Legion Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Legion Logistics Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2019

3.6
Legion Logistics CEO Tony Coutsoftides (no image)
Tony Coutsoftides
Pros
  • "Good people, cool work environment(in 6 reviews)

• "Legion is a fun place to work with a diverse group of people if you're looking for a sales position Legion is a great option(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Nothing negative so far, Legion is a very good company to work for(in 9 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Billing Account Specialist in Florence, KY

I have been working at Legion Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Legion Logistics is more than a place of work. The leadership at Legion is vibrant and makes the work experience motivational. Since I have been part of the team I feel I have a niche in which I will contribute to generate excellence in our services and increase our portfolio of great customers.

Cons

Nothing negative so far, Legion is a very good company to work for!

Advice to Management

Keep being the best.

Legion Logistics2019-08-20
  2. "Dynamic environment"

Current Employee - Sales in Florence, KY

I have been working at Legion Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Never stop learning. Days fly by. A lot of great things happening it seems. Looking forward to what’s next for us

Cons

Would be nice to have some more group activities outside of work.

Advice to Management

Let us know how we can help more to grow the company

Legion Logistics2019-08-17
  3. "Think twice before working here."

Current Employee - Problem Solver

I have been working at Legion Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Initially people are nice and welcoming but the first instance they have at cutting you, they will and behind your back.

Cons

Poor management decisions plague the leadership. Good people are used and abused routinely.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing those whom you manage and stop being deceitful behind their backs.

Legion Logistics2019-08-16

August 20, 2019hr manager

(Response written by Lacy Starling, President of Legion.) This is one of those reviews that I'm not sure how to respond to, because I'm honestly not sure what they mean. I hate that anyone feels our staff is deceitful or abusive, and I would encourage whomever wrote this review to talk to our HR staff if they have experienced bad treatment, especially since they are still an employee here. We do regular, anonymous 360 reviews of our management, along with regular individual check-ins with HR, and at no point has any manager ever been described as "abusive" or "deceitful." Again, all I can do for this person is encourage them to take their concerns to HR.

4. "DO NOT WORK HERE!!"

I worked at Legion Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

They recruit like a professional fisherman, they reel you in with shiny empty promises and then once you are on board, they treat you worse than you can possibly even imagine. Lies, deceptive actions, extremely unprofessional behavior.

Cons

Too many to list. Unethical behavior encouraged including lying to customer, clients, and other employees. Your hard work and effort is unappreciated and will not be acknowledged or even appreciated.

Advice to Management

It's shameful you are located in NKY.

Legion Logistics2019-07-26

August 20, 2019hr manager

(Response written by Lacy Starling, President of Legion.) All I can say in response to this review is that the average tenure for our sales team is six years (and we've only been hiring salespeople for seven and a half years.) We don't make empty promises in our recruiting - we are incredibly honest about the training, the expectations, the pay, and the potential. I never want anyone to come into the organization with outsized expectations or thinking that this is an easy job, or an easy industry. It's hard. It's complicated. You need all the training, help, and support we offer (and we offer a lot!) to be successful. And, at the end of the day, you have to put in a lot of work. According to the info in this post, this person worked for us less than a year, and we are always very honest with people that the first 6-12 months here is the hardest - learning the industry and getting the hang of what we do has a steep learning curve, and we want everyone to be prepared to make it up that curve in that first year, but not everyone does. As far as not acknowledging or appreciating people, we work hard every week to acknowledge the folks who are hitting targets, closing customers, achieving their goals, etc. We give public acknowledgement in staff meetings, private acknowledgement face-to-face and in email, and we try to catch all the milestones our people are hitting so we can celebrate them. We know that feeling appreciated is an important part of working, and we put serious effort around that in our office, whether it's a shout-out, a pizza lunch, or a toast at the Tiki bar.

5. "If you're into Fraternization, this is your place!"

I worked at Legion Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They have a Tiki Bar

Cons

Fraternization is alive and currently very well here. Disgusting and distracting! The ability to bonus was taken away from support staff so that a very hefty sum of money could be donated to a local university! It's all about status for these owners!

