Quantcast Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2020

3.5
Quantcast CEO and Founder Konrad Feldman
Konrad Feldman
Pros
  • "The usual tech company pros - Free Food, Health Insurance etc(in 32 reviews)

• "Smart people and a great base product(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • "This is not something I blame on the middle management directing our business but instead goes right to the top of management(in 15 reviews)

• "Growing pains resulting in numerous re-orgs of customer teams(in 12 reviews)

"Okay Company"

I worked at Quantcast full-time

Pros

Lot to learn. Nice culture

Cons

Engineering is managed by folks who are there for several years.

"Sinking ship full of nepotism"

2.0

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cool tech, solving challenging problems. Perks and benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Nepotism is rampant. Engineers come first and leadership tends not to care about the rest. Product people are valued, but everyone else is a third class citizen. I also witnessed nepotism in other departments as well; even Customer Success, Sales, and HR played major favorites. There is a TON of lip service and hypocrisy from leadership. CEO, Konrad, is smart, but is pretty far out of touch from his employees. Peter Day is a good CTO, but again, doesn't really appreciate even the most dedicated non-Engineers/Product people. I witnessed 3 rounds of layoffs during my time at Quantcast. Talented people (many of whom happened to be people from under-represented groups), with important skill sets and large contributions to the business were laid off, with complete disregard to the value they brought to the company - as long as they weren't Engineers, they were disposable. It doesn't feel like an environment where challenging the status quo is welcomed - regardless of what they try to convey.

"Not What It Used To Be"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company had solid foundation and great employees

Cons

Most talented employees have left or gotten laid off. ELT has made extremely poor decisions on company direction for 5+ years.

4. COVID-19

"Incredible culture - Not much growth"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

The usual tech company pros - Free Food, Health Insurance etc. The biggest pro being the culture though, it’s a buzz word now days but Quantcast’s culture is one of the best I’ve worked in. There are some great minds in the business and everyone is on the same page in terms of help and support, due to the smaller size it’s almost a small family atmosphere. It makes it easy to go into work everyday. Very good leaders at low/middle management too. Some good tech and innovation in terms of delivery in the industry. So much learning early on, you will also get involved in every part of the sales process from start to finish.

Cons

Although the business has been around since 2006, it’s still has a start up feel in some respects. Lots of manual requirements, learning on the fly and mass cross team collaboration always needed. I think the growth has stagnated a bit in the last 2-5 years. This also being reflected on the ability to move up professionally, less opportunity to move as the teams don’t tend to grow quickly and are quite small. If you have 3-5 years experience behind you already then you may get frustrated if you want to kick on. The UK office tends to see prioritisation due to revenue distribution (understandable). However it means the Dublin office does tend to suffer a bit with late product updates and as shown in Covid, it was one of the first to be massively impacted with C-Level decisions.

Continue reading
  5. "Started out great but got worse over the years..."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Singapore

I worked at Quantcast full-time

Pros

Great engineers to work with

Cons

Non-US offices didn't get good engineering projects when I was around. It was common for SF office to pass on projects to the "remote teams".

6. "Great Company"

5.0
    Former Employee - Chief Legal Officer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A fantastic place to work and grow, with an excellent balance of support and challenge.

Cons

Adtech as an industry has had its ups and downs.

7. COVID-19

"Decent place to work, but very little chance for progression"

Former Employee - Senior Ae in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great working environment with supportive line and middle management. Majority of people are genuine and want everyone to succeed. Good learning environment for new AE's, would recommend to BDR/Jr AE Free Food and Snacks with a good work life balance Support to try new tactic's if you can come up with a process. Potential with a new product offering, if the pricing and use models are set correctly. I really enjoyed working there for a long time.

Cons

There seems to be a disconnect between the US/UK Field and the rest of the markets. I understand that is where a lot of our business wins come from but many working in other markets feel they are second tier. This is evident in less tech capabilities in markets outside of US and UK. It makes the sale a lot more difficult. There is virtually no possibilities of promotion into management, most AE roles will suit BDR/Junior AE level but I would nor recommend joining if you have a few years selling behind you. Poor handling of current Covid situation. First was a change in compensation structure, then pay cut's and then a cut in hours. This was coupled with un-realistic targets for the corresponding period, also there was very little factoring in the reduced hour's never mind the drop in client spending. Effectively in the business unit I was in, it was an accepted and acknowledged (by management) fact that no commission would be paid due to the format of the new compensation plan and unrealistic targets. (due to the current climate). This is not something I blame on the middle management directing our business but instead goes right to the top of management. Heavy manual processes, AE's expect to also part function as an AM

Continue reading
  8. "Great mid-size adtech company"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

proprietary offering with a product that actually works working alongside brilliant people collaborative environment

Cons

heavy middle management lack of streamlined communication across markets

"Short Term Job"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart people in certain aspects of the company - free food. Two stars for culture only because the reps I've met here are amazing.

Cons

Quantcast has been on a continual decline as other competitors continue to innovate (validated through Google trends). Their business model is extremely behind the times, price gouging clients for a “managed service”, and selling customers unnecessary packages stating that prospecting will find “net-new clients.” Outside of them being a revolving door for top tier sales talent, validated through the average tenure of account executives on LinkedIn, they continuously raise quota expectations quarter over quarter. Do you like working harder for the same amount (or less) money quarter over quarter? If so, this is the job for you. Additionally, their sales process is screwed. Since the industry is in consolidation, the majority of accounts that are of value are in either in existing AE’s names or have an approved agency of record that you as a new AE can’t touch. This significantly hinders your ability to create “net-new” conversations, that by the way factor into your quota. Also, if you're struggling to schedule pitches you’ll have your back seat “sales” managers waffle between two levers. Do more outbound (total volume), or be more tailored in your outreach. If overall outreach numbers decrease, which they track and hound through SFDC, they’ll inquire why. If you’re doing a bunch of activity, but not setting meetings, the inverse will apply, and they’ll scold you for lack of tailored outreach – overall a lose-lose. There are only a few managers I’ve seen that care for their employees and don’t “back-seat” sell are and the internal director only cares about topline revenue, not solid sales practices (never run an incrementality test here), misleading AE’s on promotions, and burning bridges with past long term employees. All in all – take this job for an external promotion from an SMB rep or SDR, and for the first quarter’s guaranteed quota. Negotiate your salary, they pay 75-85k, don’t offer 401k match and offer diluted useless equity for a company that will never IPO. Look to leave after a year, year and a half - at that point they will have hiked your quota so high anyway, that you’ll be making less money than you were when you started.

Continue reading

"Great People, Unstable Mission"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Quantcast full-time

Pros

People and challenges were great and everyone was supportive of personal growth

Cons

Numerous reorgs and instability in company future

Found 338 reviews