Peninsula Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Peninsula Interview Questions

Updated 13 Nov, 2017

3.1

Trainee Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

Application online. Phone Interview. Assessment Centre.

At the Assessment Centre there were three assessors and ten applicants, two of whom already worked at the company. We introduced ourselves with a brief talk. Then there were two brief exercises about what you would do in a certain situation. The only problem was that the two people who worked there already knew the answers as it was what they did. Finally, everyone had to give a thirty second 'elevator pitch' about why they would make a good solicitor. We were sent out while the assessors talked. Then the eight of us who didn't work there were told that we hadn't made it to the second round. The eight of us had taken days of work and had travelled there with no expenses paid.

Unimpressive.

HR Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

Firstly a telephone interview with recruitment team based on previous experiences in HR. The face to face interview included a role play, competency based questions and general questions about my experience. The assessors Kate & Emily made me feel very welcome, at ease and are very friendly . They do a great job at easing any nerves and giving you information about the job/company and the application process

Trainee Solicitor Assessment Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

I applied via Reed.co.uk (I sent over my CV); then telephone interview; then assessment centre with 3 assessors.

During the assessment centre, we were split into 2 groups and had 2 rather brief group presentations. The presentations were not at all challenging but required you to think very practically as well as commercially. After the presentation, we then had an individual assessment which was literally 30 seconds describing why you would be a successful solicitor. After that, the 'weaker' applicants were sent home, whilst the stronger ones were asked to stay over for an interview.

Overall, I enjoyed meeting the candidates. However, having said that, Peninsula isn't the right place for me. In fact, as soon as one of the assessors had finished giving the introductory presentation, I just knew I was ready to go home because it was not what I was expecting at all. But I am proud of myself for staying and attempting the assessments because at the end of the day, I was given the opportunity to attend my first assessment centre. So for that, thank you Peninsula!

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Peninsula (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Numerous phone calls and emails received spoke to recruitment who were in professional rushed and did not explain anything worst ever experienced and would not reply or give feedback very amateur

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Peninsula (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by Skype interview and final stage (held via video link). Very thorough interview but all questions were relevant to the role and how my experience matched the desired criteria. Preparation for the sales scenario was assisted by the recruitment team at Peninsula with plenty of time to spare. A tough interview but that is in keeping with how sales meetings will play out in the real world so was particularly relevant.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula.

Interview

Initial telephone screening. A few questions about background, experience etc, prior to potentially being invited for interview. Then a sit down interview with Head of team plus one other. Tough interview, but very fair. Those interviewing were honest and forthright, but also positive and gave good feedback as appropriate. Made me sure that they would only recruit the right sort of people.

Interview Questions

• CV-specific questions.
      Experience of conducting hearings.
      Strengths and weaknesses.
      Particular skills you think necessary to be a good Consultant.
      Some legal questions to test HR/employment law knowledge.   Answer Question

Recruitment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)) in August-2017.

Interview

Sent my CV across then had a brief phone call with the hiring manager about my situation, why I had applied to the role and what I knew about the company. Invited in for a face to face interview in the Head Office, offered the role later on that day.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peninsula (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June-2017.

Interview

Applied online and arranged a telephone interview within only a couple of days. All good so far.

Arranged a call for 4.30pm, once I had finished work; only for the recruiter to call at 4pm. I called back at 4.30pm to be told that she was unavailable. I requested a callback and also emailed to ask for another call.

A week has passed without any contact. Luckily I am not desperate to leave my current employer. I had heard very good things about Peninsula and wanted to see what they offered - unfortunately I did not find out.

Interview Questions

• What time do you want called at?   1 Answer

Graduate Employment Law Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England (UK)) in June-2017.

Interview

Submit cv/cover letter, some cases you had to submit an applicant video answering qs, if successful received a Call interview from the HR team and then if you were successful you were invited to assessment centre, group assessment&individual assessments. Final interview. After the assessment day applicants found out results within 2 working days.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula.

Interview

initially telephone interview, followed by 2 face face to face. initial stage on the telephone to discuss my experience/skills to date. 2nd interview involved behaviours questioning and roleplay