Intelex Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Intelex Technologies President and CEO Mark Jaine
Mark Jaine

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Company is growing by burning out their current employees" (in 9 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance is a value on paper but rarely respected by managers" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Not Many Negatives"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly have nothing bad to say about my experience at Intelex. I feel like I may have been sheltered from larger issues/frustrations since my role was not prominent in the company. I reaped all the benefits of working on the sales team in an entry level role (I can see why other departments may get jealous) yet did not have the pressure that the Account Executives faced so I felt very comfortable in my time there.

I felt that I was always supported/valued by bosses and co-workers in my role and Intelex didn't seem to shy away from getting us involved in training sessions with Sales Industry Experts. I learned many skills that I have found beneficial to my career moving forward.

Everyone I worked with since I left seems to have been promoted since I decided to leave, so there is definitely room for career growth!

I felt I was fairly compensated for my performance. Benefits were top notch. Employee events (both sales specific and general events) were awesome. Lots of great co-workers!

Cons

Not really my area of expertise but from reading other reviews and definitely through some of my experiences there... the product may be lacking a bit compared to other competitors. It is tough for me to say because I never saw demos of our main competitors but you could tell it would hinder us in some sales if we didn't have the functionality that the client needed. That being said, I am sure we won certain sales because we had features the competitor did not. It all evens out in the long run.

Advice to Management

It has been over a year since I left but I would say keep it up. I notice from comments here that there was a mass layoff in the past few months. Those are unfortunate but I hope that things are back on track. I have seen in the comments that the management team can be cliquey... they always seemed open to me but if someone is shy they may be intimidated to connect with them.

2. "Well positioned organzation"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

#1 in the space
    Exceptional win rate against the competitions - 70%+
    Flexible working conditions
    Growing faster than the marketplace and faster than any of the competition
    Most competitors are no longer growing/expanding and Intelex is still hiring double digits every month.
    Very diverse organization

Cons

Any company with explosive growth for the last 10 years straight will definitely have a few bumps. It can be tough to hang on from time to time. We trimmed the bottom 5% recently and we should have done it much sooner.

Advice to Management

Continually improve and streamline.
    Don't be afraid to trim the bottom 5% annually like all the other top software companies do.
    Invest more in the partner network
    Intelligently invest marketing dollars.
    More strategic hires.
    3-5 more years of growth like the last 3-5 years and the competition will be so far behind!

7 Dec, 2018 – Corporate Brand Specialist

Thanks for writing a review around both our culture and your thoughts around our overall growth! We have taken this to the team.

"Over promised, under delivered"

Former Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

-A lot of really great people working there
    -Compensation is surprisingly competitive
    -Brand is relatively strong in the space

Cons

-Executive leadership (Company doesn't have a clear plan for the future)
    -Product (Often felt incomplete... a lot of the time it felt we were selling a "solution" that was cobbled together vs. the complete ESHQ solution we positioned it as
    -Culture seemed great when I joined, but became very toxic, large scale layoffs without explanation

Advice to Management

Put a bigger focus on employee satisfaction, turnover is rampant, metrics aren't being hit. Happy employees are usually high producing employees. Find a way to make people happy (I don't know how exactly to do this) but I'm sure unifying the team and making people feel valued will help with results, moral, and keeping employees.

7 Dec, 2018 – Corporate Brand Specialist

As we continue to evolve our overall employee experience, we appreciate the feedback received! We've made note of your feedback and brought them to the attention of the team.

"Great company to work"

Current Employee - Developer in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are nice and very helpful
    Great perks and fun activities
    Able to make difference to the world
    So many things to learn

Cons

Some people are underpaid causing more turnover
    High company metrics
    No career path ahead
    Product knowledge is hard to transfer

Advice to Management

Appreciate and earn the trust hardworking individual contributor
    Become more proactive than reactive in supporting your employees to increase the retention

7 Dec, 2018 – Corporate Brand Specialist

We always appreciate feedback from our employees! Thank you for summarizing what you like most about Intelex and what your concerns are. We have taken note and will bring this to the attention of the... More

5. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity in the EHSQ market

Cons

Lack of transparency can be a con from time to time.

7 Dec, 2018 – Corporate Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We love sharing Intelex in the EHSQ market! We have also made note of your feedback around transparency.

