Simpson Housing Reviews

4.0
Simpson Housing CEO Frank Rooney
Frank Rooney
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Great Benefits and Pay, Great PTO Policy(in 12 reviews)

• "Simpson was such a great company to work for(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There was a lot of nepotism involving upper management(in 4 reviews)

• "Only a few properties in the area, with long term management, no room for advancement until someone retires(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals
    1. 5.0

Great Company

Sep 27, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Redmond, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, commissions, and a good environment.

Cons

Sometimes a little hard to get ahold of upper management. Our property needs some upgrades that they wont fit into their budget.

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you are having a positive experience with Simpson. If you wish to discuss your feedback further, provide additional details, or need assistance contacting upper management please reach out to our People Services department.

2. 5.0

Amazing company that cares

Aug 23, 2021 - IT Developer/Engineer in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

A fun but organized company.

Cons

Must still work in offices

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you are having a positive experience with Simpson. If you wish to discuss your feedback further or provide additional details, please reach out to our People Services department.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for

Aug 18, 2021 - Apartment Maintenance Supervisor in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Fantastic benefits, PTO (combined with sick), bonus structure, etc. -Great company leadership -Opportunities for advancement (up to a certain point)

Cons

-On-call -Some of the residents are very difficult and unpleasant -Homeless people and thieves -Difficult to maintain appearances with residents making messes everywhere and not cleaning up

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you had a positive experience with Simpson. If you wish to discuss your feedback further or provide additional details, please reach out to our People Services department.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Jul 21, 2021 - Assistant Community Manager (ACM)
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has a great atmosphere, they are well put together and less political than other places I've worked. I've enjoyed my time here including all the benefits that come with working for Simpson. They certainly took care of us during Covid and while acquiring new communities all at once.

Cons

We do hire from within so waiting for your spot for growth comes with it's own challenges.

1 person found this review helpful

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you are enjoying your time with Simpson! If you wish to discuss your feedback or career path further, please reach out to our People Services department.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good Company/Poor Management

Jul 28, 2021 - Market Research Analyst in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive compensation Consistent workflow Many great people within department team

Cons

Bad/toxic work environment in general Upper management is often disrespectful Limited work functions/social events

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and would love to learn more about your experience. If you wish to discuss your feedback further or provide additional details, please reach out to our People Services department.

6. 4.0

A Great Company!

Jun 22, 2021 - Corporate Office Position
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not your typical corporate atmosphere. Employees are like extended family.

Cons

Equality among diversity could be examined a bit closer.

1 person found this review helpful

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you are enjoying your time with Simpson! If you wish to discuss your feedback or provide additional details, please reach out to our People Services department.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Rife with Favoritism

Jul 5, 2021 - Shelter Advocate in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

They handled COVID very well and made us all feel very safe. Some coworkers were very friendly and helpful.

Cons

Some coworkers were very bad at showing up to their shift on time, causing me to stay over 20 minutes late very often. Other coworkers were intoxicated on the property. Everyone gossips rudely about everyone else. Some people are fired after a first offense while others are allowed to stay long after they should be gone.

Employee Relations Professional

Hi there, your feedback is appreciated. Your job title and location lead us to believe that this was meant for Simpson Housing Services in Minneapolis and you’ve left a view for Simpson Housing apartments in Denver, CO. We want to give our employees the best support possible, so we would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you directly about the issues you experienced. Please contact our People Services Department so we can address this problem together.

8. 4.0

Nice Company

May 22, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

best commission structure in the leasing industry amazing benefits that are really inexpensive plenty of training

Cons

not much recognition for working hard, no raises

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wake up and know your contributions are acknowledged and you have a voice!

May 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

From day one in this industry I was hooked but it took almost two decades to find the right culture that made me love my job. On my first day I shared an elevator with a person who calmed my nerves right away. I’m sure he could tell I was nervous, but he was nothing but kind and genuine and ensured me that I made the right move. Later I found out it was the CEO, Todd Pope. What a first day, but it says a lot that on a day that is typically surrounded by the stress to impress, this encounter was the one that calmed my nerves and validated my choice with Simpson. Everyday since I’ve seen the same from every department and team. You will make a difference! If you show a drive and dedication. This will be acknowledged, supported, rewarded. Previous reviews touch on the tenure of corporate positions creating obstacles for growth. I love the fact that the devotion is awarded, but I do have to add that in the few years I’ve been with Simpson I’ve been promoted twice and at a much faster pace than the last few companies I’ve been at prior I have to add that Simpson invests in their teams. Twice a year the office team gets an apparel stipend and maintenance gets new uniforms (including new shoes)! Simpson also invests in building bench strengths. I’ve achieved two certifications through the NAA for my role and future roles without any cost. Great company with Class A communities.

Cons

I really don’t have any qualms that wouldn’t be overweighted by all the pros.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

A good company that is experiencing some growing pains.

Apr 28, 2021 - Property Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits Clear policies and procedures Easy to find department contacts Great communication down the line

Cons

Onboarding could be more thorough Management is not eligible for commissions, but is expected to still do sales Salary is low Experiencing growing pains Not all regions are managed equally Employee recognition has decreased over the years Inflexibility with employee pay can make filing vacancies difficult

Viewing 1 - 10 of 81 Reviews