NiceJob Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

NiceJob Reviews

Updated May 31, 2019

4.4
NiceJob CEO Lars Kristensen (no image)
Lars Kristensen

"Fantastic company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at NiceJob part-time for less than a year

Pros

I am loving how much I learn each day, and that I feel challenged everyday. I appreciate the on going training that the company provides, and as a start up things are handled very quickly, and improved in a matter of days. You work with great people that are not in a competition with you but rather are willing and ready to help you grow. I love that I constantly receive feedback, and I feel valued for my work. They... also value your talents, and try to help you reach your potential. Management is fantastic and very easy to work with. Thank you for being so approachable. Fantastic company.

Cons

None that I can find at this moment

Advice to Management

Continue to treat each employee the way you are, even as you continue to grow and also have remote workers. It really makes them feel part of the team.

NiceJob2019-05-31

"Come to NiceJob for a nice job!"

I have been working at NiceJob full-time

Pros

NiceJob is a small company growing fast, so you have a lot of flexibility in what you choose to accomplish and how you do so. The day-to-day is engaging and I'm happy to come into work. At the end of the day, you need to feel inspired not only by the work, but also the people that you work alongside. NiceJob has put together a team that is just as personally supportive as it is professionally driven. I was a... new grad at the time of hiring and was given a chance to prove myself and show my worth. If you can demonstrate potential, you will be given room to grow your skills and flourish. Other Pros: - Great benefits package - Competitive salary - Flexible work hours (occasional work from home)

Cons

Because there are a lot of changes and growth, you need to be self motivated and be able to take initiative. No one is going to be breathing down your neck, you need to be a self starter.

NiceJob2019-03-14

"Very happy to have made the move to NiceJob :)"

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at NiceJob full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I come from a background in the hospitality industry and am loving it here at NiceJob. - I am provided flexible work with options to occasionally work from home, and have variable hours when needed. - There is a culture of personal growth and I can tell that they really care that I improve over time and grow with the company. - One of my favourite aspects is that I can really ask any question or have a... meeting with any employee, even the CEO, and they care and listen to what I have to say and provided me honest feedback. Such a stark difference from what I am familiar with in hotels. - Also I am very happy with how the team-building happens, with shared lunches, after work ping pong games and monthly outings!

Cons

- Things are changing frequently and you need to be flexible. - With a small team you have to wear a lot of hats and know how to prioritize.

NiceJob2019-02-15

February 16, 2019Director of Growth

Thank you for the great review! We love that you're happy you made the switch from hospitality to us because having staff with a diversity of experiences and cultures is important and valued here at NiceJob. The fact that we strive to make sure everyone is respected and has their opinions and ideas heard is one of the things we're most proud about in terms of our culture - and it's one of the things that makes working in a startup great!

"Uncomfortable work environment"

I worked at NiceJob full-time

Pros

Some great and talented people work at this company.

Cons

The most important takeaways I would like to convey to anyone considering a position at NiceJob, is that the management team has a history of misogynistic tendencies and have treated employees with little respect. Complaints of harassment, including racist remarks, fall on deaf ears, and I would especially like to warn women as myself and others have experienced inappropriate comments and actions. I would... strongly urge anyone considering working with NiceJob to think twice and look for other opportunities.

Advice to Management

I think it is unfair to advertise yourselves as an open and honest workplace when myself and others have experienced first-hand that inappropriate actions are overlooked if it is inconvenient for management to confront them. Working for this company was extremely saddening and disappointing.

