Intelex Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 125 reviews

Intelex Technologies CEO Mark Jaine
Mark Jaine
Pros
Cons
  • "Company is growing by burning out their current employees(in 9 reviews)

• "Lots of turnover and lay offs affecting morale(in 4 reviews)

"Not Many Negatives"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly have nothing bad to say about my experience at Intelex. I feel like I may have been sheltered from larger issues/frustrations since my role was not prominent in the company. I reaped all the benefits of working on the sales team in an entry level role (I can see why other departments may get jealous) yet did not have the pressure that the Account Executives faced so I felt very comfortable in my time there.... I felt that I was always supported/valued by bosses and co-workers in my role and Intelex didn't seem to shy away from getting us involved in training sessions with Sales Industry Experts. I learned many skills that I have found beneficial to my career moving forward. Everyone I worked with since I left seems to have been promoted since I decided to leave, so there is definitely room for career growth! I felt I was fairly compensated for my performance. Benefits were top notch. Employee events (both sales specific and general events) were awesome. Lots of great co-workers!

Cons

Not really my area of expertise but from reading other reviews and definitely through some of my experiences there... the product may be lacking a bit compared to other competitors. It is tough for me to say because I never saw demos of our main competitors but you could tell it would hinder us in some sales if we didn't have the functionality that the client needed. That being said, I am sure we won certain sales... because we had features the competitor did not. It all evens out in the long run.

Advice to Management

It has been over a year since I left but I would say keep it up. I notice from comments here that there was a mass layoff in the past few months. Those are unfortunate but I hope that things are back on track. I have seen in the comments that the management team can be cliquey... they always seemed open to me but if someone is shy they may be intimidated to connect with them.

Intelex Technologies2018-12-14

Intelex Technologies Response

January 18, 2019Corporate Brand Specialist

We always enjoy hearing from our alumni! Thank you for summarizing your overall experience and writing a review. :)

"Don't work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good for fresh graduates. Close to Union Station.

Cons

So much politics. So much favoritism. Too many people are leaving. Fire you anytime.

Advice to Management

Hire good managers in R&D.

Intelex Technologies2019-10-07

"Fun work environment, very unstable and frequent turnover"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved the culture and setup at the office, games room, activity clubs, cake etc. Got to work on some interesting projects which added to my career. Salary was competitive.

Cons

Very frequent org changes, which affect your role at the company drastically. Lots of turnover and lay offs affecting morale. Redundancies : multiple people in different departments trying to do the same job. Evaluation criteria for performance was vague, you saw people getting promoted very rapidly in some departments, while others who were equally performing well were not.

Advice to Management

Establish some controls around the hiring to limit the amount of duplication or overlap between roles between or within functional groups. Clarity around performance management would also help - the company was definitely not set up to retain its best talent as personnel decisions were being made on a whim without considering the long term impact on the teams

Intelex Technologies2019-08-23

"Don’t work here"

Former Employee - Operations in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Downtown location, cake every month

Cons

Negative energy. Low morale. High retention. They’re desperate

Intelex Technologies2019-08-20

"Usual growing pains with quick growth company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some exciting and dynamic individuals are working there; great colleagues to learn from

Cons

sexism, lack of transparency/appropriate channels with HR processes

Intelex Technologies2019-07-30

Intelex Technologies Response

September 4, 2019Sr. Recruiter

At Intelex, we take any allegations of sexism, harassment or any kind of discrimination very seriously. We have policies and processes in place to investigate and action allegations in a timely and confidential way. We are committed to being transparent where appropriate, but also aim to respect and maintain privacy and confidentiality. We would like to understand more about what you feel we can improve on when it comes to lack of transparency/appropriate channels with HR processes. Kellie Hart Director, Talent Management

"Company in need of focus and lacking in leadership"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

Great people, flexible corporate policies, excellent location.

Cons

Product needs lots of work, not a lot of opportunities to learn/grow, still a sales-driven organization, office layout needs some love, in need of organizational alignment.

Advice to Management

Try to not only inspire people, but incentivize them as well.

Intelex Technologies2019-07-26

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

- Work life balance - Great management team that you can easily talk to - Co-workers are super helpful - Good work get recognized - Senior leadership team are very involved with employees to understand them - Employee development and growth are tracked and encouraged - Many internal clubs to enjoy your hobbies at work - Many opportunities to contribute in internal projects

Cons

There is none that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep the engaging culture going among employees. If the employees are taken care of, customers will be taken care of and the company will be taken care of in return. It is a great cycle so keep up the good work in retaining good employees.

Intelex Technologies2019-06-10

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Chief People Officer has great idea and really attempts to create an excellent, modern work culture that is fair.

Cons

Management is a complete joke and the sales reps that have been with the company for years have literally had no experience anywhere else. They have had all the good accounts for years and make the most money even though they are terrible at what they do and don't even know it. Company is incredibly cheap with sales reps and don't have a clue how sales reps are treated elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Now that there is a new President it is already clear, most of you are starting to become a little worried about your long-term status at the company.

Intelex Technologies2019-05-14

"Great company with fun culture and exciting growth potential"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

Excellent values, fun people, zero tolerance policy - culture is amazing, especially if you're in early stages of your career. Strong focus on employees being good humans and making everyone happy on the daily

Cons

Could benefit from adopting table-stake corporate policies (example: phones are not covered for employees)

Intelex Technologies2019-05-15

"Good Leadership"

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

Strong leadership for sales, marketing and devs teams. Great mentorship. Great tech stack and support of various teams.

Cons

A bit of a high-school experience with young, first-jobbers.

Advice to Management

Retain the talent you have

Intelex Technologies2019-04-04