Livewire Communications Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Livewire Communications Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2019

4.6
Livewire Communications President Mark Attard (no image)
Mark Attard
  1. "Great place to start"

I have been working at Livewire Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Engaging work - Generous Partners - Great team - long term consideration for business growth & personal growth - Wide variety of client work.

Cons

-Sometimes long hours -timesheets -open office -Not great Benefits (however getting better over time)

Advice to Management

Keep Briare and Scott talking to the team. Both are great and caring for those around them. Keeps culture strong.

Livewire Communications2019-07-18
  2. "Great overall"

I have been working at Livewire Communications full-time

Pros

Great culture, nice people, interesting work.

Cons

Agency hours, tedious time sheets, office location.

Livewire Communications2019-04-14
  3. "Excellent Company Culture"

I worked at Livewire Communications full-time

Pros

Great sense of collaboration.

Cons

As with any agency the work can sometimes be intense as projects all come in at once, but the management insists on balance during lull times.

Advice to Management

Keep Scott engaging directly with the team. He likes to be in the background but he is personable and team members like him around.

Livewire Communications2019-03-12
  4. "Exciting and challenging"

I have been working at Livewire Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Livewire is a growing leader in a new part of the communications field. That has given me the opportunity to develop an emerging practice area into a department with the most amazing team I could ask for, working on projects with increasing scope, sophistication, and profile for global organizations. Every couple of years my role has grown and changed, presenting new focus and challenges, letting me create new... capabilities for the company. As we expand this year into the US, it's all going to become even more interesting. Our culture is a priority for everyone, starting with the Partners, and it shows. We attract smart, talented people, and that lets us deliver exceptional work for our clients. It's never boring; we work hard and have fun doing it.

Cons

It's not really a con, but the balance can be a bit wonky at times; that's the industry. If you want to clock a consistent 9-5, then a communications agency isn't the right fit for you.

Livewire Communications2019-01-29
  5. "Amazing culture!"

I have been working at Livewire Communications full-time

Pros

The people and the culture are second to none. Also management is very accessible which is almost unheard of for most companies.

Cons

As with any company who is growing, there are going to be growing pains. The potential to influence new and emerging policy/process/growth is exciting however.

Livewire Communications2019-01-29
  6. "Amazing culture"

I have been working at Livewire Communications full-time

Pros

The people that work at Livewire are the most talented and passionate I've ever worked with. The spirit and energy is alive in everything we do. People care so much for each other and our clients. We have a lot of fun in our office.

Cons

Work life balance can be tough sometimes but that comes with working in an agency.

Advice to Management

Keep your finger on the pulse of the culture. It's important to people.

Livewire Communications2018-12-17
  7. "Amazing team!"

I have been working at Livewire Communications full-time

Pros

Intelligent, passionate, and fun people doing what they love. Feels like family. Great clients and challenging work.

Cons

Uptown location requires riding the bus along Eglinton (although they do have free parking for those with a car)

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great talent for me to work with :)

Livewire Communications2018-09-13
  8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Livewire Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great leadership, opportunities for advancement, amazing company culture, flexible with hours/working from home. It is a positive work environment and it is motivating to work alongside smart, nice people each day.

Cons

As with any agency, there are busy periods where long hours of work are required.

Livewire Communications2018-08-14
  9. "No complaints here!"

I have been working at Livewire Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing culture, great leadership, smart people, interesting projects and clients, puppy-power Fridays, flexible work-hours, fun!

Cons

Located in Leaside, so if you're a TTC rider, it's a bit of a trek.

Livewire Communications2018-08-08
  10. "Fantastic people, engaging work"

I have been working at Livewire Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual office environment. Fantastic team - Livewire seems very choosy with their hiring process. Good work-life balance. Many people have families (leaders included), the hours are somewhat flexible, etc.

Cons

Management could be a little more firm with clients. Clients can sometimes make crazy requests and there isn't enough pushback.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Livewire Communications2018-02-08