INTERSECT Reviews

Updated May 1, 2020

4.5
INTERSECT CEO Paul Crowe
Paul Crowe
  1. "Overall, an enjoyable experience."

Current Employee - Product Designer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at INTERSECT full-time for less than a year

Pros

From day one, I felt welcome, and each person was approachable, knowledgeable and seemed to have a genuine interest in helping me succeed. Fantastic teams and excellent products are at the core of Intersect's culture.

Cons

Work from home felt frowned upon, although this may change during 2020. My one on ones are much less formal than other companies and lacked structure of any kind (this may be a positive depending on personality type).

2. "Work environment"

4.0

I have been working at INTERSECT

Pros

Great culture , happy peeps

Cons

Work from home is not much flexible

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Android Developer

I have been working at INTERSECT full-time

Pros

Great people, good culture and good pay.

Cons

Company is growing so there are some changes as expected but still it's a great place to work at.

"Excellent company to work for..."

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer

I have been working at INTERSECT full-time for less than a year

Pros

So many things to say... I have been working for over 3 months now. I have not seen this work culture in any other company before. At times, it is a busy work environment but the management takes every step to ensure that all employees feel that they are not overloaded with the work. Every now and then, there are events that encourages the employee to work harder. The fun events are schedule from time to time. The team is very professional in welcoming the new team members.

Cons

I have not experienced any downside yet.

"Really enjoyed my time so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at INTERSECT full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, opportunities, and team

Cons

Growth happening so fast, people have to be prepared for change

"Not so great"

2.0
    Current Employee - Associate in Toronto, ON

I have been working at INTERSECT part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice office, snacks and coffee

Cons

My manager was sooo bad. Not enough words to describe everything he did wrong. They seem to be like a great company but there is really nothing there. No meaning or true carring for their people .

INTERSECT Response

September 10, 2019HR

Thank you for your review. At INTERSECT we strive to keep communication open and constructive. We are always committed to not only hearing feedback, but taking action where appropriate. We have provided many ways for employees to share their opinions and feedback, including company engagement surveys, regular 1:1s, company town halls and ongoing management training. Our team is dedicated to continually improving. We encourage you to reach out to HR to discuss specifics.

"My favourite horses"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at INTERSECT full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's cliched amongst tech companies at this point, but Intersect is the best culture I've everworked in. Intersect actively seeks out opportunities for learning, personal growth and inclusion for their team members. We have weekly lightning talks that cover every topic from LGBTQ rights/history to biomimicry, all the way over to other super important topics why 'I lost in fantasy football'. We also have more industry-focused lunch and learns to get team members informed on trends in design, tech, and business in general. Management (from the CEO down) is very down to earth, transparent and care about every person at the company. Further to this, I've never experienced a tech leadership team so committed to every aspect of their developer's well being. Tech + Design leads hold weekly one on ones with every person in their pod, and I can't undersell how important that is to everyone here. In all honesty, the management team at Intersect are equally well equipped to help you learn and grow as a professional and make you laugh your *ss off. There are always lots of weekly/monthly activities to take part in, both official and unofficial. We've recently broken out our social committee into four groups focused on creating initiatives focused on helping team members live, give, play, learn MORE. We're growing. A lot. There is a lot of opportunities for career growth, and you'll meet SO MANY smart, interesting, caring human beings here.

Cons

We're growing. A lot. There are a lot of changes going on as we transition, and it's difficult to know exactly what shape we'll take on the other side We we're recently acquired, and while our company always felt like a hot rod zipping down the track, it now feels a little like someone strapped a jet engine to our ride and pressed ignition. What this means is that our size, people, and processes are constantly in flux. You have to be adaptable to feel comfortable in an environment like that.

"Working at Intersect"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at INTERSECT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Intersect is an incredible place to work, with a team who is very strong, supportive, and smart. From the clients we work with, the products we build, and culture we have obtained, I couldn't be prouder to work here.

Cons

Looking for more office space to fill the growing team, but I hear its happening soon!

"Always evolving"

I have been working at INTERSECT full-time

Pros

Few things that I think Intersect is really good at: • Company is always on a journey to improve. Every year is different with more refined processes, team and projects. Every year there is some improvement. • People. It's amazing how we have this group of people who always want to do better at their jobs. The atmosphere created by this team makes me want to do better at my job. • Your voice is always heard. With proper channels set up, your ideas, concerns or feedback is always getting heard by team and management.

Cons

• Process is always evolving and projects are different. Sometimes this is challenging to adapt. • With growth and more people, office is getting crowded.

"Great Learning Experience"

4.0

I have been working at INTERSECT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easily the strongest and most important PRO to this company's success - The People. Incredibly smart and helpful for someone who is looking to learn what it takes to build a product. Culture - Lots of fun, no red tape, with a genuine focus on building great products. The process - Things move fast at Intersect and it's all because of an engaging process that is focused on what genuinely makes a good product vs what certain stakeholders THINK makes a good product

Cons

Compensation - Compared to other, similar roles, compensation isn't as competitive.

Found 16 reviews