"Two sided"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

Product department has good teams and good leaders who care. Driven individuals are improving practice and generating values. Company has lots of clubs and activities. Great atmosphere day-to-day.

Cons

Company has had large scale layoffs every couple of years. The recent one seen many good employees let go based on unknown criteria without having consulted their managers. That is to say, it was pretty random.

Advice to Management

Advice to people considering working here: this company is putting in a lot of effort to look like a happy workplace. And it can be while you are here. I would strongly recommend you asking for more money to cover the risk of being randomly laid off in a few years. That way you can take advantage of the surface culture and guard against the undercurrent.

7 Dec, 2018 – Corporate Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback! Our employee experience is evolving and have brought your review to the attention of the team.

"Unique Industry and Product, but ...."

Pros

*Awesome perks
    *Great office space (close to downtown)

Cons

* Training is enormously lacking
    * You are unaware of where you stand with performance. However, optics and evaluations are constantly in motion. This is pretty entrapment-like.
    * Management is all over the place and nowhere to be found
    * Company went through large layoff process, affecting key departments
    * Salary is average (industry standard)

Advice to Management

Offer your employees proper product / industry training. Not everyone comes from EHS disciplines.
    Be proactive, rather than reactive when it comes to making large corporate decisions, like laying off folks. Many businesses found more preventative ways to react to a decline in sales.

7 Dec, 2018 – Corporate Brand Specialist

As we continue to enhance our employee experience, we value your feedback and will bring it to the attention of the team.

"Consultant"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, pay is ok, peers, games room, breakfast Thursdays.

Cons

Management never seems to stick with the plan, and keep shifting priorities, teams, layoffs, etc. You never feel steady or appreciated. Sales has too much of the glory and don't seem to realize any consequences when sales miss targets. And seriously, SKO every few months, and the last one at Woodbine Race Track? Where are the amazing training opportunities and outings for services or the rest of the company?

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to retain talent instead of laying them off when sales dip, just to save on their salaries.

7 Dec, 2018 – Corporate Brand Specialist

We always appreciate and value our employee's feedback! As we continue to build out the employee experience, your feedback around priorities and retaining talent has been brought to the attention of... More

"Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company Culture , Leadership Team, Direction , Real emphasis on work life balance

Cons

A little more flexibility on working from home.

Advice to Management

Awesome place to work. Would recommend Intelex to anyone. Would consider allowing more flexibility on working from home.

15 Oct, 2018 – Corporate Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We always enjoy hearing from our Intelex alumni and what their overall experience was like! :)

"Business not changing for good"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some really good people. Some fairly good industry experts. Good, not great platform, decent benefits,

Cons

Let me begin by saying this, the company has potential but upper management is holding this company back. Executives reward or keep people in positions that offer no value to company. All the work they did in the past is rewarded without doing anything of substance lately. This company does not reward people for the handwork done but rewards friends. There is a reason Intelex has a really high turnover rate. Reach out to former Intelex employees before interviewing for a sales role. They recently showed data to the whole Sales team that a majority of AEs do not make money until their 3rd year at Intelex. So if you are expecting to make money right away, its unlikely. This would have been nice to have known this before joining. Culture, well this might be the strangest part of Intelex. They talk a good game but its really fake. You have individuals who work here who people have no idea what they do. You have a marketing team lead by individuals who have little to no idea about the Industry or Product application they are in. We have a lagging product because they have put so much effort into an application no one cares about. Our HR team recently won an award and a day later they fired 4 people instead of the person who has been responsible for the lack of managerial guidance. You have some really interesting hires especially in managerial roles. VP and executives who provide little to no help. There are too many sales roles with so few opportunities to make sales. The company now has a sales culture of individuals hitting quota but not making significant commission.

Advice to Management

Its time for a shake up - there is so much to say but the reality is that so many people are not happy. The vision is not working, you are not listening to the market or any of the people who understand the industry the best. The lies about making sales/money is a real issue that should be addressed. You will lose top talent or won't get top talent looking at Intelex as an option

15 Oct, 2018 – Corporate Brand Specialist

As we continue to evolve our overall employee experience, we appreciate the feedback received by employees! We've made note of your feedback/concerns and have brought them to the attention of the... More