Intelex Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

2.8
Intelex Technologies CEO Mark Jaine
Mark Jaine
Pros
Cons
  • "Company is growing by burning out their current employees(in 9 reviews)

• "Many lay offs of some really great hardworking people over the years because of this(in 6 reviews)

"Not Many Negatives"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly have nothing bad to say about my experience at Intelex. I feel like I may have been sheltered from larger issues/frustrations since my role was not prominent in the company. I reaped all the benefits of working on the sales team in an entry level role (I can see why other departments may get jealous) yet did not have the pressure that the Account Executives faced so I felt very comfortable in my time there.... I felt that I was always supported/valued by bosses and co-workers in my role and Intelex didn't seem to shy away from getting us involved in training sessions with Sales Industry Experts. I learned many skills that I have found beneficial to my career moving forward. Everyone I worked with since I left seems to have been promoted since I decided to leave, so there is definitely room for career growth! I felt I was fairly compensated for my performance. Benefits were top notch. Employee events (both sales specific and general events) were awesome. Lots of great co-workers!

Cons

Not really my area of expertise but from reading other reviews and definitely through some of my experiences there... the product may be lacking a bit compared to other competitors. It is tough for me to say because I never saw demos of our main competitors but you could tell it would hinder us in some sales if we didn't have the functionality that the client needed. That being said, I am sure we won certain sales... because we had features the competitor did not. It all evens out in the long run.

Advice to Management

It has been over a year since I left but I would say keep it up. I notice from comments here that there was a mass layoff in the past few months. Those are unfortunate but I hope that things are back on track. I have seen in the comments that the management team can be cliquey... they always seemed open to me but if someone is shy they may be intimidated to connect with them.

Intelex Technologies2018-12-14
  2. "Great company with a play to win attitude"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies

Pros

Awesome recruitment process. Awesome teammates.

Cons

Having been sold off to a bigger company, I expect that the new management will not embrace or understand the culture so it is enevitable that people and perks will be cut in the pursuit of the bottom line. This is life but as long as you are a value add employee, you will be fine. Even if you get cut, other companies will benefit from your awesomeness.

Advice to Management

Keep the clients happy and work your processes around this and the money will follow.

Intelex Technologies2019-11-27
  3. "Fun company"

Former Employee - Developer

I worked at Intelex Technologies part-time

Pros

made lots of friends, great environment

Cons

no cons for this company

Intelex Technologies2019-11-15

"Run and don't drink the Kool-Aid! Culture is toxic and leadership undermines each other!"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

General staff are nice and try to support each other, they still have some group events but only to show they are doing something small for staff..

Cons

Leadership is not authentic,also you have to always be mindful of not showing any disagreement of your managers. Otherwise they will go to HR to get help removing the person from the company. Many lay offs of some really great hardworking people over the years because of this.

Advice to Management

I see many gave a disapproving rating of the CEO. To be fair he often is not told what is going on by his senior leadership. Would recommend that Mark goes back to walking and chatting with his staff on his OWN, like you used to do.

Intelex Technologies2019-11-13

"Good people, poor leadership"

Current Employee - Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- An opportunity to get a deep understanding of the EHSQ ecosystem - Bonus (but i heard that the bonus structure has changed now) - lots of free food, snacks, raffle draws to win ipads, fitbit, etc. (but i heard that does not happen anymore either) - Health Benefits were really good (+$700 per year on Health Spending) - Vision Meetings were always nice -- got to hear directly from the senior leadership team... about the direction that the company is taking

Cons

- Poor senior leadership: too many changes will be made and within 1-2 Quarters those decisions will be withdrawn or overridden. - Sales focused culture --- not a customer focused culture ... neither an innovation focused culture - Serious bro-culture and lots of closed-knit groups within the company. If you are not part of the right group, then forget about growth.

Advice to Management

- Focus on the customers. Be customer-obsessed like Amazon, Netflix if you want to be a billion dollar company. - More transparency please. A lot of important decisions happen behind closed doors that creates a toxic culture.

Intelex Technologies2019-10-18

"don't even think of applying here"

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

monthly raffle incentives; retreats were nice

Cons

leadership didn't have enough focus on the tech they needed to support their sales

Advice to Management

get a leader who is really in tune with technology as well as the field they are marketing the EHSQ software too. since I heard Mark sold the company anyway I guess it's money that is the bottom line at this point.

Intelex Technologies2019-11-11

"Don't work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good for fresh graduates. Close to Union Station.

Cons

So much politics. So much favoritism. Too many people are leaving. Fire you anytime.

Advice to Management

Hire good managers in R&D.

Intelex Technologies2019-10-07

"Fun work environment, very unstable and frequent turnover"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved the culture and setup at the office, games room, activity clubs, cake etc. Got to work on some interesting projects which added to my career. Salary was competitive.

Cons

Very frequent org changes, which affect your role at the company drastically. Lots of turnover and lay offs affecting morale. Redundancies : multiple people in different departments trying to do the same job. Evaluation criteria for performance was vague, you saw people getting promoted very rapidly in some departments, while others who were equally performing well were not.

Advice to Management

Establish some controls around the hiring to limit the amount of duplication or overlap between roles between or within functional groups. Clarity around performance management would also help - the company was definitely not set up to retain its best talent as personnel decisions were being made on a whim without considering the long term impact on the teams

Intelex Technologies2019-08-23

"Don’t work here"

Former Employee - Operations in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Downtown location, cake every month

Cons

Negative energy. Low morale. High retention. They’re desperate

Intelex Technologies2019-08-20

"Usual growing pains with quick growth company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some exciting and dynamic individuals are working there; great colleagues to learn from

Cons

sexism, lack of transparency/appropriate channels with HR processes

Intelex Technologies2019-07-30