Fiix Software Reviews

Updated Jan 18, 2021

3.9
Fiix Software CEO James Novak
James Novak
Pros
  • "Working at Fiix has been like having someone around whose sole purpose has been to make my life better(in 20 reviews)

• "A great work-life balance and positive atmosphere altogether(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing quickly, so if you're averse to growing pains you might not love it(in 6 reviews)

• "Nothing negative that's beyond what's expected of working in a hyper-growth company(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Nice place to work"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Fiix Software full-time

Pros

Nice environment, good vacation time, and work-life balance

Cons

Continous changes, some red tape, and office politics as it moves towards the enterprise world

2. "Not bad place for getting experience"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Fiix Software full-time

Pros

Not bad place to get started

Cons

Upper management is not very organized

"Incredible company"

4.0
    Current Employee - N/A

I have been working at Fiix Software full-time

Pros

- great benefits - flexible schedule - supportive and collaborative environment

Cons

- need clearer understanding of how to grow in company - lots of 'extra work' activities going on, sometimes it can be overwhelming

4. "Nothing special"

• Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at Fiix Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Useful product. Good relationship with customers / market. OK tech stack. Some nice people.

Cons

Light on technical leadership and senior engineering talent. Below average compensation.

Continue reading

"Same "Leaders" who ran Blackberry and Workopolis into the ground wooing investors"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Fiix Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Managers that pretend to care Some talented people

Cons

Misrepresentations of pay, opportunity and working conditions Lots of unpaid overtime in some departments, extremely bad morale Claims to be inclusive, POC takes 3x longer for promotions, leaders mostly sourced from other companies (now with 2 token diversity entrants) Highly toxic clique atmosphere Bonuses largely phantom, slashed by 50% year over year, negotiate your pay up front

"Supportive workplace"

5.0

I have been working at Fiix Software full-time

Pros

- Work feels like a community of people. There are some really special people in this place - Lots of time off and flexibility in your schedule. There is a lot of trust from management to get work done - Company cares about more than just making a profit and makes an effort to evolve and be better - The software and product make a genuine difference in the lives of people and their workplace

Cons

- Top management can sometimes be out of touch with the experiences of employees - Fast-paced work environment. You can feel pressure, especially at crunch time

"Know what you are getting into."

2.0

I have been working at Fiix Software

Pros

Digitization of maintenance is really starting to pick up and Fiix is a part of a growing market that has limited competition, with a competant product and sticky customer base.

Cons

The company has no leaders, just managers who are more concerned about managing up then ensuring their teams succeed. Fiix's vision for itself is short on details but long on promise - turn-over has grown steadily over past 12 months as employees realize the company lacks substance or an ability to execute. Fiix provides jobs for many and careers for a select few. Advancement is arbitrary and clearly based on personal preference of the director or vp rather than performance. Management is more concerned with appearances than success. Company (& C suite) loves presenting at SaaS conferences speaking about itself, however has no presence in the maintenance industry, and does not engage with the maintenance community. Inability to communicate amongst departments, from management to employees and between the company and its clients. Clearly has struggled with scaling. Low morale If Fiix was in a more mature or competitive industry, it's deficiencies would be much clearer - the company benefits from a unique industry situation where all participants are growing making it easier to obfuscate persistent issues Fiix has.

"Makes You Wonder"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Toronto, ON

I worked at Fiix Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Vision ,Some Good People, They want to be more than a SAS company and want to change the world.

Cons

I know they fired 3 black people in the span of 3 months for no reason. One team lead championed the release of a employee without just cause. Sometimes constructive valuable feedback can lead to a ticket out the door.

Continue reading

"Not what it says it is"

1.0

I worked at Fiix Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

The sustainability program, good work-life balance.

Cons

I had an unsavoury experience at Fiix. My team and department were grossly mismanaged. Following multiple attritions, and unbalanced hiring decisions in other teams, my team was understaffed and underperforming. Despite repeated escalations of the issues to department heads and HR, the situation was left unattended for 6+ months. I had no manager during that time and finally was let go for failing to meet goals. Fix most certainly does not deserve to be in the "Best places to work" list. The facility the product team is housed in is deary and leaky. The kitchen is constantly understocked. Nepotism and favouritism are rife, and managers are very avoidant of conflict. It seems like they are puffing themselves up to the world but failing to deliver on their preaching.

Continue reading

"Was great but slowly went down hill"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Fiix Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great work life balance -Great vacation policy -Organized and seem to have a strategy in place

Cons

-Not a great office or office location -The company was great when they had Marc as CEO (but since that changed I believe it's been going down hill) -HR is very focused on awards, meeting quotas, getting as many positive glassdoor reviews as possible rather than the actual real life satisfaction of the employees. -Fiix talks a lot of talk when it comes to equality but I don't think they stand up to what they preach -I think it's more important for them to fill roles rather than find quality talent -They tend to promote people who may not necessarily be right for the role and then hesitate for those who are already doing the work they want to be 'promoted' to.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 English Reviews