Safe Software Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2021

Found 29 of over 43 reviews

4.6
Safe Software President Don Murray (no image)
Don Murray
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture, People and Learning Environment

Feb 13, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Questions are answered and encouraged - The staff are friendly, inviting and skilled in what they do - The work itself is engaging - Both the Dev and Non-Dev teams don't have barriers (or at least what I have seen) - The CEO's Don and Dale created an environment where power hierarchies do not exist/are not uncomfortable. - Great workspace/environment especially after moving to the new building. - Very focused on having the work-life balance - Flexible work schedules with WFH available as well

Cons

- Room for growth is hard to see - Too many younger employees making mentorship thin and spread out

HR Generalist

Hi Safer! Thanks for making time to leave us a review and for providing us with your sincere feedback. We are a team that focuses on putting our people first and with that comes finding ways that we can improve transparency with career development and growth within Safe. Our HR and leadership teams are proactively working on a project right now that tackles these concerns to visualize long-term growth and professional development. Stay tuned!

2. 4.0

Excellent working environment

Jan 11, 2021 - Administration Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent working environment. Community lunches. Own offices. On-site gym.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Only a job, definitely not a career

Jan 21, 2020 - Administration in Surrey, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Steady work. - Average salary. - Variety

Cons

- No career advancement. - No salary advancement. - Don't care about non-developers. - Staff are only tools, if you don't like it leave attitude. - Owners only care if they are having fun. As soon as it becomes uncomfortable or actual work they don't want to be involved.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your candid feedback. At Safe, we seek to continuously improve the employment experience, so I'm happy to share that we are in the stages of creating a career development and transparent salary grid for all of our staff. This will help clarify career and salary advancement opportunities across the organization, so our employees have an idea of where they can take their career next at Safe. We care deeply about our team and strive to ensure that we're soliciting feedback where we can to provide the most meaningful experience. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we wish you all the best!

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

May 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great culture that promotes personal/skills growth - autonomy and no micro-management - everyone is eager to help each other; encourages sharing of ideas/opinions

Cons

- individual offices can reduce collaboration between teams - not a lot of vertical opportunities (promotions)

HR Generalist

Thank you for leaving your honest feedback for the team, Safer! It's humbling and so nice to hear that our staff feel like they receive the support they need from the company and their peers to carry out their roles and responsibilities at Safe. We value teamwork and creating a safe space for you to work and innovate. As the company continues to grow and scale, we will be looking at ways we can continue to improve our space and its physical layout to foster greater collaboration as well as identify growth and professional development opportunities for our team. These tasks do take time to implement, but rest assured our team is brainstorming ways we can do and be better for you!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Software developer

Apr 20, 2019 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great boss, nice new location

Cons

Surrey location can be inconvenient depending on where you live

HR Generalist

So happy to hear that you've enjoyed being a part of our Safe team! Our team means everything to us and we try to do what we can to solicit continuous feedback to improve our practices and offerings as an organization. We moved into this new space with our amazing team in mind so we could be more commuter-friendly for our staff who take public transit and to be closer to the heart of Surrey where health and tech are blossoming. Thanks for the great review, Safer!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

A great place to work!

Jan 24, 2019 - BC - British Columbia in Surrey, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful culture and it starts with the owners

Cons

Limited opportunity for career progression. The company is growing and this may be improved over time.

HR Generalist

Hi Safer! Thanks for stopping by our Glassdoor page to leave a review. At Safe, we think it's important to account for all feedback from our staff to help us make Safe Software better for its employees. As we grow and scale as a company, we are looking at focusing on creating clearer career development plans for our team so the work is already underway! Thanks for being a part of our journey.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good Company but lack of opportunities

Feb 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, nice office, no stress workplace.

Cons

Salary, technology stack, location in Surrey, very slow growth.

HR Generalist

Thanks for leaving us a review and bringing your feedback to our attention. We are happy to hear that you've enjoyed working alongside your colleagues and the beautiful new office space we've moved into during your time at Safe. Our team is our number one priority, so we do make sure that we look at salary market data regularly to ensure we are on-side with compensation. We want to ensure that we can continue to provide wonderful perks and benefits for our team, such as our profit sharing bonus, so we are very deliberate with our hiring. This is to ensure we can sustain steady growth moving forward!

8. 4.0

Safe Review

Sep 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of office-wide events that allow colleagues to get to know one another and mingle a bit. It's great to see different departments sitting down for lunch together.

Cons

Lower compensation than other companies.

Recruitment Specialist

We're so glad to hear that you've enjoyed and see the value in our company-wide social events. Our large lunchroom space is certainly conducive to allowing your staff members across all departments to mix and mingle during our community lunch days, regular lunch hours, coffee breaks and even after working hours when they're hanging out playing board games! Compensation is an area that we review on a regular basis during the year to keep ourselves in line with competitive market rates in the high tech industry. For this, we make sure that we take into account various Salary Surveys with data focused across the BC Lower Mainland. Thanks for stopping by our Glassdoor page to leave us a review! We're glad you had a positive experience working with us at Safe and wish you all the best in your next adventure!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love working here.

Jun 3, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, fantastic co-workers. Can be proud of what we do and the product we make. Beautiful work space with private offices, a massage room, a great gym. Lunch options are stocked by someone who cares and brings a great variety of things. There are opportunities to participate in lunch time soccer, hockey, running, and yoga. Bike to work is hugely supported (mud room for cycling folks). Olympics and World Cup soccer viewing on the big screen on comfy couches. Flexible schedules, work-life-balance (and family) are important. Don and Dale are great visionaries and leaders.

Cons

Business park is in Surrey. You have to drive or take transit which requires a bus and can take a long time if you are coming from North Shore or Vancouver. Not a lot of food options in the area - makes it harder for going out for lunch or even socializing after work.

1 person found this review helpful

HR team member

We're glad you love working here! Our people are the heart and soul of Safe. It's true that taking a bus from the North Shore can take a bit of time - the good news is that we have a direct shuttle service to and from the Skytrain which can help ease the commute.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Best experience of my career to date

Mar 4, 2015 - Java Developer in Surrey, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Humble, happy, healthy, playful people. Work-life balance is terrific, senior management values families and want you to spend time with them. Fully stocked kitchen, games room, TV, private offices for everyone!

Cons

Some grumpy / unhappy people, but also some very positive people. You're probably going to get that anywhere though. They didn't cover MSP while I was there. Hard to gauge how you're doing, probably varies from manager to manager however.

3 people found this review helpful

HR team member

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback - it is really humbling to hear that working at Safe was such a great experience for you. Your suggestion about MSP is duly noted. As well, we appreciate your comments about receiving feedback. It is important to all of us at Safe to provide/receive ongoing feedback, coaching and mentoring. We will strive to be more proactive in this area.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews