Me To We Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Me To We Reviews

Updated Dec 17, 2019

3.7
Me To We CEO Roxanne Joyal (no image)
Roxanne Joyal
Pros
  • "Lots of professional development opportunities to develop a range of hard and soft skills(in 8 reviews)

• "Lots of responsibility at a young age, exposure to a well known social enterprise, very good people and talented too(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance at different points of the year(in 16 reviews)

• "Fast paced and can be stressful especially the changing priorities(in 5 reviews)

1. "Awesome Organization with Growth Opportunities"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Me To We full-time

Pros

- great people to work alongside everyday - unique travel opportunities - great skill development

Cons

- work life balance at different points of the year

Me To We2019-12-17
  2. "Me to we"

Former Employee - Trip Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I worked at Me To We full-time for more than a year

Pros

Support for career development and lots of great opportunities within organization.

Cons

Bad pay, expectation to work overtime and devote even personal life to the organization

Me To We2019-09-13
  3. "Some great perks, but not a place for a long term career"

Former Employee - Travel Specialist in Toronto, ON

I worked at Me To We full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Opportunity to facilitate trips abroad - Young and passionate work force - Great guest speakers

Cons

- The Founders micromanage all facets of the organization - Very hierarchical - Experience varies from team to team; little consistency across the organization.

Me To We2019-08-24
  4. "Great company to start"

Former Employee - Web Developer Co-op in Toronto, ON

I worked at Me To We full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good management Good learning environment and nice Colleagues

Cons

As a beginner in my carrier, I found everything good here

Me To We2019-06-19

"Great place for growth opportunity"

Former Employee - Management in Toronto, ON

I worked at Me To We full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most management staff will go the extra mile for you if you are equally invested in learning from them and doing great work. There is a lot to do and if you are a team player you will be rewarded. There are tons of opportunities to take on projects that are outside of your day-to-day job. This can lead to further professional development and mentorship opportunities.

Cons

There are a lot of staff who feel that they are entitled to promotions and salary increases faster than they should expect it. There is a lot of work to be done and staff work hard, but that doesn't mean that everyone is going to get promoted or salary increases on a yearly or consistent basis. A lot of staff just aren't realistic with their expectations and they then leave the company which, unfortunately, leave those behind to pick up the pieces, which means even more work. Cross departmental or cross segment collaboration is really tough. Every department operates under different standards and expectations. There could be more streamlined management techniques, cultural expectations, office policies, etc. to help ease this collaboration.

Me To We2019-05-06

"Working at the We Store"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Toronto, ON

I worked at Me To We part-time for more than a year

Pros

-a part time sales job where you can feel good about the products and the cause -beautiful products -opportunity for growth

Cons

-can feel disappointed by treatment from office employees

Me To We2019-04-29
  7. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I worked at Me To We full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of responsibility given to me as a recent graduate. Great first career job.

Cons

Heavy workload resulting in lack of work/life balance. Low rate of pay.

Me To We2019-04-08
  8. "Product Manager"

I have been working at Me To We full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity for learning

Cons

Growth within company is not clear

Me To We2019-04-07
  9. "Great Job with Amazing Trips"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Me To We full-time

Pros

My favorite part about working at Me to We has got to be the travel associated with the job, always something I wanted from a job.

Cons

Have to burn a lot of creative energy, so make sure you take time to recharge as you will need it.

Me To We2019-03-19

"Facilitator: felt unsafe and unorganized"

Former Employee - Facilitator in Toronto, ON

I worked at Me To We full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Educating youth on social justice issues.

Cons

Pre-trip: very disorganized department scheduling the trip. I was asked to lie to the consulate to facilitate the planning and make it easier to get a visa. During the trip: - The way I was greeted by the on-site team was very disorganized and unsupportive. I had just taken a 22 hours flight and once arrived in the country, the staff was two hours late to meet me, I didn't have money to get around or water to drink. - The team on-site was a team of two. The two of them were married. So they had each other's back when I needed to give feedback, they both were making excuses to whatever complaints the participants of the trip had instead of finding a solution. - Rash on the head from sleeping with house centipedes: I got stung on my head 5 times in the same night while sleeping. The rash was bloody, inflamed and you could see the teeth marks and I was told by my manager that I probably needed to change shampoo. - While we were visiting the Shaolin temple, a man teaching my participants martial art invited one of them (a 14 year old girl) on a trip with him to Thailand. - Unsafe transportation vehicles, some safety belts were broken in the buses. I had to accompany a child traveling with my group to the hospital and the driver didn't have any seatbelts in the vehicle and was driving in the opposite lane. It wasn't an emergency and was telling him to stay in his lane and slow down but the translator (who was from the country) said it was normal behavior for this country. I understand it might be normal for the country, but it my job is to bring this child back and alive to his family. So not having a seatbelt on or driving fast in other lanes was unsafe and the child was very nervous, wasn't a good experience for them.

Me To We2019-03-10

Me To We Response

March 28, 2019Chief Operations Director

We are very sorry to hear this was your experience when facilitating with us and we genuinely apologize, it is never our intention for our valued facilitators to feel unsafe. We’ve gone through our HR and facilitation records and we don’t have a complaint matching your description. With that being said, this posting has resulted in a formal review process (which is a standard process when a facilitator or guest has a serious concern). We would appreciate having greater detail from you. If you feel comfortable, please reach out to me at russ.mcleod@we.org. ME to WE’s first priority is safety for both travelers and facilitators. When issues like this arise they trigger a formal review process that results in the appropriate changes to standard operating procedures as well as choices in vendors and activities. Part of our safety measures include; vetting all third party accommodations/transportation companies, extensive training with our in-country staff and facilitators with a heavy focus on risk management. In addition, our 24/7 emergency phone team is in continuous contact with our in-country teams and always available for facilitators to call. We also provide space for facilitators to share their feedback through post-trip reporting and the ability to debrief their experience directly with our senior staff. Feel free to visit our website for more information on our safety standards. https://www.metowe.com/trips/volunteer-travel/youth-trips/parents-guardians/ Specifically to speak to the transportation concerns you shared we have full SOP’s that outline that every person in a vehicle needs to have a seatbelt and we will replace vehicles with our providers if they are found to not meet these standards. Our expectation is that no vehicles are used unless every person has a working seatbelt as we take road safety very seriously. We apologize you or any guests had anything less than an amazing experience and we want you to be rest assured that we are taking action on your feedback. Again, we’d encourage you to speak with us to ensure we’ve accounted for your concerns appropriately.

Found 93 reviews