Distru Reviews

62 Comments

Tech

289.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Distru~2957092
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

Great team

May 16, 2022 - Product Designer in Greenfield, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Frequent check-ins / pulse checks on employees - Open communication / transparency - No egos - Everyone has a voice

Cons

- None so far, really digging the vibes of the company.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

May 10, 2022 - Senior Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced team, always busy

Cons

Work life balance is hard

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Amazing Culture + Lifelong Teammates Who Care About The Culture

Mar 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- amazing teammates who support each other and the cannabis culture - company culture and transparency - remote - personal growth opportunities - networking opportunities in the industry

Cons

- Significant learning curve in the beginning

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Solution-oriented empathetic go-getters who genuinely care about their customers and employees

Mar 14, 2022 - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company culture, management prioritizes personal and professional development of each employee and emphasizes good cross functional communication. Frequent 1:1s enable management to learn what motivates each employee to get the best out of everyone, this company really gets that one management size does not fit all, actively combats burnout and leads by example with excellent culture and work-life balance practices. The focus on the experience and needs of the customer is outstanding, and leadership's ability to incorporate customer and employee feedback into overall company goals is astounding and a pleasure to be a part of.

Cons

Working remotely means we don't get to spend much time physically together, but this is not felt in the day-to-day as communication is constantly flowing. There are also multiple opportunities throughout the year for everyone to travel and get face time with both team members and customers, but is tough to justify given recent health concerns with travel along with the cost of flying too many people around the world.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Feb 16, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive and positive team, transparent leadership, healthy work life balance, opportunity for growth, positive work environment.

Cons

Seriously hard for me to think of a con. One of the best companies i've been with.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A team to grow with

Feb 11, 2022 - Senior Frontend Engineer in Madrid
    Business Outlook

Pros

The sense of community and camaraderie at Distru is second to none. The engineering is egoless and supportive. There are no heroes or losers, only the team bound together helping one another. The HR department went out of their way to organize special get-togethers where we could socialize "outside of work", playing online games and having philosophical discussions. Good luck finding another company that does that!

Cons

Being fully remote meant that I was never able to meet my colleagues in person. I wish I could have.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Taking care of people first

Feb 5, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of companies these days say they care about the well-being of their employees, and that mental health is a priority. But I’ve worked at companies that still nudge you to go back to work to “help the company”, even though you’ve told them you’ve been feeling like crap lately. When I told mgmt that I was feeling low energy lately, they didn’t hesitate to let me take time off. When my health issues persisted, they let me work less hours and work hours that were suitable for me. This gave me the time to heal quickly and stress free. No time did they add pressure on me to speed up my recovery, even though there were market pressures to do so. This is a company that truly cares about the well-being of their employees. As we’ve seen lately, that’s a very prized quality.

Cons

Like most remote-only companies, your social life will mostly be fulfilled outside of work (no after work drinks). And like many early-stage startups, there’s less structure and clear processes.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Experience of a Lifetime

Sep 2, 2021 - Chief Operating Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

What can I say about Distru? I've never grown as much in my life as I have at Distru. Distru embodies everything you would want from a company operating in the modern age, with an unparalleled dedication to caring for employees with great benefits and flexibility. We're a fast moving, mvp-minded organization navigating the end of the cannabis prohibition era--a rare opportunity--with a product loved by its users and team the competitors fear most. Further more I feel truly appreciated here and am able to discover and build upon my key strengths while feeling safe, and this is a sentiment many would echo.

Cons

The industry is a difficult one to traverse and requires a lot of learning and staying up to date on changes, so it's not for the faint of heart. However there is a good work / life balance and everyone is given autonomy to operate as long as they take care of their responsibilites.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Start Up that does not have their stuff together

Jul 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote Work Cannabis Industry Decent Pay

Cons

Sloppy + Unorganized Strapped for cash Over promise, Under deliver

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture, Great Team, Great Product and Industry

Apr 6, 2021 - Customer Success in Oakland, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Extremely unique and experienced team with global footprint -New industry , remote culture , great benefits -Weekly meditations

Cons

Startups are a constant grind and this industry requires that drive (not really a con)

3 people found this review helpful