set up a time with HR to discuss any of your concerns. We want to hear from you.

7. 2.0

US-Centric Organisation, Good Benedits

Mar 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good - unlimited FTO, mental and physical healthcare packages, good pension etc.

Cons

Definitely gone downhill since merger. All leadership comes from US who seem to have little interest in offices outside of the country (perhaps even outside of Austin). No clear direction for business as a whole, much less individual paths. Very invested in acquiring, then not really sure what to do after the fact.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Gig

Feb 8, 2021 - Account Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid product suite, good management and team.

Cons

Took some time to get acclimated with the merger.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with your team members and our unique work perks. We care very deeply for our employees and love to hear successful stories about teams collaborating and becoming one team. We are growing quickly which we value your feedback. Your input informs what we do next so that we can cultivate our workplace for everyone’s success.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Jan 8, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved my time at Spiceworks

Cons

I felt it was a difficult and complicated business

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent people, great work environment

Aug 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall great company to work for in Hyderabad. It has recently started its operation in Hyderabad in 2019. Modern tech stack Great resources and tools Global mindset Generous perks and outings Open work culture, less hierarchy Great Benefits and salary Flexible work hours Free food Cool office Care for growth and learning Working from home Understanding leadership, smart team and caring people MacBook for engineering team Start-up like nature yet part of the big multinational group

Cons

Little uncertainty in the direction

Viewing 1 - 10 of 149 Reviews