Ledcor Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 313 reviews

2.9
Ledcor CEO Dave Lede
Dave Lede
Pros
  • "Good benefits and opportunity to advance is you want(in 27 reviews)

• "good people, good opportunities, well run(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is always work to do, so work-life balance is something that you need to focus on(in 11 reviews)

• "Long hours, poor work-life balance (as is usual with oil and gas field work)(in 11 reviews)

"Ledcor"

Current Employee - D2C Representative

I have been working at Ledcor full-time

Pros

The on-boarding program at Ledcor has exceeded my expectations. Throughout the week, I was introduced to the company by supporting trainers and encouraging superiors. The first few days are heavily focused on improving one's confidence in regards to a sales process, and the rest are dedicated to providing sufficient knowledge of Telus' products and services. The training program provides an experience that teaches... an individual valuable life skills: time management, organizational tips, and how to interact well with others. Overall, I can confidently claim that the on-boarding program at Ledcor is the best training I have received and I commend all of the individuals who are part of it. Ledcor provides many services that are dedicated to supporting representatives. From personal experience, I have had phenomenal help from support-centre representatives, my recruiter, and managers/ leaders on my team. Ledcor has built a community that is filled with individuals who enjoy seeing the growth and success of others, and supports each other through any difficulties that may endure. Payment at Ledcor is done through a commission-only basis. I personally like this standard as I believe that it motivates one to put in extra effort everyday and see the rewards of doing so. I believe that Ledcor is an exceptional company and would refer others to work for it. As previously stated, it is an environment filled with supporting team members, great rewards for personal efforts and development, and teaches an individual valuable skills that one can/ would apply in their lives.

Cons

In my personal opinion, I have experienced no cons in regards to this position. Ledcor is a very positive company with enthusiastic individuals.

Advice to Management

The advice I would give to a new onboard beginning their journey at Ledcor: listen and accept the help that will be given to you, as it will progress your success.

Ledcor2019-08-12

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Installation and Repair Technician

I have been working at Ledcor full-time

Pros

You can make more money on the piece rate and travelling.

Cons

Closing time is not guaranteed

Ledcor2019-08-31
  3. "Limited Development"

Current Employee - IT Business Systems Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Ledcor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits at Ledcor are good, including the flexibility of schedule for some and the vacations. There are some good co-workers however behaviours change when pressure to complete projects without the right resources.

Cons

I've been at Ledcor for over 7 years. While my experience has been ok, I haven't ever been supported by my manager. I have taken all of the prescribed training by HR, including all of the manager training. I am constantly told that I need to develop myself, while I see less competent people being promoted to management positions. It's really frustrating continually supporting the company in their... expectations, yet never getting the right feedback. Development plans are almost non existent and aren't really taken seriously. After several years of service, positive reviews, and achieving my established development plans, senior leaders don't have the courage or capability to support individual growth plans.

Advice to Management

Be serious about the development plans for long term employees. Stop hiring flashy people that just show up and don't provide much more than what we already have. Stop listening to all of these external consultants and check their experience.

Ledcor2019-09-09

"The environment and people seem positive, but ultimately unrewarding in terms of career development and salary."

Former Employee - Recuriter in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Ledcor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most people are nice. Office is nice. Benefits are good.

Cons

Office does not give the impression it cares about employees or their career development Salaries are not determined fairly and are on the low end of the scale. Not properly recognizing employees that are contributing.

Advice to Management

Not always lowballing on salary or other things, such as office equipment, training, etc. - overall, it is beneficial to invest money in employees.

Ledcor2019-08-30

"Great looking company from the outside"

Former Employee - HSE Coordinator in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Ledcor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits and RRSP matching. Great group of people to work with in most divisions.

Cons

Payroll/HR is completely unorganized - it took 8 weeks to be paid over 50 hours of unused vacation time after quitting. Old coworkers had to notify me that I was still listed as an active employee in their internal system until I reached out to my previous manager to initiate the termination process. Boasts a strong safety culture in all on-boarding materials and in promotional videos, but at the core they only... care to get work done and make money. Total lack of communication between upper management and workers in the field. No clearly defined roles and responsibilities, especially when moving to new projects. Very little warning when being moved to new projects or locations. Incredibly bureaucratic decision making process leads to no real decisions being made and groups having to make their own decisions on the fly and then be reprimanded for it later.

Advice to Management

Have effective procedures in place with real defined roles and responsibilities. Test out an HR system before implementing it across a large organization. Past employees should not have to reach back out to HR on multiple occasions to be paid for owed time, especially when labour laws dictate that "Where proper termination notice is given, vacation pay must be paid within 3 days of termination."

Ledcor2019-08-28
  6. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - IS Manager in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Ledcor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, lots of opportunity

Cons

Could use more staff in certain areas to ensure consistent, quality service delivery.

Advice to Management

Look for opportunities to improve morale; some of this will come from better work/life balance.

Ledcor2019-08-15
  7. "Amazing!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Ledcor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros to working with Ledcor- Team work, Leadership, earning potential, career progression I really appreciated the training and mentor-ship provided by Ledcor. Being able to work for such a well know, respected brand is great for my resume and future. I would advise anyone who is looking to kick start their career in marketing and sales to join this team. The skills you will learn from this job are second to... none.

Cons

This role is really going to challenge. If you are not willing to put in the work it will not pay off and you will not see results.

Ledcor2019-08-09
  8. "solid sales job"

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Ledcor full-time for more than a year

Pros

A really good, professional company. was a great entry job and now working my way up the ladder. making good money and they gave lots of training, provided housing, a phone. its a pretty fun adventure traveling around

Cons

you have to work hard and perform, gotta go out everyday to make those sales

Advice to Management

listen to feedback

Ledcor2019-08-09

"Good people, terrible culture"

I worked at Ledcor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of really talented people who work really hard to get the job done.

Cons

Old boys network and so much backstabbing. Never worked anywhere so political and unethical. If the senior people like you, you can do no wrong. They don't, you may as well quit because your life will be hell.

Ledcor2019-08-02
  10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Ledcor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong national presence and support from out west while Toronto continues to build & develop.

Cons

Work life balance is difficult to achieve & office culture could improve.

Ledcor2019-07-25