INTERSECT Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 20 interviews

Sales Engineer

179 Comments

Join the conversation on

INTERSECT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at INTERSECT

Interview

Interview with VP Engineering and QA manager. Very practical interview technique. Asked generic questions such as how would test this app? Questions in the area of QA processes, bug documentation were asked.

Interview Questions
  • How would you test a Photo sharing app? (for eg Instagram)
    Answer Question

INTERSECT

Application

I interviewed at INTERSECT

Interview

Entretien sympa et simplifié: RH puis Management Entretien sympa et simplifié: RH puis Management Entretien sympa et simplifié: RH puis Management Entretien sympa et simplifié: RH puis Management Entretien sympa et simplifié: RH puis Management

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

INTERSECT

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at INTERSECT

Interview

phone call -> portfolio reivew -> portfolio review -> done It's rare to find a design review as seamless as this nowadays, especially without any tedious test, and not falter in hiring high quality designers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

INTERSECT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at INTERSECT

Interview

The interview took an hour..2 interviewers came in & asked me questions, which was fine...however, 30 minutes later they left and another interviewer came in and asked me literally the SAME questions and I found myself repeating the answers...Maybe they were trying to hit the 1 hour mark.. which was obviously pointless and a waste of time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

INTERSECT

Application

I interviewed at INTERSECT

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. After my initial call with the recruiter, I had an on-site interview with a Senior Director of Product and a Senior Product Manager. My second (and final) on-site interview was with the VP of Product and a Senior Product Manager. (I will say that I wish I could have also met with individuals from Engineering and Design.) Everyone whom I met with was very friendly and seemed to be quite passionate about their work. The recruiter was very responsive and checked in often to make sure that I had all of my questions answered.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at INTERSECT (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2019

Interview

Applied online, then got a call from the recruiter for the initial screening. After that, a follow up email inviting me for the second round of interviews with a panel of 3 of the team. It was a situational interview, with questions of a behavioral nature. Invited to a third round this time with the director. This last interview caught me off guard a bit as it took place off premises and over lunch (due to scheduling and needing for food I am assuming). Wasn’t sure if this was a common occurrence to see how candidates react in unplanned situations or just a one-off, but definitely be ready for the unanticipated. While I didn’t get asked about my skills or experience much, I think it was more about your ability to support a weakly held POV and definitely defend it. Overall very pleasant experience, in a great space and really cool culture. Everyone is super friendly and seems incredibly smart. Probably would’ve accepted an offer from them.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

INTERSECT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at INTERSECT

Interview

My experience was very similar to what the other software engineer candidate described below. First a phone screening from recruiter. The recruiter I spoke with did not show any interest in what I said at all. Plus he answered all my questions with 1 word. I was actually very surprised that they invited me onsite. During the onsite interview, the manager seemed like he had a bad hangover and struggled to pull himself together. He isolated himself and sat at the opposite side of the large conference room. Because of that and him mumbling, I literally had to ask him to repeat every question he asked. And I agree with the other candidate, their questions were often too broad and ambiguous. And when I asked them to clarify, they simply repeat the questions with the exact words. They also had a tendency of fitting too much into one single interview. During this 1 hour interview, I was asked behavior questions, cs concepts, 3 algorithms questions and 1 system design question. We ended up not getting anything deep. At the end, the manager was so eager to get out of the interview and started to pack his gym bag when me and the other engineer were still talking. To my surprise again, they tried to invite me for a second interview, which I declined. I would never work for a company/manager like this.

Interview Questions
  • one thing you were proud of when working for previous employer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at INTERSECT (Toronto, ON)

Interview

First phase was a phone screen with a recruiter. From there I was invited in for an interview with the team lead and a team member. Interview questions were very poorly constructed and disorganized. Team lead was not clear with what he was asking and when asking for clarification he didn't provide any useful clarification. When I asked specific questions about the team and he gave conflicting and unclear answers, as though he didn't know or was trying to hide information. After over a week there was no response at all from the company. I followed up with them to see where they stood as I had another offer. They invited me in for another interview schedule for over a week later. I declined due to the severe lack of communication I got from them at all stages of the process and accepted a different offer.

Interview Questions
  • Simple coding algorithms like Fibonacci sequence and reversing string on whiteboard.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at INTERSECT (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2019

Interview

Consisted of four stages: 1. A phone interview with the HR representative where they will ask you linux and docker questions 2. An on-site interview with a team member where they will discuss your resume and your background as well as what you'd like to see in a company/team 3. You will be given a take home assignment aimed to put you out of your comfort zone (If you have a full-time job and family obligations, you'll definitely struggle to complete this up to their standard by the time they require to meet with you again) 4. A second on-site interview where you will meet with the team-lead and discuss your take-home assignment. Again, kudos to you if you're able to make the time for this, it's a fun project with good learning experience, but it takes A LOT of your time to make it up to their standard (i.e. an entire CI/CD pipeline in a language you may be unfamiliar with)

Interview Questions
  • What is the octal mask for giving a file in Linux the permissions: Read/Write for you, Read for everyone else?
  • If you were a system administrator at a school and a student executed a fork bomb requiring you to reboot the entire system, how would you prevent this in the future?
  • What is the docker command to get rid of stopped / stale containers?
  • On mac, what is the way to get around not being able to install certain packages?
3 people found this interview helpful

INTERSECT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at INTERSECT

Interview

What an absolutely horrible interview process. I applied to Intersect for the iOS Position. i had a call with their HR Rep, who at first was very nice. I passed the screening process and moved on to the technical interview. I waited around 30 mins for the interviewers to even show up. And once they did they seemed to not care whatsoever, trying to rush me out of there as soon as possible. I could tell that I wouldn't be selected but I always like knowing for sure. I emailed the rep a week after to ask her a status update and no reply. Followed up with another email and again no reply. I was getting a little frustrated at the fact that she couldn't even send me a follow up email. i decided to call her to at least see what was going on and she pretty much yelled at me over the phone saying "we don't want you working here, I thought I made that clear by not following up. Stop contacting me" and then hanging up. This company has literally no respect for candidates that take time out of their lives to meet with them. I'm happy I got to experience this early on because i can't imagine the culture in the firm.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews