EventMobi Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2021

Found 67 of over 75 reviews

3.9
EventMobi CEO Bob Vaez (no image)
Bob Vaez
Pros
  • "The best company culture I've had the pleasure of working in(in 8 reviews)

• "I've never met so many kind, welcoming, hard-working and genuine people all working at the same place(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are some growing pains as the company transitions to a larger scale in terms of communication, management, and process(in 5 reviews)

• "benefits and retreats you get (and no, last year's retreat did not cost you that much per person, Bob)(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Interesting opportunities, amazing people!

Apr 17, 2021 - Event Success Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

During my time at EventMobi I’ve add the opportunity to work on interesting projects, travel to incredible places (pre-covid), and work with an array of amazing and interesting customer. Covid really showed me the strength and resilience of our company. Like many event tech companies, EventMobi went through a challenging time in March 2020 when Covid started spreading and events were being cancelled. Every team came together to offer customers a virtual solution and quickly launched a brand new production service. This was a challenging time and the commitment and creativity of my colleagues at EventMobi really proved to me that I was at the right place.

Cons

EventMobi is a fairly flat organization so opportunities to promotion opportunities are limited however moving horizontally and working on projects outside of your day-to-day is fairly common so if you see a project or team you want to get more exposure to just let your manager know!

Continue reading
    2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people

May 21, 2021 - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are the best part, as everyone is great to work with, helpful and open-minded to suggestions. In other places, product teams may be more rigid, but here the product team is flexible and understanding of technical concerns. Engineering and support also work well together to track down bugs and address customer issues. Though there's some legacy code to maintain/migrate off of, in the last year or so, a lot of strides have been taken to reduce its influence on day to day work, making development more efficient and less of a headache. There's still interesting technical problems to solve however, for those who want to. Engineering has a good hold on number of meetings too, and as a result, there's no unnecessary meetings or a problem of too many meetings for most. Work/life balance is also good, there's no pressure to overwork or crunch times to meet hard deadlines, though we try to reach certain dates as goals.

Cons

There's some unfilled roles that can help reduce workload the existing people but the company is currently hiring to fill these spots. There is no structured tiers when it comes to positions like in some companies, but higher-ups are receptive to any conversations regarding that. Some processes or communication between teams could use some polish, but nothing to indicate an overt lack of organization; they're mainly areas of improvement. Spoon-fed growth is not available either, but desires to grow will be a priority with tech leads, who will try to help with those goals.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hands down the best place I've worked

Jan 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture - EventMobi does an amazing job of finding and hiring hard working and fun people. They are very focused on finding the right fit, and the company culture that they have created really does makes it feel like are you part of a family. Opportunity for growth - While every person will have a defined role and set of responsibilities, there are lots of ways to get involved in projects or initiatives that fall outside of the regular scope of your work. The leadership team does their best to get employees involved in things that relate to their interests and/or areas where they want to learn - often this is how people grow into new roles, sometimes even new ones that have not yet existed in the company. Executive / Leadership Teams- The leadership team is very accessible and available, including the VPs and the CEO. They provide the right amount of guidance and support, while also allowing their teams the flexibility and autonomy to approach their work the way that they choose to. My personal experiences with leadership have shown me that they are very open to listening, mentoring, and investing in my career growth by allowing me the opportunities that I needed to find which area of the company that I wanted to get involved with and to grow into.

Cons

This is a very fast paced company where things are changing all of the time. Some will find this exciting because it means that your job never becomes monotonous, but others may find it as a challenge if they don't easily adapt to changes or if they prefer a more defined and structured processes.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A company that hires incredible people

Feb 10, 2021 - Senior Product Designer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best people I've ever worked with. One of the best things about working here is that everyone cares about their work and always strives to improve our processes and share learnings with each other. The team is highly collaborative, talented, and is always willing to listen to one another. There is a great sense of teamwork even after moving to remote work. There is opportunity to grow and explore new roles if you voice your interest. In my experience, management is very supportive and does the best they can to make sure you continue to grow your career. I've seen many older reviews about bad management and micromanaging. A few years ago I might have agreed, but the investment into management the past couple years has turned it all around. There are some incredible, hard working, and smart managers here who truly care about individuals on their team. Every company has rough patches and Eventmobi certainly has had some, but what I appreciate here is that if you give feedback, there are always people ready to discuss and work with you to solve the problem.

Cons

Things move quickly and you need to be able to adapt. It can be good but might not be for everyone. Difficulties growing with legacy tech. Certainly something that has gotten better during my time here, but it can lead to some barriers and compromises with the product.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, culture, and company.

Feb 16, 2021 - Senior Product Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The kindest group of people you will ever meet. Really great people to work with that are truly passionate about not only what they do, but also about the product and [events] industry. Really smart management that has driven the company to succeed through very uncertain times during covid-19. Management is great and makes you feel you have a voice at the table. You would never feel uncomfortable voicing yourself about anything. Good collaboration culture between functional groups which allows for agile workflow. Growing pains once we’ve migrated to remote work, but we’ve made it work so far and it’s great to see everyone always trying to improve the process. One thing I truly admire and don’t see often in other companies is the transparency EventMobi provides from Exec. leadership team to the staff. It’s been a constant over the years I’ve been here and one of the greatest values a company can have for their members.

Cons

There will always be growing pains with each company. At EventMobi, working with legacy products and code can mean making compromises — but also an interesting challenge to take on if you’re up for it! This is a challenge more common than not, so I wouldn’t be deterred by this. Being on a smaller team can mean working more like an Individual Contributor (IC) in a fast paced environment which is not for everyone.

6. 4.0

They are good

Jun 27, 2021 - Customer Experience Coordinator in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice team and opportunities for career growth

Cons

Hiring process starts with a digital interview

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

It's where you go to learn, not where you go to grow

May 16, 2021 - Event Success Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn Great people

Cons

Spread really thin, and not set up for success Really high turnover resulting in lack of culture Lack of opportunities for upward mobility.

Continue reading
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people and company to work

Apr 15, 2021 - Tech Lead in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have given a big opportunity to grow. Very interactive and good culture in engineering. Growing fast, focus on improving, and very friendly people. Feel motivated and engaged. Good management that listen and take feedback and work in actionable improvements.

Cons

Nothing specific to mention now

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good environment

May 2, 2021 - Software Engineering in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and office. Centrally located

Cons

Salary was a bit low

10. 4.0

Great Event Tech Job

Mar 24, 2021 - Event Success Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

fully remote work. Given work hardware such as new Macbook

Cons

Large company and many departments. Hard to remember who does what

Viewing 1 - 10 of 67 Reviews