Advice to Management

One communication seminar does not do much to help a new manager with zero prior managerial experience! But then you would have to care to help them develop into more than just a task manager! Just because there's a radio on does not mean employees around can not hear of all day long family conversations or rude displeasure of co-workers! Very distracting and ridiculous! It says alot about your level of care for... your employees when you completely remove an H.R. department and contract out Payroll, removing an important outlet for employees just to save a couple of bucks! The favortism played here is very sad but I guess it can be rewarding to those that it works in thier favor

Legion Logistics2019-06-10

August 20, 2019hr manager

(Response written by Lacy Starling, President of Legion.) When I read reviews like this from someone who worked here longer than five years, I always wonder why they stayed so long if they hated it that much. (And it sure sounds like this person hated working here.) Point by point. First, we have a non-fraternization policy that we reinforce regularly, and no one has brought complaints to HR about fraternization in the past few years, so I'm not aware of that situation. Second, our payroll budget and our charitable giving budget are kept completely separate. One does not affect the other, and at no point have we ever made a "hefty" donation to a local university. We support some educational initiatives, but the vast majority of our charitable giving goes to veteran's organizations and the community service projects the employees choose to support each year. We've tried many different bonus structures for the support staff over the years, as we recognize the fact that some folks are more motivated by a cash bonus than the other perks we offer, like flexible schedules or a casual dress code. Third, we offer all employees the opportunity to regularly and anonymously give feedback on management and leadership, and we use that feedback to help our managers develop. We send them to outside training, and we offer in-house training as well. We do have a couple of family members who work here, and sometimes, yes, they talk about family stuff. The same way you talk about family stuff with your co-workers in any office. (Or at least any office I've ever worked in.) We spend more time with our co-workers than with our families and it's pretty draconian for me to tell people they aren't allowed to talk about what's going on in their lives outside the office. Fourth. We have a full-time HR person in the office, and even in periods of transition, we've always had an HR presence in the office for people to use in case of concerns or problems. Also, we've always used an outside company for payroll pricing, which I think is pretty standard. Companies like Paycor wouldn't exist if everyone did their own payroll. Bottom line, I'm sorry this person was so unhappy here, but I'm also shocked they stuck around for more than five years if they thought we were such a terrible company to work for, especially in this economy, when everyone I know is begging for employees. We always tell people that if you aren't happy here, we want to help you find someplace you will be happy, because no one benefits from miserable employees.

6. "First month"

I have been working at Legion Logistics full-time

Pros

So far this job has brought good pay. A lot of great learning experience when it comes to sales in the logistics field. People here are awesome to work with.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of so far.

Legion Logistics2018-09-18
  7. "Director of First Impressions"

I have been working at Legion Logistics full-time

Pros

Wonderful people, rewarding job, easy going environment, management is by far the best and very helpful ALWAYS.

Cons

I can honestly say there is absolutely nothing that I dislike about working for Legion.

Legion Logistics2018-06-05
  8. "Sales Intern"

Current Employee - Sales Intern in Florence, KY

I have been working at Legion Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Legion is a fun place to work with a diverse group of people if you're looking for a sales position Legion is a great option.

Cons

The logistics industry isn't very glamorous and not everyone is cut out for it.

Legion Logistics2018-05-02

June 13, 2018hr manager

(This response was written by Lacy Starling, President of Legion Logistics.) I just wanted to write and say how right this intern is in his/her assessment that the logistics industry isn't very glamorous and not everyone is cut out for it. Yaaassss. I always say that trucking isn't sexy, but the money *can* be, if you are the right fit for Legion and for the work. It's why we are so very selective about who we hire, and why we are really, really upfront about the amount of work it takes to be successful, and our expectations for folks right from the beginning of the interview process. We want any new salesperson to come into this role knowing what they are getting into, and what we will expect from them. I'm not a fan of surprises and I don't think new employees are, either! That said, if you are the right fit for us, and for the logistics industry, this is a pretty cool place to be, and there is an opportunity to make some really great money, so you can go do glamorous things in your free time, to make up for the fact that you work in transportation.

9. "Love it here"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Florence, KY

I have been working at Legion Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, flexibility, work-life balance.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep creating the environment where people enjoy coming to work!

Legion Logistics2018-03-16
  10. "Okay.."

I worked at Legion Logistics part-time

Pros

Good people, cool work environment

Cons

poor management. Little training

Legion Logistics2017-12-11

June 13, 2018hr manager

(This response was written by Lacy Starling, President at Legion Logistics.) It always pains me when I read a review that says we offer little training. One of the things we've worked to do, over the nine years we've been in business, is create, update, maintain, and continuously improve our training. We have training plans for all the positions internally, and for our salespeople in particular, we have assessments at crucial points in the training process to make sure the right material was absorbed and retained. I'm also pretty proud of the management team we have, and the anonymous 360 evaluations direct reports do on their managers every year show solid support for my opinion of my team. They've all been promoted from within, and through the promotion process, other managers and I check in with direct reports to make sure our newly minted managers are doing the right work, and supporting their teams in the right way. What confuses me more about this review is that this person said they worked at Legion part-time. We don't have any part-time employees, so I'm not sure what role they were in, or if they are thinking of the right Legion Logistics.

Found 43 reviews