HubSpot Reviews

HubSpot CEO & Founder Brian Halligan
Brian Halligan
1,094 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "High volume work that if you allow it can get in the way of work/life balance(in 59 reviews)

• "Transitioning from start-up to scale-up (comes with growing pains)(in 50 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Eight years of growth, innovation, and happiness."

Current Employee - Channel Account Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I started my career at HubSpot right out of college and haven't looked back since. Believing in our product and our mission is easy, but it's the people that make my job meaningful. HubSpot is filled with a diverse range of employees from all around the world working towards a single goal. As we've grown and scaled one of the areas we have continued to thrive is hiring top talent. Not only do we hire top performers and leaders we hire people that are kind, trustworthy, and empathetic. The feeling of camaraderie and belonging is authentic and represents the values that are important to me outside of work. I'm most proud of our focus on LGBTQ+ initiatives. The HubSpot LGBTQ Alliance celebrates Pride year-round with a variety of global initiatives for both employees and strangers. These programs create a more inclusive work environment, hiring pool and make me proud to call HubSpot my employer.

Cons

We're mostly working from home these days, I really miss our office. I've been day dreaming about the candy wall.

HubSpot Response

October 19, 2020Chief People Officer

This warmed my heart. Our LGBTQ+ initiatives are near and dear to my heart and it makes me so happy to hear you call them out as a reason you love working here. I also love that you note we hire top performers but who convey empathy and respect-that's our goal time and time again. I too miss the candy wall and seeing everyone, but appreciate you taking the time to write this review and all you do to help our channel partners grow with us! Sincerely, Katie

2. "Amazing People - Great Product!"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a full time remote employee it's easy to feel isolated and alone. That is not the case with HubSpot. Leadership goes out of its way to provide resources and activities to keep us enabled and part of the team. 2020 was crazy, but HubSpot thrived, and is poised to explode in 2021 & beyond. Truly an ideal situation, and I'm honored to be a part of it.

Cons

As with most growing & scaling companies - change is constant. You have to be flexible and open to it in order to thrive here. The company goes out of it's way to provide info/resources to employees that sometimes it's too much, and it can be difficult to determine how to get quick answers to questions you may have.

Continue reading

3. "Worked at HubSpot from last three years"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Montreal, QC

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

"Friendly and welcoming work environment" My team is great and company is doing a great job to ensure employees are well during tough times

Cons

Political and expectations are high!

"Fantastic Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

HubSpot is an amazing company that cares deeply about its customers and employees. Great culture, benefits, perks, colleagues, and mission.

Cons

This likely isn't true for other departments, but it's hard to find opportunities for career advancement as a CSS outside of Customer Success. It would be very sad to leave HubSpot but work as a CSS can be draining and it's not a role I see myself staying in long-term.

Continue reading
  5. "Great team to be part of"

Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong and motivated team. Engaging and there is plenty of growth opportunities. They see your true potential and help leveraging your skills to develop.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind yet, onboarding to jobs is brilliant.

6. "Brilliant employer"

Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, people, DI&B, leadership, ability to make own mistakes and learn from it

Cons

I haven't come across any cons so far

7. "Love working here"

Current Employee - Product Expert

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They recognize we're all human beings with lives outside of work and give us the autonomy to get the job done. Company is super transparent. Benefits are awesome. I love what we do.

Cons

Sometimes there's a sense of entitlement among Hubspotters - company gives them an inch, they take a mile.

8. "Amazing place to grow your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

amazing culture, flexible work options, commitment to diversity inclusion and belonging initiatives, unlimited vacation and parental leave, awesome benefits and stock options, loads of options and coaching around your career and continuing education (you can expense classes), wonderful teams and managers

Cons

A recent trend in hiring external candidates versus internal candidates.

9. "great company"

Current Employee - Content Designer in Boston, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work-life balance, a lot of autonomy, and positive company culture

Cons

Very technical product, hard to comprehend

10. "Welcoming environment!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Recruiting Program Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

Everybody is extremely helpful and willing to work with you

Cons

Large and fast growing company, and so some interactions can feel a little isolating and impersonal

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,305 English Reviews