PeopleFluent Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

2.9
Stephen Bruce
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good culture with good work-life balance" (in 15 reviews)

• "The company is now hiring and retaining great people (for the most part)" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very fast paced environment where change is constant so not for those who like to watch and not act" (in 7 reviews)

• "Staff are running for the exit and no one is applying for the vacancies arising, of which there are many" (in 4 reviews)

"Building a culture of connectedness..."

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

The team has legitimately got your back, any time, in any situation. Regardless of what we're trying to accomplish, someone from the PF team will step up to lend a hand. Win or lose, we're in it together.

Cons

Can get caught in bureaucratic red-tape throughout certain internal processes. However, teams involved in these are always open to feedback and express a desire to improve.

Advice to Management

Keep working on building this culture of the PeopleFluent family. Keep working on improving our overall product stack and driving the message out to the industry that we're here and that we have a lot to offer.

"Sales position"

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

Driven by quality
    Great people
    Collegial
    Good technology
    Desire to excel
    Innovative

Cons

Image
    Unsophisticated
    Lack of flexibility
    Turnover
    Tech Legacy

Advice to Management

Keep looking for inspirational sales leadership

"Don't turn around and walk away....turn around and run from Peoplefluent"

Pros

Equipment laptop, Iphone and Ipad.

Cons

I must say that I've never worked for a worst company in life. I felt that I was being treated as a cotton worker in a plantation. Clients would tell me about issues that needed to be resolved and when I would report back and would get circle of words. So I would take negative feedback from customers and then get dumped on for reporting inefficiencies.

Advice to Management

Stop leaving a fantasy world you are Oracle, MS or SAP. Stop and listen to your employees and empower them to succeed.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Montreal, QC

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-There is a genuine team atmosphere where everyone is expected to have everyone else's back.
    -Sales leadership is top-notch. Very focused on enabling and contributing to the team's success. They tend to look for solutions - not problems.
    -The product is fantastic.

Cons

-Brand recognition isn't as strong as one would like it to be
    -Past turnover has hurt some customer relationships and the ability to execute on future objectives

Advice to Management

-Keep on building the culture and give teams time to gel and make an impact.
    -Need to build a framework for faster decision making when it comes to product roadmap decisions - especially when sales is depending on it

5. "Working at PeopleFluent with passion!"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

The company is big enough to provide great products and teams of experts to support their employees and clients but small enough to feel like a family. The culture is supportive and transparent where you'll want to give 110%.

Cons

Nothing important enough to report.

6. "A really great team"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personally I love working here. The team I work with is strong, it feels like almost everyone is very good at what they do, and I feel valued by management. The salary I started on wasn't amazing but I got a payrise quickly and generally have been made to feel appreciated.

Cons

Can be stressful at times (especially just before the launch of a big project). Very fast paced. Not a place for hand-holding, you have to be comfortable being independent and making decisions.

"There's good and there's bad"

Former Employee - Consultant in Irving, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Irving, TX (US)

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great flexibility in working hours, are not constantly on meetings if you don't want to be. I had a great, easy going manager who clearly wanted me to succeed and cared about the company and our clients.

Cons

Low pay, favoritism based on personality vs. work ethic, client satisfaction, and ability. There was too much politicking, and no thank yous for helping other teams. There was little transparency in how to be promoted and they did not care about growing their employees. By the time I was leaving LTG had acquired us, most clients were not renewing due to the price, and there were very few new clients being signed on. They need to understand pricing in each of the different offerings instead of assuming it's the same across the board. The previous CEO obviously lacked respect for other cultures and was a big supporter of Trump. He butchered employees names and then blamed the complexity of the name. He also said things that made it clear he did not care about the employees, like blaming the employees for the low numbers while taking no responsibility himself as the leader. The new management made it clear that money is their number 1 priority and if you are hurting that cause you would be leaving the company. Some managers in my office would openly talk politics and state things in a way that made you feel you would not be believed if you had an HR complaint about the topic at hand. They would also make fun of lower level employees, calling them bulimic or stupid or lazy behind their back in the break room and then being nice to their face. They also would not provide constructive feedback during performance reviews. You cannot develop if you do not know what is wrong. If you do not know how to have those tough conversations you cannot be a good manager.

Advice to Management

Employees want to feel valued and invested in, not just cogs in a machine. Be transparent about how to develop and get ahead, if there's no room for change, development, more pay some good employees will leave.

"Shocking organisation, distasteful management."

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Waltham, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Waltham, MA (US)

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None come to mind, and I've been thinking hard.

Cons

The acquisition by LTG has been appallingly managed. The senior management and newly appointed managers are entirely oblivious to what is required in a running a business. Staff are running for the exit and no one is applying for the vacancies arising, of which there are many. There is a concerted effort to replace existing, experienced staff with cheaper, less experienced employees, in an effort to drive down costs, no matter the consequence.

Advice to Management

Any advice would fall on deaf ears.

"Worst organization- leadership is horrible. They have no idea who they are in the market place"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salaries are good in most cases

Cons

Can’t win
    Do not have a clear strategy
    The company is divided and do no work together for success
    No marketing
    No onboarding
    They don’t even use their own software
    Turnover

"Promising Direction"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

PeopleFluent has historically received high praise for the quality of co-workers. This has not changed. Peoplefluent under LTG leadership appears to have a renewed focus on investing in the core products - this is promising for the engineering teams as well as our customer base. We have gone through rounds of cuts to the business where we have been focused on doing more of the same with less. LTG has come into the business and is focusing on investing in products and changing how we're approaching the priorities and changing the fundamentals of how the business will be run.
    Consistent Communication as part of the transition plan.
    caring co-workers. Act as one team.

Cons

We are in the middle of change. For some, the change is unsettling because it's occurring too fast and in other areas, the change seems too be slow. LTG team came in and quickly made decisions, where they may not fully understand the implications of those changes. Time will tell, and LTG is admittedly willing to make mistakes along the way to ensure speed of change.

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the customers and be open to understanding where you may have overlooked impacts as part of the transition. PeopleFluent is greater than a learning product, and customer challenges will be different as a result of their business pains.