Percolate Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2021

3.6
Percolate CEO Randy Wootton
Randy Wootton
Pros
  • "Employees are very smart and hard working - everyone seems to be rowing in the right direction(in 9 reviews)

• "Percolate is a great company with a very good work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Do not believe in any work life balance(in 11 reviews)

• "It is fast paced- so you need to be ready for a that(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great company, better people

Apr 15, 2021 - Business Development Representative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture was stellar, open door to upper management, CEO was often present in our NY office. Genuinely felt like you could talk to anybody and be treated with respect and decorum. The team-building was top-notch too, it was seriously a pleasure working there.

Cons

None really, the BDR role isn't exactly a cakewalk but Percolate incentivized us to come in and do our job well with perks, great benefits, unlimited PTO, and more.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Better than most, not as good as some

Apr 7, 2021 - Solution Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people - most of them are wonderful to work with. Leadership is pretty cool too.

Cons

Don't seem to have direction. Confusion about where the product is going.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Nice culture, difficult product to sell

Feb 18, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice colleagues, good culture and executive team

Cons

The product is a nice to have, not a need to have. So sales cycles are very long and very tough

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Could do with more substance and less process

May 19, 2020 - Junior Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great health plan. Welcoming for new employees.

Cons

High pressure to get code out the door.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Percolate++

May 6, 2019 - Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at Percolate for over 2 years now, across a few different teams and positions and I still see lots of potential here. The Marketing tech workspace is dynamic and competitive so there's never really a chance to get bored. It feels like we've grown to be a mature startup, with better alignment between teams and leadership, and a more clear understanding of how to build your career with Percolate. We have an eclectic mix of technologies with a culture that's open to experimenting. We're always pushing to enhance the quality of our code and reduce friction in our development and deploy processes. Probably one of the most refreshing things here is the access to leadership and the many channels we have for expressing your concerns, asking questions, or challenging product direction - from being totally anonymous, group brain-storming sessions, communicating through your manager, or just having a quick chat over coffee.

Cons

- Finding the right balance between bug fixing, feature development, and improving code quality is tough and an on-going process -No 401K Match

1 person found this review helpful

People Operations

Thanks for your review, happy to hear you are enjoying working here! We certainly value transparency and open communication. Access to leadership is a critical component of that. We have also found new ways to tap into the feedback from our customers and use that feedback to help improve our product. Looking forward to a productive 2H!

6. 4.0

Good place to learn

Dec 26, 2019 - Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Percolate is a good place to learn software engineering. Because the product is very large and diverse in terms of features, there is a lot of opportunity to gain relevant experience in a lot of tools and technologies, regardless of whether you are in Frontend, Backend, Infrastructure etc.

Cons

Often times you may find yourself switching context when it comes to assigned work.

7. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Nov 19, 2019 - Business Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing, hard-working, and smart.

Cons

Transparency and communication from the c-suite could be improved. Company allhands meetings were vague and pointless. Office typically empty due to flexible WFH leading to a not very lively environment

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Exodus

Jul 24, 2019 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Once upon a time, Percolate had an amazing culture. It's still kind of there, but a little worse for the wear. Even so, there's some truly lovely people that work there. In the time I was at Percolate, I never had anything but positive interactions with my peers. Everyone's a professional and seems to work hard at their job. There's nice little perks like catered lunch once a week, cold brew on tap and healthy snacks. There's even a full espresso machine. Every so often there's small office events with food and booze - always nice. Engineering is a mixed bag, but there's no denying that a lot of stellar work was done on the tooling and infrastructure. Regardless of the outcome, there's a lot of smart people trying to create and maintain good processes. The work can be hard, but overall there's real personal control of work/life balance.

Cons

People are leaving in droves, so bandwidth suffers constantly. It's hard to tell if the ship is sinking or just afloat and abandoned. Either way, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. For me, the physical environment was unpleasant. The engineering floor is called the "fish bowl" because all the desks are in the middle of the floor surrounded by a perimeter of glass conference rooms. The benefits are the worst I've ever had at a startup - no 401k matching and a poor medical plan. There's stock options, but nobody I know bought any. Leadership is probably the biggest problem. Both of the founders left the company. Make of that what you will. The current CEO is very nice, but a bit reminiscent of a used car salesman. Senior leadership has intelligent people, but they still can't seem to figure out how to manage people and organize teams properly. Although they are seemingly transparent, it often feels like lies and lip service. Expectations are all over the place, and you can't count on consistent support. Unfortunately, this negatively impacts everything else.

9 people found this review helpful

People Operations

Thanks for your review. We certainly want all of our employees to enjoy working for Percolate, but also realize it may not be the environment for everyone and that's also ok. While happy to see all the pros you listed (which we're super proud of!), we would like to take the time to address the less than positive feedback because of how it impacted your time here. Firstly, we realize the office space you were in leaves a bit to be desired. We are in the process of procuring new space that we feel will be a breath of fresh air and very much what Percolate needs for our work environment (we're certainly pumped!). Our number one priority has always been our employees. So you all spoke up! We are listening. Benefits- We put a lot of work into designing our 2019 plans which are much better quality than in previous years and will continue to make improvements year over year. Benefits unfortunately cannot change over night because of how our healthcare system works, but we hope employees recognize the work that is going in to build out better plans for you and your families. 2020 is shaping up to be pretty great! Lastly, re: leadership. Our co-founders are both still Percolate's biggest supporters. They have moved on to tackle new and exciting adventures but still bleed Percolate Orange. That will never change. We are so proud of the work they did bringing Percolate to where we are today. We are also incredibly confident in our current leadership team and where they will lead us in the future. We encourage anyone who has concerns or lacks clarity on direction, purpose, mission, or simply has questions, please take the time to speak with members of our leadership team. They are always available and happy to chat!

9. 5.0

We've figured it out!

Dec 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

2018 was a huge year for us! I have been a part of this company for almost 3 years now but this is truly the most excited and happy I've been working at Percolate. - We've made some key hires this year including a new VP of HR & SVP of Sales. - We released Percolate Next and continue to develop new product features. - The company revamped our employee benefits for next year. - Our People Ops and leaderships teams made great strides in developing a career path strategy and structure that will surely help retain our talent. - We have some aggressive future goals but finally have clear direction and great leaders driving the company forward.

Cons

- Need to provide middle management with better tools and training around people management and leadership.

1 person found this review helpful

People Operations

Thanks for your review! What's really exciting to read is that you've been at Percolate for almost 3 years and this is the happiest you've been while working here. Seems the company is maturing, like a fine wine. We'll only get better with age! In all seriousness, this past year was a year of transition for the company and we're thrilled to see some of the changes we've implemented are making a real difference in your experience. We put a heavy focus on providing better benefits, creating career paths, and making sure employees knew how their work contributes to the overall success of the company. Your feedback was key in many of the changes that we're made. Please continue to provide your thoughts to help us constantly improve. We're excited for 2019!

10. 5.0

Wow

Dec 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for less than 90 days in the NYC location. -The People Org has been awesome to work from helping me get settled to giving me a firm grasp of all of the departments I will be working with. Hat's off to Michelle and team. -CTO and Founder are great thought leaders and have set a grand strategy of how we can build solutions that will help Marketers Optimize their time. -Fast paced organization - but very transparent and everyone is willing to help. - Cool Product - Great culture

Cons

It is fast paced- so you need to be ready for a that.

2 people found this review helpful

People Operations

Wow right back atcha! Thanks for the love, we are so happy to have employees like you be part of the team. Let's keep that momentum going! [Insert celebratory emoji!]

Viewing 1 - 10 of 156 Reviews