Peninsula Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.5
Peninsula Managing Director Peter Done
Peter Done

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Support from all work colleagues and management is second to none" (in 27 reviews)

• "I started with the company on the Peninsula graduate scheme and the training and development during my time here is second to none" (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "No Cons that i have experienced" (in 34 reviews)

• "Is a fast paced environment so have to be on the ball from the get go" (in 32 reviews)

1. "Great company, great concept, great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing and Events in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Marketing and Events in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Like the title says the team, atmosphere, company overall is great

Cons

There is not much to complain about.
    I have been here for a few months now and have not had any issues with taking time off, with work load and management are very down to earth and treat everyone like equals

16 Nov, 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

We really appreciate the feedback, it's great to read you're enjoying your time in Canada. We hope to be reading more reviews from North America soon.

"Amazing company, full of growth potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Peninsula has been the best decision of my life. I’m definitely kept busy, but it is literally the most fulfilling position I’ve ever had. The people here are amazing and just as diverse as the clientele. I’ve never worked with so many people that have come from so many places all across the world. Everyone contributes and works hard for the success of the company. They prefer to promote from within where possible - so career growth potential here is very high. We’re in major growth mode in Canada - so if you’re considering being part of our team, now is the perfect time!

Cons

Benefits plan could be better, but I do hear they’re working on improving it.

Advice to Management

Our Canadian management is amazing and the Head Office in the UK gives us great support when needed so keep on being amazing!

18 May, 2018 – Directors Office

We are always looking for new ways to improve so watch this space! Thanks for the feedback, some of our directors are over for a visit, make sure to pop over and say hello.

3. "business sales executive"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time

Pros

fun, great culture, good employees

Cons

boring work, pay could be a little higher.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work.

5 Apr, 2018 – Directors Office

Working within the sales team your wages are uncapped and with focus and drive you can earn a life-changing sum of money plus the opportunity to travel the world and with the wide variety of... More

4. "Great company culture- phenomenal team"

Current Employee - Business Sales Team Executive in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Business Sales Team Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is phenomenal, we celebrate our accomplishments and are recognized for our strong efforts. I work with a team of energetic, friendly and supportive colleagues. The training is there if you seek it and ask questions. What is key are the 1-1’s with my supervisor Tom that access my maximum potential, which I know is endless if I work hard.

Cons

Probably not wanting to leave the office at the end of the day because the team is so great to be around! No complains.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the employees that want to be there and bring a positive attitude daily. There is no room for negative people that are not team oriented, focused and energetic.

19 Mar, 2018 – Directors Office

Thanks for the great review! We're delighted you love working for us so much. At Peninsula you make your own luck and working hard and going the extra mile will get you huge rewards.

"Unique Opportunity, be sure to take advantage of it!"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for the Yellow Pages for close to 9 years and to be honest, up until now it was the best job I ever had. I discovered Peninsula Canada and the performance and work hard play hard culture within the company is what makes it the Success it is today.

Everyone through out the company is there to help you be successful, from having a strong Inside Sales team to support you to the Advisors who are all there to support you, your prospects and your clients with the challenges experienced.

I am enjoying every minute of what I do now and I am thankful every day that I was selected for this unique opportunity.

Cons

This is a culture driven by performance and results.
    If you are not willing to work hard this is not for you.
    That being said, you will love what you do and working hard for something you love doesn't seem like work at all!

Advice to Management

Fantastic organization, PD and team, you have created something unique and in my opinion - the Best company to work for in Canada. Thank you.

21 Feb, 2018 – Directors Office

We really appreciate the great review! We're delighted you're loving the role and working for Peninsula Canada

"Business Development Manager - Ottawa"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Ottawa, ON
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Peninsula for 4 months. It has been an amazing experience all round, from the excellent training I received to the on going support provided by management. I am very pleased with my decision to switch careers and build my future here at Peninsula. The support from head office has been amazing, 1 booking agent for every sales agent. I can’t say enough good things about Peninsula everywhere I go. The service we provide to our clients has been paramount to receiving referrals and praise from all our clients. Wonderful place to work!

Cons

No cons, it’s all uphill from here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing support and let’s grow together. #sucessstarshere

22 Feb, 2018 – Directors Office

Thank you for the great feedback, we're really pleased to read you're enjoying your role and the company. We've started something special in Canada and you're playing your own part in that story.... More

7. "Awesome Employer"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training and experiences
    Great benefits
    Large company with a start-up feel

Cons

Wish I started here earlier!

22 Feb, 2018 – Directors Office

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback, we're pleased to see your enjoying your time with Peninsula;a

8. "Sr. Field Employment Relations Consultant"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time

Pros

Great place to work! Such a supportive environment with a big focus on collaboration and team work. Wonderful company and leadership team who really focus on their employees and making Peninsula a great place to be!

Cons

No cons at this time!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

21 Feb, 2018 – Directors Office

Thanks for taking the time to give us your review on working at Peninsula Canada. We're pleased you've found everyone supportive and friendly.

9. "Business Development Manager... GREAT JOB......."

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been here for less than a year however, from the training, to the support and the help you receive is top level. Management team is approachable and treats you with respect. I would recommend Peninsula to everybody. Great place to work.

Cons

None to mention, great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work...You are growing a GREAT COMPANY.

20 Feb, 2018 – Directors Office

Thanks for the great feedback, we really appreciate it! I'm pleased we've been supportive of you in your new role and that you're enjoying it.

10. "Peninsula is a wonderful place to work!"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Peninsula is a growth opportunity...period. The company is growing & I am growing & Learning here. I work with a team of driven & skilled professionals who are skilled & supportive. Upper management are the best I have ever worked with available & eager to assist me in my role. I am grateful for this exciting opportunity & love my role in assisting small businesses to navigate the evolving new workplace environment. This company rewards hard work & I am happy to be a part of it!

Cons

There is no downside here for me so far. If everything keeps moving in this direction I plan to be a lifer!!!

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing - we are blessed to have your knowledge & Support. One day maybe I’ll have your job!

19 Feb, 2018 – Directors Office

We hope you're a lifer too! Thanks for the awesome feedback!