Cover image for EventMobi

EventMobi Reviews

Updated Feb. 1, 2023

Found 76 of over 84 reviews

4.0
EventMobi CEO Bob Vaez (no image)
Bob Vaez
Pros
  • "The best company culture I've had the pleasure of working in(in 7 reviews)

• "There are some incredible, hard working, and smart managers here who truly care about individuals on their team(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Absolutely zero transparency from upper management and often given excuses vs(in 4 reviews)

• "fast paced(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

77 Comments

Tech

631.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=EventMobi~756405
    Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about EventMobi? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with EventMobi employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
    Ask a Question
    1. 5.0

Great experience

Mar. 23, 2022 - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

super chill sales culture. Not toxic at all. Extremely supportive environment and great coworkers.

Cons

Compensation in base salary is pretty low.

Continue reading
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great to place to learn and grow

Feb. 1, 2023 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of growth opportunities Innovative product Remote culture

Cons

Start up growing pains Loose processes in some cases

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome company to work for

Jan. 31, 2023 - Product Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, focused and self-drive. Lots of learning opportunities and opportunities for growth, fully-remotes

Cons

Frequent changes in priorities cause some rework but this happens with most agile companies

Continue reading
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good but management is not consistant

Aug. 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have diverse culture which is great

Cons

Management can be very unestablished and inconsistant

5. 4.0

Overall nice

Jul. 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and vibe, and working remotely

Cons

Management style is sometimes not consistant.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great people with minimal career advancement

Jan. 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People: Eventmobi has some of the best office culture I've experienced whether in a big or small company. Flexibility: Given the size of the company and a few market pivots, you are able to work beyond your role in some cases.

Cons

Growth: You're going to hid the ceiling very fast. Pay: It's a company that's struggled off and on for years so don't expect big pay or raises.

7. 5.0

Great Employer

Dec. 22, 2021 - SDR
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing team - Great leadership and very supportive environment

Cons

- They are still figuring out how to be the best remote employer since their transition in 2020 - there is definitely room for improvement, but that is also understandable since the quick pivot

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Nice experience

Oct. 6, 2021 - Senior Front End Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The best people you can work with. I can not remember a day I showed up sad to work. I always knew that no matter how hard the problem we have to solve we would do it as a team. That was even more clear when the company lift itself from the ashes to become a virtual events company during the pandemic thanks to how coordinated and hard working everyone is. - Values transparency. The exec team communicates often with the whole company about goals and results. - I had amazing Tech Leads and they helped me a lot in my career growth by listening carefully to my suggestions and helping me identify my strengths and weaknesses and work on them. - I was given autonomy and I felt like my voice was always heard in technical and processual decisions. - We accomplished so much in the past year with a small team and that was thanks to the support and trust we had from the Engineering Exec team. They trusted the team to decide how to handle the necessary tech debt while delivering new features. - There is some legacy code but this is also an opportunity to grow by designing new solutions easier to maintain. - I had autonomy and always felt my opinion matters on technical and process improvement decisions. - Work/Life balance is encouraged. - Pre pandemic we used to have a lot of social events in the company.

Cons

- The qualitative goals and results are not clear sometimes. For the sales and marketing teams is easier because they are quantitative but for the Engineering/Product team they should focus on designing more clear qualitative goals and results. - Communication is a core value and sometimes you may have to go to company-wide meetings you feel like you don’t belong. - Do not invest in benefits like budget for conferences/books/online courses.

9. 4.0

They are good

Jun. 27, 2021 - Customer Experience Coordinator in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice team and opportunities for career growth

Cons

Hiring process starts with a digital interview

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people

May 21, 2021 - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are the best part, as everyone is great to work with, helpful and open-minded to suggestions. In other places, product teams may be more rigid, but here the product team is flexible and understanding of technical concerns. Engineering and support also work well together to track down bugs and address customer issues. Though there's some legacy code to maintain/migrate off of, in the last year or so, a lot of strides have been taken to reduce its influence on day to day work, making development more efficient and less of a headache. There's still interesting technical problems to solve however, for those who want to. Engineering has a good hold on number of meetings too, and as a result, there's no unnecessary meetings or a problem of too many meetings for most. Work/life balance is also good, there's no pressure to overwork or crunch times to meet hard deadlines, though we try to reach certain dates as goals.

Cons

There's some unfilled roles that can help reduce workload the existing people but the company is currently hiring to fill these spots. There is no structured tiers when it comes to positions like in some companies, but higher-ups are receptive to any conversations regarding that. Some processes or communication between teams could use some polish, but nothing to indicate an overt lack of organization; they're mainly areas of improvement. Spoon-fed growth is not available either, but desires to grow will be a priority with tech leads, who will try to help with those goals.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Reviews

EventMobi Reviews FAQs

EventMobi has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 84 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at EventMobi to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, EventMobi employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at EventMobi. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

79% of EventMobi employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated EventMobi 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with EventMobi Job Seekers