NiceJob Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 26 November, 2018

4.5
Lars Kristensen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A driven & growing company"

Current Employee - Convert Strategist
    Current Employee - Convert Strategist

I have been working at NiceJob full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my position here. NiceJob is made up of an incredible group of motivated professionals. Each are experts in their field, and the team gels together great. The product - review software & awesomely designed websites - is fantastic ... as our raving customers testify to. Working with so many happy customers brings great job satisfaction and tangible excitement to the team.

NiceJob is very customer focused, so our product is constantly improving, with new features being added - which is pretty impressive when it's already the best product on the market! That push for excellence makes for an energetic and driven working environment. Anyone coming to NiceJob should be looking for a fit with a productive, working hard team. The office is located in a great area of Gastown. The benefits package is excellent and completely free to each staff member.

I'd highly recommend working at NiceJob ... which leads me to address the comments the ex-employees who've written a couple of untrue reviews. It's a close-knit company, so the comments are hurtful to the whole team. Currently in the office itself is a 50/50 split of male and female employees. Opportunities for growth are equally available to both sexes, with 2 of the 5 managers being female. In my female opinion none of the male staff members have acted inappropriately. The 2 female members who left, planned to leave on the same day - which incidentally was giving 0 days notice! Their departure, with no notice whatsoever, was unkind to their co-workers, as everyone else was left to pick up the unfinished work.

Cons

Sometimes things can get really busy

3 Dec, 2018 – Founder

Thanks for taking the time to write you review of NiceJob. We're so proud of everyone on the team, we're very privileged to have a truly amazing group of people working here!

"Great company vision"

I have been working at NiceJob full-time

Pros

Limitless learning potential! NiceJob is very focused on helping you realize your potential and lets you work on projects that you're truly passionate about.

Cons

No cons to report for now.

"Negative experience and environment"

Former Employee - CSM in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - CSM in Vancouver, BC

I worked at NiceJob full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good business idea
    Some very smart people working at the company

Cons

Although the majority of the reviews that NiceJob has on here are positive, my experience was beyond disappointing and I feel that I must share my experiences. Also to note, take the positive reviews with a grain of salt as writing a glass door review is an employee onboarding requirement and new employees are forced to write reviews.

I started with NiceJob when the company was only a few people and I worked very closely with both the CEO and the person in charge of Growth. My first negative experience was when I(female) was asked to share a room with my (male) coworker (who I reported to) during a 5 day long convention. I initially agreed thinking that it was to cut company costs but soon after this decision was made, he started acting inappropriately towards me. I felt very uncomfortable about having to share a room with him and after much thought, I decided to confide in the CEO thinking that he would immediately rectify the situation to make me feel more comfortable by getting separate rooms. To my disbelief, I was told by the CEO to essentially “get over it and accept my decision I had made to share the room in the first place”. I was also told to take my “responsibility” in the situation. At this point, I told them upfront that I had never been treated this way or had been put in this situation before. Putting separate genders in the same room together, especially when it’s an employee and a manager had never been a common practice in any place of work I have been in.

After they dismissed my request for a separate room, they proceeded to take the costs of the trip out of my bonus and the CEO told me that this is why my bonus was lower than it should have been. At this point, I was utterly shocked and decided to start looking elsewhere for work.

There were multiple racial, sexist, and inappropriate remarks made by senior management towards me and others. He took screenshots of my photos on social media and would comment inappropriately on them. I mentioned to him multiple times over the course of my employment that he should be acting more respectfully and consider the feelings of others. He saw this as a joke and the CEO never took serious action on this after it was mentioned multiple times to him as well.

Many of the benefits and perks that are advertised are simply for show and not actually implemented such as the benefits. During my employment at NiceJob, they never actually implemented a benefits package even after multiple requests from their employees. Work from home time is also only given after the probation period is over and is micromanaged thereafter. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere for employment.

19 Nov, 2018 – Founder

This review is simply not true. The employee had a personal difference with a another team member, and is trying to take revenge by attacking the team members company.

The best way to know the... More

"A fantastic place to work, learn and grow!"

Current Employee - Convert Web Strategist in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Convert Web Strategist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at NiceJob full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NiceJob has a really wonderful culture with a team who all share a common mentality and goal which is to help others. You learn so much from each other and I thoroughly enjoy coming to work everyday! It is such a pleasure to be a part of.

Cons

I am happy to report that I have not found any!

27 Sep, 2018 – Director of Growth

Aww thank you! It's such a pleasure for us to see reviews like this. Thanks for being part of the team - you make it a pleasure for us too!!

"Full-Stack Developer"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at NiceJob full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A company focused on hiring the right people, giving them responsibility, and trusting them to fulfill it. A focus on doing things the right way: not through buckshot but through consideration and understanding – the first-principles approach. If you like to learn, to hone your craft, and to apply your knowledge, you'll thrive here. The company has a thorough and well-tuned vision that I'm happy to help see through.

Cons

Nothing to complain about thus far.

27 Sep, 2018 – Director of Growth

Thanks for the great review! We're glad you align well with the vision - keep up the great work!

"I actually get energized working here, and the team is really fun/hardworking!"

Current Employee - Director of Growth in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Director of Growth in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at NiceJob (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fast career growth
    - Always doing something new
    - Great management & warm Founder
    - Competitive Salary
    - Flexible work
    - Opportunity to make an impact
    - Awesome culture
    - Just generally a great place to work

Cons

- It's a lot of work, but this is to be expected, it's a startup, so it's not for everyone. We still highly value work-life balance, however, you'll just get more of it working a job that's less exciting, worse for your career, and not as impactful.

"Wonderful and Quick!"

Current Employee - Web/Graphic Designer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Web/Graphic Designer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at NiceJob full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nicejob allows you to be creative, and free in your role while also having a support team that is absolutely amazing!

Cons

You must be willing to put your time and effort in! As a start up, you need to work to succeed with the business too.

"Awesome interview process"

Current Employee - Web Designer & Content Marketer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Web Designer & Content Marketer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at NiceJob full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-You'll be doing work that is truly helping people
    -You'll have lots of freedom and flexibility in your role
    -You'll have a voice in the company and you'll always know you are heard

Cons

-Very fast paced (could easily be a "Pro" depending on your personality!)

2 May, 2018 – Director of Growth

Love that you talked about how we help people. It's great to see our culture shining through our amazing staff!

"Relationship Manager"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at NiceJob full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and also protective of that culture so chances of working with like minded people is highly likely which is great.
    Youthful and fun environment
    Encouraged to think for yourself and individual ideas are valued.
    Really helpful leadership.

Cons

Could be a steep learning curve for someone not coming from a Tech background.

2 May, 2018 – Director of Growth

Thanks for the feedback! :)

"NiceJob is really nice!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer, Backend in Denpasar (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer, Backend in Denpasar (Indonesia)

I have been working at NiceJob full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work culture, great team member and it is fast growing company.
    Always open to new tech update to make the app up to date.
    The Job is challenging, so you will never get bored by your routine.
    There will always something new to learn everyday.

Cons

Nothing cons so far, I enjoy to work here :)