Dynamic Risk Integrity Engineer Reviews
0% would recommend to a friend
(5 total reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Dynamic Risk and is not affected by filters.
Found 5 of over 65 reviews
Updated Feb 15, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.0Feb 15, 2023Senior Integrity EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCalgary, AB
My co-workers are good to work with.
Senior Mgmt (VP and above) are not interested in staff morale or engagement. Focus is on billing every hour to revenue. There is a growing fear to share opinions if they are not in line with sr mgmt.9
- 1.0Dec 11, 2022Integrity EngineerCurrent Employee
Nothing that stands out from any other competitive employer. I guess I'll find out for sure because I'm gonna be shopping around.
I waited to share this in case there was a believable plan communicated to employees at a recent event. Just like every other year it's smoke and mirrors. It really hasn't been a positive experience lately. Managers are unprofessional and disorganized and don't give the resources or support to succeed. Probably because they lack any proper leadership training than fluffer sessions for a few days at one of those low end management training shops. Company culture is borderline toxic.19
- 1.0Nov 2, 2022Pipeline Integrity EngineerCurrent Employee
- Source of income. - Health and 401k
- Culture of micromanagement - ELT communicates one thing and does another - Company has no direction. - Performance measured by how much extra hours are worked - Revenue is all that matters - Great place to find out what burnout really feels like - Poor process structure. Plan on working weekends putting out fires.20
- 1.0Oct 17, 2022Pipeline Integrity EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsThe Woodlands, TX
A regular paycheck and health benefits.
Managers prefers to micromanage, lack of communication from management, no direction, and performance is measured by hours worked. Management seems to be making changes without much thought. People thrown into roles with no experience or qualifications. Customers are unhappy. Going to a client meeting is the worst part of my job. I constantly have to make excuses for poor project performance and management. This company is slowly dying and probably won't last long.22
- 1.0Aug 24, 2022Integrity EngineerCurrent Employee
A few really great people to learn from. Pay is decent.
No direction. Company tries to fix problems by constantly changing job titles and moving people around. Three Presidents in the last year. Most of the higher ups have either jumped ship or have a leg over the railing.21