Peninsula Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Peninsula Interview Questions

Updated 16 Feb, 2018

3.1

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)).

Interview

The first stage was a telephone interview with HR. The interview was structured and professional. This was two weeks ago and unfortunately no feedback provided and no response the message I left. I understand they are busy but it doesn’t take long to send a generic email when an application is unsuccessful

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this role?
      How will you seek new opportunities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peninsula.

Interview

Based on my experience the HR / Recruitment department is unprofessional. I suggest as a business they test their own processes and set up mystery applicants/interviews. They'll then be able to understand why I have written this post.

Employment Law Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Wonderful, clear process which treated you with respect as a candidate.

I was delighted to see an opportunity arise in my area with Peninsula due to the reputation of the company, I applied and the process was very smooth and swift.

Initial contact to advise whether short-listed or not
    Telephone interview
    Face to face interview and assessment all done in one

Both my interviewers were warm and friendly, it allowed me to open up in my interview and get the best from the experience. I was offered a drink upon arrival and the premises were smart, it felt like the kind of business I would be proud to work for (first impressions count!).

I wouldn't say it was the easiest process because there were a number of elements to the interview, including technical questions and a test, but it is a method which works as you would need to know the information to be able to answer these questions successfully. It has clearly been thought out.

I cannot praise my experience enough and the way I was kept updated throughout. I am looking forward to joining and having a long, rewarding career here.

Interview Questions

• Statutory employment law questions ie entitlements   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

Very good, welcoming, thorough interview - started with a phone interview lasted bout 25 mins then a skype call which went into detail of my history and CV and then a final interview at the very impressive head office in Manchester. Both of my interviewers were very welcoming - in the final interview was a presentation plus a role play. Given the chance to just present the role play or do it as a real scenario which was fair.

Very impressed with the company from start to finish!

Trainee Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

Application online. Phone Interview. Assessment Centre.

At the Assessment Centre there were three assessors and ten applicants, two of whom already worked at the company. We introduced ourselves with a brief talk. Then there were two brief exercises about what you would do in a certain situation. The only problem was that the two people who worked there already knew the answers as it was what they did. Finally, everyone had to give a thirty second 'elevator pitch' about why they would make a good solicitor. We were sent out while the assessors talked. Then the eight of us who didn't work there were told that we hadn't made it to the second round. The eight of us had taken days of work and had travelled there with no expenses paid.

Unimpressive.

HR Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

Firstly a telephone interview with recruitment team based on previous experiences in HR. The face to face interview included a role play, competency based questions and general questions about my experience. The assessors Kate & Emily made me feel very welcome, at ease and are very friendly . They do a great job at easing any nerves and giving you information about the job/company and the application process

Trainee Solicitor Assessment Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

I applied via Reed.co.uk (I sent over my CV); then telephone interview; then assessment centre with 3 assessors.

During the assessment centre, we were split into 2 groups and had 2 rather brief group presentations. The presentations were not at all challenging but required you to think very practically as well as commercially. After the presentation, we then had an individual assessment which was literally 30 seconds describing why you would be a successful solicitor. After that, the 'weaker' applicants were sent home, whilst the stronger ones were asked to stay over for an interview.

Overall, I enjoyed meeting the candidates. However, having said that, Peninsula isn't the right place for me. In fact, as soon as one of the assessors had finished giving the introductory presentation, I just knew I was ready to go home because it was not what I was expecting at all. But I am proud of myself for staying and attempting the assessments because at the end of the day, I was given the opportunity to attend my first assessment centre. So for that, thank you Peninsula!

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Peninsula (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Numerous phone calls and emails received spoke to recruitment who were in professional rushed and did not explain anything worst ever experienced and would not reply or give feedback very amateur

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Peninsula (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by Skype interview and final stage (held via video link). Very thorough interview but all questions were relevant to the role and how my experience matched the desired criteria. Preparation for the sales scenario was assisted by the recruitment team at Peninsula with plenty of time to spare. A tough interview but that is in keeping with how sales meetings will play out in the real world so was particularly relevant.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula.

Interview

Initial telephone screening. A few questions about background, experience etc, prior to potentially being invited for interview. Then a sit down interview with Head of team plus one other. Tough interview, but very fair. Those interviewing were honest and forthright, but also positive and gave good feedback as appropriate. Made me sure that they would only recruit the right sort of people.

Interview Questions

• CV-specific questions.
      Experience of conducting hearings.
      Strengths and weaknesses.
      Particular skills you think necessary to be a good Consultant.
      Some legal questions to test HR/employment law knowledge.   Answer Question