Livewire Communications Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2021

4.4
Livewire Communications President Mark Attard (no image)
Mark Attard
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Time to BE A Part of Something Big!

Mar 24, 2021 - Producer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Growth happening fast! - Lots of excitement to come

Cons

- None really. Overall good enviorment

2. 5.0

Fabulous Place to Work

Jan 13, 2021 - Client Partner in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture Incredible Leadership Team Inclusive Progressive, forward thinking company

Cons

none - checks all the boxes and more.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Do NOT waste your time and energy working at Livewire. Keep looking...you will find something 100x better. Trust me

Aug 18, 2020 - Account Director in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are a few (2 or 3) hidden gems that work at Livewire

Cons

Many things are not right with this place. Starting with the Top (management) - down to most of their employees. Very highschoolish, very very, extremely "old school" thinking. Hierarchy at it's finest. Many people are not happy there....but are there for a pay check.

Livewire Communications Response

VP Research and Innovation

Sorry to hear your experience at Livewire wasn’t what you’d hoped it would be. We are proud of our exceptional people, their excellent work for our clients, and our fun and collaborative culture. Distinct from most other agencies, we are focused on helping organizations connect with their workforce – it’s a specialized and rapidly changing discipline and its not the right fit for everyone. Applying for awards is something we dedicate time to because we value the adjudication by our peers to make our work better, to give our team members third-party recognition, and to give us something to celebrate with our team, clients, peers, families and friends. Anyone who has ever applied for a Gold Quill or a Hermes award knows they are a tremendous amount of effort and challenging to earn. Having adjudicated for the IABC, we also know how much work it is to review these submissions and appreciate the IABC and AMCP as professional bodies committed to elevating the standards of excellence in our industry. As so much of our work requires discretion, Internal Communications especially benefits from a forum for peer review and assessment. Regardless of the reason you moved on from Livewire, we wish you success in your endeavours.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Exciting and challenging

Jan 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Livewire is a growing leader in a new part of the communications field. That has given me the opportunity to develop an emerging practice area into a department with the most amazing team I could ask for, working on projects with increasing scope, sophistication, and profile for global organizations. Every couple of years my role has grown and changed, presenting new focus and challenges, letting me create new capabilities for the company. As we expand this year into the US, it's all going to become even more interesting. Our culture is a priority for everyone, starting with the Partners, and it shows. We attract smart, talented people, and that lets us deliver exceptional work for our clients. It's never boring; we work hard and have fun doing it.

Cons

It's not really a con, but the balance can be a bit wonky at times; that's the industry. If you want to clock a consistent 9-5, then a communications agency isn't the right fit for you.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start

Jul 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Engaging work - Generous Partners - Great team - long term consideration for business growth & personal growth - Wide variety of client work.

Cons

-Sometimes long hours -timesheets -open office -Not great Benefits (however getting better over time)

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Excellent Company Culture

Mar 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great sense of collaboration.

Cons

As with any agency the work can sometimes be intense as projects all come in at once, but the management insists on balance during lull times.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Amazing culture

Dec 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people that work at Livewire are the most talented and passionate I've ever worked with. The spirit and energy is alive in everything we do. People care so much for each other and our clients. We have a lot of fun in our office.

Cons

Work life balance can be tough sometimes but that comes with working in an agency.

8. 5.0

Great overall

Apr 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, nice people, interesting work.

Cons

Agency hours, tedious time sheets, office location.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Amazing team!

Sep 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Intelligent, passionate, and fun people doing what they love. Feels like family. Great clients and challenging work.

Cons

Uptown location requires riding the bus along Eglinton (although they do have free parking for those with a car)

10. 4.0

Amazing culture!

Jan 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and the culture are second to none. Also management is very accessible which is almost unheard of for most companies.

Cons

As with any company who is growing, there are going to be growing pains. The potential to influence new and emerging policy/process/growth is exciting however.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews