Safe Software Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Safe Software Reviews

Updated May 11, 2019

4.7
Safe Software CEO Don Murray (no image)
Don Murray
  1. "Great Company"

I worked at Safe Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- great culture that promotes personal/skills growth - autonomy and no micro-management - everyone is eager to help each other; encourages sharing of ideas/opinions

Cons

- individual offices can reduce collaboration between teams - not a lot of vertical opportunities (promotions)

Safe Software2019-05-11

July 19, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for leaving your honest feedback for the team, Safer! It's humbling and so nice to hear that our staff feel like they receive the support they need from the company and their peers to carry out their roles and responsibilities at Safe. We value teamwork and creating a safe space for you to work and innovate. As the company continues to grow and scale, we will be looking at ways we can continue to improve our space and its physical layout to foster greater collaboration as well as identify growth and professional development opportunities for our team. These tasks do take time to implement, but rest assured our team is brainstorming ways we can do and be better for you!

2. "Software developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Safe Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great boss, nice new location

Cons

Surrey location can be inconvenient depending on where you live

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Safe Software2019-04-20

May 8, 2019HR Generalist

So happy to hear that you've enjoyed being a part of our Safe team! Our team means everything to us and we try to do what we can to solicit continuous feedback to improve our practices and offerings as an organization. We moved into this new space with our amazing team in mind so we could be more commuter-friendly for our staff who take public transit and to be closer to the heart of Surrey where health and tech are blossoming. Thanks for the great review, Safer!

3. "Good Company but lack of opportunities"

I worked at Safe Software full-time

Pros

Good people, nice office, no stress workplace.

Cons

Salary, technology stack, location in Surrey, very slow growth.

Safe Software2019-02-27

May 7, 2019HR Generalist

Thanks for leaving us a review and bringing your feedback to our attention. We are happy to hear that you've enjoyed working alongside your colleagues and the beautiful new office space we've moved into during your time at Safe. Our team is our number one priority, so we do make sure that we look at salary market data regularly to ensure we are on-side with compensation. We want to ensure that we can continue to provide wonderful perks and benefits for our team, such as our profit sharing bonus, so we are very deliberate with our hiring. This is to ensure we can sustain steady growth moving forward!

4. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - BC - British Columbia in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Safe Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wonderful culture and it starts with the owners

Cons

Limited opportunity for career progression. The company is growing and this may be improved over time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Safe Software2019-01-24

May 7, 2019HR Generalist

Hi Safer! Thanks for stopping by our Glassdoor page to leave a review. At Safe, we think it's important to account for all feedback from our staff to help us make Safe Software better for its employees. As we grow and scale as a company, we are looking at focusing on creating clearer career development plans for our team so the work is already underway! Thanks for being a part of our journey.

5. "Safe Review"

I worked at Safe Software full-time

Pros

There are a lot of office-wide events that allow colleagues to get to know one another and mingle a bit. It's great to see different departments sitting down for lunch together.

Cons

Lower compensation than other companies.

Safe Software2018-09-21

October 3, 2018Recruitment Specialist

We're so glad to hear that you've enjoyed and see the value in our company-wide social events. Our large lunchroom space is certainly conducive to allowing your staff members across all departments to mix and mingle during our community lunch days, regular lunch hours, coffee breaks and even after working hours when they're hanging out playing board games! Compensation is an area that we review on a regular basis during the year to keep ourselves in line with competitive market rates in the high tech industry. For this, we make sure that we take into account various Salary Surveys with data focused across the BC Lower Mainland. Thanks for stopping by our Glassdoor page to leave us a review! We're glad you had a positive experience working with us at Safe and wish you all the best in your next adventure!

6. "Excellent culture throughout the company"

I have been working at Safe Software full-time

Pros

Excellent work-life balance Profit sharing Amazing work culture Start of the art office coming late 2018 Management encourages creative approaches to problem-solving Consistent feedback from management

Cons

Low pay compared to other tech cities Office location isn't in Downtown Vancouver (if that area is desired)

Advice to Management

Continue the excellent work you're doing. D&D have done their best to impose their philosophies on how a company should be run, and the rest of management are doing their best to maintain them.

Safe Software2018-08-03

August 9, 2018Recruitment Specialist

Wow! What a phenomenal review. Thanks for taking the time to draft such a thoughtful response for Safe. Safe tries its best to ensure that our employees feel included and a part of our familial culture, and we agree that it's all about having a balance between working hard and having fun! As we continue to grow as an organization, employee feedback will be instrumental in how we improve our operations and management, so we appreciate your positive and constructive feedback. Though we aren't located in the Downtown Vancouver core, we are looking to become a prominent tech presence in Surrey's up-and-coming Health and Technology District and continue to do a lot of great work in our local Surrey community.

7. "Top notch company"

I have been working at Safe Software part-time

Pros

- Great work life balance. - Employers treat everyone with respect. - Friendly staff. - Interns get valuable learning experience and are treated as if they were a permanent employee. - Workplace that values learning. - Have your own office.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of

Safe Software2017-11-03

November 6, 2017HR team member

Thank you for the kind review (and for taking the time to leave it!). We are committed to growing and developing all of our team members (we don't distinguish between interns or permanent staff) as everyone plays an important part in our success. We appreciate your contributions!

8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Safe Software full-time

Pros

Overall, a great place to work.

Cons

Location of office, average pay.

Safe Software2017-10-26

August 9, 2018People & Culture Coordinator

Hey Safer! Thanks for visiting our page and leaving a short review of your experience at Safe. With each year, we review opportunities for future improvement and listen to the feedback our staff share with us. We do actively review our compensation structure and look at various salary survey data to make sure we provide fair and competitive salaries so that we are in line with the Vancouver high tech market. Furthermore, we will be moving into more commuter-friendly location for all of our staff who take public transit - stay tuned for a state-of-the-art facility in Fall 2018!

"Good culture"

I worked at Safe Software part-time

Pros

Great people to work with, excellent product and interesting work.

Cons

Location, flat structure so not much in the way of advancement and lower than average salaries and benefits

Safe Software2017-09-27

November 15, 2017HR team member

We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience while working with our team. We also think we have a pretty great product (FME Rocks!). It's true that our location isn't ideal for everyone - though we hope our move to our new location (closer to the skytrain) will help those who take transit to work. Our structure is quite flat - with small teams. While there isn't a lot of hierarchy, we hope that people are challenged and have an opportunity to grow within the company. With respect to salaries and benefits, we do participate in, and use, the BC Tech Salary Survey so we have a sense of what is happening in the local market. We try to be as competitive as possible with companies of similar size.

10. "Good place to work"

in Surrey, BC

I worked at Safe Software

Pros

Private space for each employee, flexible working time

Cons

Less social network if you are expecting that.

Safe Software2017-01-16

January 17, 2017HR team member

Most of our employees have said that the private office space is something they really value. One of the reasons that Safe will be moving to a new building (2018) is that we want to continue to offer this environment to our team members as we continue to grow in size. It is definitely valued, and an important part of our culture. We also recognize how important flexibility is to people and are glad to be able to support that. It was interesting to read your comment about the social network. We try to create an environment where people have opportunities to socialize with one another - and it seems that there is always a lot going on both during the day and after work. Although it seems like you are a former employee (sorry you are no longer with us) we would be very open to hearing any suggestions you have as to how we could improve this experience for others who are on/who join our team. Again - thanks for the feedback!

Found 27 reviews