NiceJob2019-01-26

March 13, 2019Founder

This reviews is blatantly false. The views expressed by the reviewer are not an honest description of NiceJob, rather they are an attack on the company due to a personal difference the reviewer had with a co-worker on her team. Not to mention the reviewer has had a friend also leave this same review, so now their are two reviews on Glassdoor motivated by the same person. 50% of the managers at NiceJob are women, and they've left their honest feedback in many of the other reviews found here at Glassdoor. Our CEO & founder spends over 1000 hours a year volunteer teaching in communities around the world to help those that are less fortunate. Our team consists of amazing men and women from different cultures, countries and backgrounds. We're incredibly proud of every one of them, and together they make NiceJob the company it is. We can't stop Glassdoor from being yet another medium on the internet for the spread of misinformation and lies. But we can point potential new team members to where they can go if they want to learn what kind of company and culture NiceJob truly has. Come to our office and say hi. Talk to the team, it will quickly become apparent what the truth of the matter really is.

"A driven & growing company"

Current Employee - Convert Strategist

I have been working at NiceJob full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love my position here. NiceJob is made up of an incredible group of motivated professionals. Each are experts in their field, and the team gels together great. The product - review software & awesomely designed websites - is fantastic ... as our raving customers testify to. Working with so many happy customers brings great job satisfaction and tangible excitement to the team. NiceJob is very customer... focused, so our product is constantly improving, with new features being added - which is pretty impressive when it's already the best product on the market! That push for excellence makes for an energetic and driven working environment. Anyone coming to NiceJob should be looking for a fit with a productive, working hard team. The office is located in a great area of Gastown. The benefits package is excellent and completely free to each staff member. I'd highly recommend working at NiceJob ... which leads me to address the comments the ex-employees who've written a couple of untrue reviews. It's a close-knit company, so the comments are hurtful to the whole team. Currently in the office itself is a 50/50 split of male and female employees. Opportunities for growth are equally available to both sexes, with 2 of the 5 managers being female. In my female opinion none of the male staff members have acted inappropriately. The 2 female members who left, planned to leave on the same day - which incidentally was giving 0 days notice! Their departure, with no notice whatsoever, was unkind to their co-workers, as everyone else was left to pick up the unfinished work.

Cons

Sometimes things can get really busy

NiceJob2018-11-27

December 3, 2018Founder

Thanks for taking the time to write you review of NiceJob. We're so proud of everyone on the team, we're very privileged to have a truly amazing group of people working here!

"Great company vision"

I have been working at NiceJob full-time

Pros

Limitless learning potential! NiceJob is very focused on helping you realize your potential and lets you work on projects that you're truly passionate about.

Cons

No cons to report for now.

NiceJob2018-10-12

"Negative experience and environment"

Former Employee - CSM in Vancouver, BC

I worked at NiceJob full-time for less than a year

Pros

A good business idea Some very smart people working at the company

Cons

Although the majority of the reviews that NiceJob has on here are positive, my experience was beyond disappointing and I feel that I must share my experiences. Also to note, take the positive reviews with a grain of salt as writing a glass door review is an employee onboarding requirement and new employees are forced to write reviews. I started with NiceJob when the company was only a few people and I worked... very closely with both the CEO and the person in charge of Growth. My first negative experience was when I(female) was asked to share a room with my (male) coworker (who I reported to) during a 5 day long convention. I initially agreed thinking that it was to cut company costs but soon after this decision was made, he started acting inappropriately towards me. I felt very uncomfortable about having to share a room with him and after much thought, I decided to confide in the CEO thinking that he would immediately rectify the situation to make me feel more comfortable by getting separate rooms. To my disbelief, I was told by the CEO to essentially “get over it and accept my decision I had made to share the room in the first place”. I was also told to take my “responsibility” in the situation. At this point, I told them upfront that I had never been treated this way or had been put in this situation before. Putting separate genders in the same room together, especially when it’s an employee and a manager had never been a common practice in any place of work I have been in. After they dismissed my request for a separate room, they proceeded to take the costs of the trip out of my bonus and the CEO told me that this is why my bonus was lower than it should have been. At this point, I was utterly shocked and decided to start looking elsewhere for work. There were multiple racial, sexist, and inappropriate remarks made by senior management towards me and others. He took screenshots of my photos on social media and would comment inappropriately on them. I mentioned to him multiple times over the course of my employment that he should be acting more respectfully and consider the feelings of others. He saw this as a joke and the CEO never took serious action on this after it was mentioned multiple times to him as well. Many of the benefits and perks that are advertised are simply for show and not actually implemented such as the benefits. During my employment at NiceJob, they never actually implemented a benefits package even after multiple requests from their employees. Work from home time is also only given after the probation period is over and is micromanaged thereafter. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere for employment.

