Maropost Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2020

3.7
Maropost CEO Ross Andrew
Ross Andrew
Pros
  • "Cab facility , gym facility, friday party,monthly outing(in 13 reviews)

• "Good work environment but only fo people who have the fire to work not for 9-6 type people(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • " no job security (in 9 reviews)

• "No job security- can be fired anytime without any prior notice(in 9 reviews)

"My company makes me feel valued"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Maropost full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing staff! Collaborative, encouraging...I actually enjoy going to work here. New ideas treated with respect and enthusiasm.

Cons

Competitive industry which is constantly evolving. Always challenging staying on top of shifting customer needs.

January 29, 2020Maropost

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for the incredible work you do on our Product team. Everyone should have the chance to do fulfilling work that brings them a sense of purpose. Collaborative teamwork makes that possible. We look forward to your continued contribution to Maropost.

"Terrible Place To Work"

1.0
    Former Employee - Front End Developer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Maropost full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people you work with are great people

Cons

No job security. Convinced me to stay after I sent letter of resignation, just to let all developers go 3 weeks later

"Worst Company to work at!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Maropost full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Office is nice - Weekly lunches

Cons

- Not worth working at Maropost. All of the good reviews are fake. Never join this company. - No Job security, They will fire you at any time. No actual bonus.

4. "Good but can be better"

I have been working at Maropost full-time

Pros

Values customer feedback. A very collaborative team and learning environment.

Cons

Headed in the right direction but still a lot of room for nurturing talents, goal setting and better financial compensation.

April 27, 2020VP, People

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are an organization of continuous growth and improvement and we will continue to focus our attentions on recognizing, developing and growing our employees. Thank you for sharing about your experience with us to date.

"Exciting company to work for"

Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Maropost full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Maropost for awhile now and my everyday feeling when I go to work is excitement and inspiration because of how fast growing and strong this company is. I like to work for young, successful people since that’s our future. I feel that I have my change to grow here and that makes me even more motivated to do a great job on a daily basis.

Cons

For a few months ago there was a few employees that didn't bring a lot of positivity to the table and that created a negative vibe overall.

January 29, 2020Maropost

Thank you for your hard work and taking the time to write this review. This is a special place, filled with a ton of opportunities for those that want to learn. We are moving quickly so new responsibilities abound! Continue to provide feedback on areas we can do better.

"Top notch work environment"

Current Employee - Designer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Maropost full-time for more than a year

Pros

Super fun/ young workforce. Everyone’s super motivated and excited to a great company. Management does a great job making everyone feel as a team working toward one goal.

Cons

Tough industry to stay on top of latest trends/ Products. Fast moving competitive company.

January 29, 2020Maropost

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I agree with you, motivation is everything. We will take your advice and continue to push the team here to learn, ship and be better. We'll keep at it along side you!

"Digital / video marketer"

Former Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I worked at Maropost full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started working here at the end of 2018 and it’s been an absolute privilege since day one. The overall productivity within the Toronto office has increased in the 13 months I’ve been on board. There’s constant work related functions and my colleagues feel more like friends / family. Management is super transparent holding frequent meetings to ensure everyone’s on the same page and working toward the same vision. Super fast paced company that sees no end in sight!

Cons

A few misguided employees who internally put a damper on the positive nature within the office. Thankfully they are now ex-employees.

January 29, 2020Maropost

Thank you for your review, we are glad you feel so strongly about Maropost and I am glad you took time to write this. We are excited as well that you are enjoying the changes we are making and the fast pace we strive towards, if you have any additional feedback please do let us know. Fortunately the past is behind us and as you can see we are back on track toward the vision we are all very excited about, we'll keep growing with you!

"Chaotic - Typical revolving door workplace"

2.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Maropost full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team, the employees are the best part about this place. Company has a decent product but needs a lot of work and upgrades and meaningful features. But current focus is only on primarily changing the UI. Let's move to the cons section below!

Cons

Constant restructuring and upheaval. Has a history of high turnover over the past couple of years, more than what is expected of a typical startup. Clearly points to the inability of the leadership to draft long term plans. Entire departments are let go if there is no immediate need for those roles. And they will be hired again in a few months because no product company can run without a Sales, Marketing or HR department. And financially, the company is doing pretty well which makes all the dismissals even worse. There is no culture of nurturing talent and helping employees grow. There is zero emphasis on employee retention, they are instead treated as if they are disposable tools. (Which is really crazy because Toronto's talent pool is small and engineers are highly valued in the market.) If the leadership wakes up and realizes that employees can be their biggest asset if valued and nurtured right, there might still be hope for this company. We currently don't have an HR department (direct & indirect dismissal). I think the absence of an HR dept speaks volumes about how much Human Resources are valued at this company. If the company, instead of defending itself on Glassdoor or constantly sending out NPS surveys (and tossing the results out the window), instead, takes a second to enforce even one of the recommendations being communicated by its employees, that would be a step in the positive direction. The technical leadership at Maropost is sorely lacking. There is no proper direction or goals established at the department level. And if a project idea suddenly gets approved, it is prioritized over all else and is stamped with unrealistic deadlines by the leadership with no care for the valuable input from the technical teams. These unrealistic deadlines are enforced with no technically feasible roadmap of how this is to be achieved. The deliberate overpromising on deliverables really hit team morale and health. And when those deadlines are nearing and the leadership realizes that the project is nowhere close to completion, the employees are made to overtime (50 hr weeks) with no additional compensation save for a conditional $100 bonus IF the project meets deadlines. (Previous Glassdoor response from management mentions that employees are being compensated fairly for working overtime, please refer to the $100 above. ) And the focus has always been on speed and never the quality of the deliverables. Because quality products takes time but that is not a smart tradeoff to make for long term growth. Overall, the company has poor morale and offers no job security at the moment and the company culture is non-existent and we are all being led by leadership from completely non-technical background who don't understand software development workflows. All of the above points to a demonstrated inability to plan - plan deadlines, plan long term, plan technical goals. That needs to be addressed!

"Great company overall"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Maropost full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team, knowledgeable in the field, lots of growth.

Cons

A few frustrating clients, lots of growing pains.

January 29, 2020Maropost

Thank you for writing this review! We are certainly very proud of our team at Maropost and will continue to provide growth opportunities for the team! As you know Support & Product are our main pillars at Maropost so we'll certainly keep building and iterating on them to elevate our platforms for our users and the team that supports them. Please do check'in to share further feedback when you can!

"Incredible Experience, Amazing Product,"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I worked at Maropost full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel fortunate that I had that opportunity to spend over 2.5 great years at Maropost! It was amazing being a part of such a fast growing and innovative company that is disrupting the Martech industry. If you are willing to put the work in, you will learn a lot very quickly and advance your skillset and career extremely fast. Maropost has an amazing product that clearly stands out against competitors. If you are a sales person who thrives off hunting for opportunities and getting prospects excited, you will love working at Maropost. Current and prospect customers are always blown away by Maropost's feature set, customer service, and upcoming roadmap.

Cons

The most successful employees work smart, work hard, and are dynamic given the fact that companies growing at this rate are constantly changing. If you arn't up for working hard and being challenged at times, Maropost may not be a fit for you.

Found 130 reviews