Peninsula Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Peninsula Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jun, 2018

3.1

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (London, England (UK)) in June-2018.

Interview

The interviewers seemed very unprofessional. They did not make an effort to greet us all individually and seemed like they just needed to get the job done. Not a very great reflection of the company. Glad i managed to escape working for such a place.

Interview Questions

• what skills do you have that will contribute to this job?   Answer Question

Graduate Human Resources and Employment Law Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)) in May-2018.

Interview

Iv wrote a very in-depth review of the day as I found reading others experiences really helped me before the interview… I hope this helps!
    I applied by emailing the recruitment team directly once I saw the job opening online.
    I was then asked to do a phone interview which asked me about my CV and my experience and then why HR? why peninsula? why employment law?
    I was told on the phone I had passed and was invited to an assessment day and asked to choose a date!
    Assessment day: arrive by 9:15am and was emailed over 3 questions to prepare for a short 2 minute presentation to the group (experience, why the graduate scheme and why employment law) - there was around 20-25 people in total and 4 assessors. People had travelled from all over; Liverpool, London, Birmingham and Manchester! The office is very swish and had lovely coffee machines and snacks in the waiting area.
    The assessors explain the full day at the start and make you feel very relaxed.
    After the 2 minute presentations we began 2 group tasks; one was to show our HR knowledge and what we would advise a client if they wanted to sack someone. Second assessment was to show our customer service skills and how we would deal with an unhappy customer who hadn't received a call back from the contact centre. After each task we had to present back what we would do to an assessor and explain our answers - sometimes they asked you why you chose a certain answer so be prepared. Then we were sent outside the room for 10 mins whilst they point scored and then brought back in for the next task. TIP: do not overpower other group members; be confident but not show-offish and include everyone, make everyone feel comfortable.
    Fourth task was an elevator pitch which seemed very daunting but I really enjoyed it - we had 1 minute to answer a question on the screen "why I would be a successful employment law consultant” - we could write notes on the notepads provided. Then they went around the room and each person stood up to say their answer in 30 seconds. One assessor was timing it and cut you off bang on 30 seconds - TIP: don't go over the 30seconds. some people spoke so fast you couldn't understand a word they said just because they so desperately wanted to throw in as many words as they could to sell themselves. it didn't look or sound good in my opinion, just stay calm and speak clearly.
    After this we were sent back outside for around 20 mins (felt like the longest wait of my life) to find out who had been successful to progress to the final stage of the interviews. An assessor came out and called 7 names and asked us to go back into the room; we didn't know if this was to be told we weren’t successful or we had made it! We went back inside and were told we had been successful and were invited to stay and do the final stage which was a face to face interview. Everyone was so happy, it was a really great feeling to know you had passed quite a difficult morning!
    Then they brought us lunch which was some lovely sandwiches tea and coffee and bottles of water – whilst we were inside the room all other candidates were told they werent successful so they had gone before we could say bye to them.
    Final interview stage – (those who had travelled the furthest went first so they could get an earlier train home which) interviews were with 2 assessors, both lovely people, happy and laughing all the way through which made me feel really at ease. Questions like name a time you have gone beyond your role, what skills do you have that you feel will contribute most to this job, talk us through your CV... answer these questions thoroughly!
    The day was finished by around 2pm and I was told I would hear back within 1 week. I have to admit when it got to 2 days after I assumed I hadn’t got it – I was so worried!!!
    Just a quick timeline of the events; Monday: phone interview… Wednesday: assessment day… Following Tuesday (6 days later) I was offered the job!
    The whole day was fantastic experience, the assessors were all so lovely which made me even more desperate to get the job and all the candidates I met were so friendly and I wished everyone could have got the role as they were such a great bunch of people. Even if I hadn’t been successful the assessment day was great experience and gave me tasks I had never done before. The interview was not extremely difficult but rather a test of your confidence. Be calm and prepared and you will be fine :) I am so excited to start my career with Peninsula!!

Interview Questions

• Why HR? Why employment law? What can you bring to the role?   Answer Question

H R Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula.