NiceJob2018-11-14

November 19, 2018Founder

This review is simply not true. The employee had a personal difference with a another team member, and is trying to take revenge by attacking the team members company. The best way to know the truth about NiceJob is read the reviews by the rest of our team, or come by our office and meet the team in person! The above review does not represent our culture in any way. We're very proud of the diversity of our team which is composed of incredible people, male and female, from many different cultures and countries. The amazing group of people that work at NiceJob are the heart and sole of our company, and we're proud of every one of them. The above reviewer was one of these valued members of our team. We don't engage in mudslinging otherwise we'd respond with the real motivation behind her negative review and the inappropriate actions of this employee. We hope her all the best in her career, she has great talents and hopefully will find the right fit at another company. We will though clarify a few items from the above review that are simply not true though. The sexist remarks in question we took very seriously. Other female members of the team however did not feel they were in any way inappropriate. The racist remarks mentioned in the review were never brought forward to management. Over 50% of our team is from other countries and continents, and our founder spent over 10 years living and volunteering in under developed countries around the world. There is zero basis for this accusation, which we find very disturbing and insulting to all the members of our team. Her performance bonus' was based solely on meeting KPI's, the reviewer missed her KPI's and therefore didn't qualify for these bonus'. We chose to still reward her with a partial bonus despite missing her KPI's. She is correct that her benefits plan was setup 2 months late which we are sorry for, but she was provided a comprehensive benefits plan. Unfortunately, she chose not to provide her information to our insurer to give her coverage. As this employee came to work for a tech company while having no tech experience she required extensive training. Unfortunately, she viewed her training as micro management. Not every company is the right fit for every person. We sincerely hope she finds a fit that helps her fully realize the talents she has, she has the potential to achieve really great things.

"A fantastic place to work, learn and grow!"

Current Employee - Convert Web Strategist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at NiceJob full-time for less than a year

Pros

NiceJob has a really wonderful culture with a team who all share a common mentality and goal which is to help others. You learn so much from each other and I thoroughly enjoy coming to work everyday! It is such a pleasure to be a part of.

Cons

I am happy to report that I have not found any!

NiceJob2018-09-26

September 27, 2018Director of Growth

Aww thank you! It's such a pleasure for us to see reviews like this. Thanks for being part of the team - you make it a pleasure for us too!!

"Full-Stack Developer"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at NiceJob full-time for less than a year

Pros

A company focused on hiring the right people, giving them responsibility, and trusting them to fulfill it. A focus on doing things the right way: not through buckshot but through consideration and understanding – the first-principles approach. If you like to learn, to hone your craft, and to apply your knowledge, you'll thrive here. The company has a thorough and well-tuned vision that I'm happy to help see through.

Cons

Nothing to complain about thus far.

NiceJob2018-08-31

September 27, 2018Director of Growth

Thanks for the great review! We're glad you align well with the vision - keep up the great work!

"I actually get energized working here, and the team is really fun/hardworking!"

Director of Growth in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at NiceJob for less than a year

Pros

- Fast career growth - Always doing something new - Great management & warm Founder - Competitive Salary - Flexible work - Opportunity to make an impact - Awesome culture - Just generally a great place to work

Cons

- It's a lot of work, but this is to be expected, it's a startup, so it's not for everyone. We still highly value work-life balance, however, you'll just get more of it working a job that's less exciting, worse for your career, and not as impactful.

NiceJob2018-06-18