MD Financial Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

MD Financial Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2019

4.3
MD Financial CEO Katherine Vessenes (no image)
Katherine Vessenes

"employee"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at MD Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great environment scope for growth good beneifts

Cons

limited opportunity for growth in the company

MD Financial2018-07-29
  2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Lead Client Service Manager in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at MD Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at MD Financial for about 2 and a half years. This is a great company to work for if you are looking for a place to grow your career and work with people who become like family to you! Our culture is very unique and we really focus on every individual's career goals. The work/life balance is awesome. Katherine and Peter have really done a great job of creating a company that cares about their employees and they have a great plan for the future of the business.

Cons

I do not have any cons of working here

MD Financial2019-06-21
  3. "Sales Assistant and Chief of Staff to Katherine Vessenes"

I worked at MD Financial full-time

Pros

The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business . This was by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked for. Katherine and Josh are professional, hard working and some of the best in the business. They consider their clients and their employees family. It was an honor to work for them both, I can't tell you how much you will learn when working here.

Cons

did not have any con's about my time at MD Financial

MD Financial2018-04-03
  4. "Love this job!"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at MD Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

MD Financial really cares about each individual employee and their specific career goals and strives to help them reach that goal. The team is great and like a family. The work we do is very rewarding, and our culture and values as a company are very unique. I always look forward to coming to work every morning.

Cons

Not necessarily a downside, but we are always bringing in new clients so we are very busy! You will never be bored :)

MD Financial2018-02-07
  5. "Wonderful Work Environment"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at MD Financial part-time

Pros

MD Financial is a wonderful place to work with supportive co-workers. One of the unique things about MD Financial within the financial services industry is that they truly care about each individual client, and go above and beyond in delivering top quality service. They have great systems in place to ensure success, and are are willing and able to be flexible and adjust processes when needed.

Cons

I think the only con would be for a person who isn't interested in working in a small business. Some people prefer to work in a corporate environment, and that is not what MD Financial will offer you. However, if you like working in an office with a dedicated team and want an opportunity to be involved in the 'big picture' you would really enjoy working at MD Financial.

6. "Client Services"

I have been working at MD Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great place to work! The firm is committed to helping each of our team members grow and develop skills to reach our own individual goals while we work together and have fun. We use cutting edge technology that makes our jobs easier and gives our clients real time access to their information. It's a small firm so we all work closely together and appreciate one another.

Cons

It's a very fast paced and career oriented environment so it may not be the right place for someone looking for a "job".

7. "Controller"

Current Employee - Controller in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at MD Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

These owners truly care about their employees. They take the time to listen and teach each employee as to reach there goals.

Cons

If you don't want to work hard this is no the place for you.

MD Financial2017-09-28
  8. "Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at MD Financial full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great people, very ethical owners, and it's growing with a focus on doing what's right for clients. Every day is a blast. Most of my colleagues and I regularly comment how the time flys. My colleagues are awesome, we work hard, but we have fun doing it. The owners have done a great job focusing on a good culture and I feel like even thought it's a smaller business there's a career track. I've never been at a place where they get so many client referrals. It keeps us busy, but I think the clients appreciate the work we do. I like how going above and beyond for our clients is rewarded. Every clients matters too, not just the wealthier ones. There's a large focus on doing what's right for the client.

Cons

I think any challenges someone might have would have to do with the type of company. It's a smaller business, so if you're the type that likes the giant corporate feel it might not be a fit.

MD Financial2017-09-14
  9. "Great People, Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at MD Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

The CEO and staff are welcoming and love to help everyone learn and grow in their position. Fast paced, customer-oriented, hard working and rewarding. Truly care about their people! Very ethical, mentoring, fun, team-based culture. Their process and care for the clients is amazing. I learned unbelievable skills and work ethic from their management.

Cons

Level of work can be great at times however, my personal growth made it worth while. Growing rapidly so expectations of work quality are high.

MD Financial2016-10-28
  10. "Great place to be!"

I have been working at MD Financial

Pros

Working at MD Financial was one of the best choices I have ever made. I was looking for a place that was moral, ethical, mentored their employees, and valued people on a personal and professional level. You could almost say a home. MD Financial has provided that. They only do what is in the best interests of their clients. The advisors do not push certain products just for the incentive it may provide. Culture is one of the most important things at the office. They believe in getting your work done, but also having fun. We will spend time going for walks, having a barbecue, or getting together for happy hour. Everyone working at MD Financial is interested in reaching new heights. There are many career opportunities. Some of these include being an advisor, operations manager, insurance specialist, or general manager. The executive team gives each employee the mentorship they desire to reach their full potential. Honestly, there are hard days and things aren't perfect, but it is an incredibly rewarding place to work.

Cons

There are always some downsides. One of the downsides is that the advisors are so good at what they do; they attract at least one new client a week, sometimes multiple clients. A great thing for business, but it can be hard on the staff at times. It requires a significant amount of organization, discipline, and communication to keep up with the workload. However, the team is more than willing to set in and help if it is needed.

MD Financial2016-10-25