Interview

Submitted CV online, proceeded by a phone interview then a face to face interview. Was expected to have a very thorough and detailed knowledge of the company's history and origins and their functions.

Interview Questions

• A current employment/workplace issue which is occurring within current events.   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Dartford, England (UK)) in April-2018.

Interview

Messy process the recruitment team send me the wrong emails addressed to the wrong person effectively my competing applicants.

Once I did receive the right information the phone call was scheduled over Skype which was great then a final stage face to face where I was given a sales scenario with literally zero information on there product pricing or sales process - this process had\ has many obvious flaws as the candidate doesn’t have enough information to do the pitch properly so what are they testing ?

Then once told I would be invited for final stage my slot time was moved and then I was emailed confirmation with a sales scenario and a conf of time and place etc - I was then told minimum directions on how to get to their office which was over 3.5 hours away from my address in Manchester a town I have never been to before .

Once their I then worked out the way to their office through trial and error (Manchester Piccadilly station is massive about 10 times the size of any other major London station) I arrived slightly late and flustered . In short they didn’t do you any favours by not prepping me on the route journey and timings.

Only positive I would take away from this is the company is good and I would have smashed their targets to pieces had they given me a proper goon getting in- oh yeah and they did reimburse me for my travel another slight positive

Their loss as I’m now looking to and for their competitors .

Interview Questions

• Scenario based pitch test was given on how I would prepare for the meeting and what questions I would ask .

Pretty pointless exercise as no product pricing or structure was given   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula.

Interview

easy. one step interview. a bit of role play involved. Was hired after one initial interview. HR hiring manager was great and easy to talk to. If personality is a good fit, you will get hired.

Interview Questions

• How you can connect past experiences with a future potential   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peninsula.

Interview

Based on my experience the HR / Recruitment department is unprofessional. I suggest as a business they test their own processes and set up mystery applicants/interviews. They'll then be able to understand why I have written this post.

Employment Law Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Wonderful, clear process which treated you with respect as a candidate.

I was delighted to see an opportunity arise in my area with Peninsula due to the reputation of the company, I applied and the process was very smooth and swift.

Initial contact to advise whether short-listed or not
    Telephone interview
    Face to face interview and assessment all done in one

Both my interviewers were warm and friendly, it allowed me to open up in my interview and get the best from the experience. I was offered a drink upon arrival and the premises were smart, it felt like the kind of business I would be proud to work for (first impressions count!).

I wouldn't say it was the easiest process because there were a number of elements to the interview, including technical questions and a test, but it is a method which works as you would need to know the information to be able to answer these questions successfully. It has clearly been thought out.

I cannot praise my experience enough and the way I was kept updated throughout. I am looking forward to joining and having a long, rewarding career here.

Interview Questions

• Statutory employment law questions ie entitlements   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

Very good, welcoming, thorough interview - started with a phone interview lasted bout 25 mins then a skype call which went into detail of my history and CV and then a final interview at the very impressive head office in Manchester. Both of my interviewers were very welcoming - in the final interview was a presentation plus a role play. Given the chance to just present the role play or do it as a real scenario which was fair.

Very impressed with the company from start to finish!

Trainee Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

Application online. Phone Interview. Assessment Centre.

At the Assessment Centre there were three assessors and ten applicants, two of whom already worked at the company. We introduced ourselves with a brief talk. Then there were two brief exercises about what you would do in a certain situation. The only problem was that the two people who worked there already knew the answers as it was what they did. Finally, everyone had to give a thirty second 'elevator pitch' about why they would make a good solicitor. We were sent out while the assessors talked. Then the eight of us who didn't work there were told that we hadn't made it to the second round. The eight of us had taken days of work and had travelled there with no expenses paid.

Unimpressive.

HR Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

Firstly a telephone interview with recruitment team based on previous experiences in HR. The face to face interview included a role play, competency based questions and general questions about my experience. The assessors Kate & Emily made me feel very welcome, at ease and are very friendly . They do a great job at easing any nerves and giving you information about the job/company and the application process