Spiceworks Ziff Davis Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 110 of over 110 interviews

Recruiter25%
Employee Referral13%
HardAverageEasy

Spiceworks Ziff Davis

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks Ziff Davis

Interview

Very strange process. Started off with an awkward scheduled 15-min recruiter Zoom call in which the recruiter kept her video off the entire time and proceeded to spend 30 minutes straight talking about how in love she was with the company. By the end, I had only a few minutes to say my first and final words before I had to go as this was running way over time. I ended that call with knowing essentially nothing about the role, hadn’t had a chance to go over my background, and learned that the expected salary was EXTREMELY under market rate. Next, after a lot of time spent on coordination, I spoke to the hiring manager who seemed nice and professional. Later I received positive feedback and notification from the recruiter that I’d be moving to the next round and to expect another email in probably a few days to coordinate times. The following week I then received a rejection email saying they were in the final stages with other candidates. Overall, like I said, very strange process- from the recruiter interaction, communication and coordination, drawn out process, and exceptionally low salary range. In the end, I was intending on withdrawing my candidacy but was curious to see how it would pan out. I recommend the company get a handle on its recruiting and hiring practices because this inspires in potential future candidates no confidence.

Interview Questions
  • What are your salary expectations?
    Answer Question

Spiceworks Ziff Davis

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spiceworks Ziff Davis in Oct 2021

Interview

Process? I was ghosted twice and left waiting in a Google Meet room. After the first time, I reached out to requested a reschedule. The recruiter apologized and gave me a different time slot for the next day. I wait in the Google Meet room the next day while reaching out to the recruiter again but no response.

Interview Questions
  • Did you want to reschedule for (DATE) (TIME?)

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

229 Comments

Join the conversation on

Spiceworks Ziff Davis

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spiceworks Ziff Davis

Interview

Moderate interview questions. I could tell one of the interviewers during the interview was intimated. I provided so many examples, yet the only feedback was that I did not have enough research experience. My entire Graduate School and work experience consisted of quantitative and qualitative research.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spiceworks Ziff Davis (Madrid) in Sep 2021

Interview

The process was very transparent with a really good aproach by HR in regards to describing the company and the scope of the work to be done. Improvements can be made on the job description since the position was for a lower experience required than the description transpired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beach Haven, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Spiceworks Ziff Davis (Beach Haven, NJ)

Interview

I had an initial Zoom interview with the recruiter who knew very little about the position or the department. The interview consisted of her rambling on about the company for nearly 45 minutes. It was completely unnecessary considering this was a basic screen and I didn’t need to know that the head of company takes business calls from his vacation resort. I proceeded to have an interview with the hiring manager the next day and she didn’t seem very interested in meeting with me and we just didn’t click, which is fine but then I got an automated email that they’re not proceeding with me the next day. After two interviews I feel a personal email would have been better. Overall lousy process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks Ziff Davis (Hyderābād) in Jun 2021

Interview

Comprises of three rounds- 1. Tech discussion 1 - Go through a live coding interview of SQL and basic python scripts. Relatively simple and DB independent SQL questions to critical thinking scenario questions Python scripts from basic to intermediate level code snippets or logic explanation behind the code Concepts related to DB architecture, ETL architecture and Data warehouse architecture asked. 2. Tech 2- Mostly Scenario related DWH and data modelling asked. Scenario could be more related to usage of various types of dimensional modelling. MPP db architecture related questions and there advantages 3.Managerial - Behavioural questions to see how much you fit to the role and some technical overview of work history. Overall it was a very good experience, panels are very patient and would encourage you time to time to keep on thinking of solutions to open ended questions.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Spiceworks Ziff Davis

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks Ziff Davis in Apr 2021

Interview

The process was very fast and efficient. Interviews were scheduled quickly and they made a decision and presented an offer. The whole process was only a couple weeks. Recruiter was excellent and communicated clearly and frequently, probably the best recruiter I've ever worked with and would have been a great business partner. Three rounds of interviews, everyone was professional and friendly and made an effort to get to know me and be personable. I declined the offer because my current boss countered with one of those offers you can't refuse but I've second guessed that decision because the team I met here left a great impression.

Interview Questions
  • General industry questions, all relevant to the job. Experience with tools and processes, etc... interviews were well balanced between getting to know me and showing me who they are which was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks Ziff Davis (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

The interview process was a long one, 4 interviews in total (with one being a panel interview meeting 6 members of the team at once) spanning over around 4 weeks. This may sound a little overwhelming, however you are informed right from the very beginning what the process is and you remain informed all the way throughout the process. Not just this but any questions I had were answered promptly and effectively throughout the process. I didn't actually end up getting the job that I had gone for, which was so disappointing after having gone through all four interview stages, but not just for time wasted, but because it seemed like a genuinely fantastic company to work for, full of super friendly and knowledgeable team members!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a mistake you made and how you were able to rectify this mistake?

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spiceworks Ziff Davis (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Very smoothly and comfortable . Wanted to work for them. Good representation of the company with good reviews. Interview process was fast and not awkward felt at ease asked alot of questions and the response was helpful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Spiceworks Ziff Davis

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks Ziff Davis in Sep 2020

Interview

Very thorough process with several rounds. A touch on the long side but they have one of the best recruiters I have ever worked with and this softened that a bit. Lots of nice, lovely people at the company who make it seem like a pleasant place to work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 110 Interviews