Intact Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2021

Found 808 of over 1,088 reviews

4.4
Pros
  • "Good benefits compared to competitors, flexible work arrangements are great(in 80 reviews)

• "Salary competitive advantages work life balance(in 77 reviews)

• Cons
  • "At times there is poor work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• "Heavy work load especially in winter time(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

SOOOO glad I joined the Intact team! I wish I would have applied here years ago!

May 31, 2021 - Field Claims Representative HNW in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

over all a great company thus far, good pay, good benefits, AWESOME staff to work with (coworkers and management)

Cons

so far none I LOVE my job every day

1 person found this review helpful

Leader, Strategic Talent Projects

Thank you for the awesome review! We are so happy to hear that you love your job and thank you for the super kind words. We look forward to helping you #GrowWithUs :)

2. 5.0

Highly Recommend a Career with Intact

Jul 30, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits, 3 weeks vacation plus ability to earn an extra day off a month, wonderful environment/ culture, the company is invested in the employees successes. Management encourages growth, as well as opportunities to branch out to and try roles in other departments, and provides constant support. We are constantly encouraged to share our opinions and provide feedback on any changes implemented, especially before those changes are put in place. This is especially evident while navigating a pandemic, and figuring out returning to work. For months, we have been encouraged to talk about how we feel about returning to the office, and the plan put in place has genuinely been created with our feedback in mind. Most importantly, I feel valued and cared about- not just by my team and the colleagues I work with on a day to day basis, but by the organization as a whole.

Cons

I do not have any cons. I truly never thought I would love working for any organization as much as I do intact.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Training Process

Jul 7, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training process at Intact has been a great experience, I have never experienced such constant support from any other company within my previous career opportunities. Katie Fogal goes above and beyond to ensure that her Intact trainee team thurally understands the content while providing positive feedback. I expressed to Katie that I was having difficulty grasping the heavy day to day content and she quickly provided me with materiel to better suit my learning style and provided after hours to help support my success. Intact definitely upholds their values of generosity and excellence and I look forward to continuing my career pathway within this company.

Cons

Heavy content during training but support is always available

Leader, Strategic Talent Projects

We appreciate your review! We’re so pleased to hear about your positive training experience and applaud you for asking for support from your leader when you needed it most. You’ve hit on one of the best perks about working here – the people. Our colleagues truly live our values every day and inspire and support us to be and do our best. Best of luck to you!

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great work envieonment

Jul 27, 2021 - Property Adjuster in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Great pay. Great training. Great upward opportuniries Blah blah blah bla h blah Nla bla bla bla bla

Cons

Very high workload like most insurance xompanies, workload is a great issue here. Bla bla bla bal bla nla bla.

Leader, Strategic Talent Projects

Thanks for the review! Your list of "greats" is great :) We also appreciate your feedback. In our world, there can be a lot on the go and it's important to us that our team members have the support and balance to be and do their best. We always encourage our colleagues to speak with their manager or HR Consultant about workload concerns.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Manager, Specialty Lines

Jul 27, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company Values, culture, Talent within the organization, and career growth opportunities,

Cons

Expect to work hard but be reward for this hard work. If you are looking for a job to clock in and out I would recommend going to another company.

Leader, Strategic Talent Projects

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review! It's always wonderful to hear what our leaders value most about working with us. You've noted some of our greatest hits: our Values, our people, and opportunities to grow! Thank you for what you do every day and for continuing to #growwithus.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice company, tons of benefits, good salary expanding well and good managers

Jul 21, 2021 - Accounting in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, pensions, vacations, personal day Big company with nice technology to work on your daily tasks Managers actually listen to you and take your comments seriously Transparency Cool CEO and management teams that will regularly send you videos an update on the company Possibility to grow within the company Flexible schedule with WFH option as you wish Office close to metro station and is in downtown financial district area

Cons

Sometimes could be hard during month-end with very tight deadlines. OT usually required during month end. Lots of manual works which lead to mistakes and error. Other than that I can`t really think of.

Leader, Strategic Talent Projects

Thanks for wonderful review and inspiring pros list! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you value most about working with us. We also appreciate your feedback and positive outlook. We're always doing our best to make sure that you can do yours.

7. 5.0

Where I grew

Apr 2, 2021 - Senior UX/UI Designer in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is the company where I have spent most of my professional life because the people I work with inspire me every day to be better, to test new things out and fight for my ideas within a big corporation. Within my first 3 months, I met and presented my strategy to the CEO Charles B. Here is the opportunity to learn, grow, and test your capabilities. There are many advantages at Intact. Through my career in this company, I had had the chance to travel once every year to a conference, continue my post-graduate education, changed team twice, and many others. The lab is remarkable with the employee experience. There is always an activity to do, someone in the direction is always listening to what you have to say in order to improve the way they work. Company-wise, there are various perks such as stock purchase options, pension plans adapted to your needs, unlimited sick days, good vacation plans, and the list goes on.

Cons

the processes for decision-making are not well established. It might seem like a collective decision but it is a constant discussion among product, design and development that aims to see who can convenience each other first. This might delay deliveries and make the work redundant. However, the direction is well aware of this and work on better ways to work together.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Jul 26, 2021 - Senior Underwriter III in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Investment in their employees always

Cons

None that I know of

Leader, Strategic Talent Projects

Thank you for your review! Short, sweet and positive. Have a wonderful rest of summer!

9. 5.0

Amazing Company

Jul 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Happy to be part of this organization.

Cons

Nothing is perfect...please keep that in mind, but its always good to see when the organization (HR, Technology, Business) work together and care for people. Great job everyone!

Leader, Strategic Talent Projects

We appreciate the review -- we're happy that you're a part of this organization too! Thank you for choosing to grow with us. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company to work for

Jul 24, 2021 - Product Owner in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

1st insurance company in Canada. Good employer in general. Good health insurance and lot of vacations in addition to your salary. Package comes also with an excellent shares participation program

Cons

Ask a lot from their employees especially in IT. It would be challenging but not with those huge road maps and difficulties to recruit proper dev team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 808 Reviews