Delaware Life Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.2
  1. "Yikes"

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Lethbridge, AB

I worked at Delaware Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people that worked in the Lethbridge location prior to conversion were all knowledgeable and we maintained a extremely high level of service, great culture to be apart of.

Cons

When Sun life was taken over by Delaware Life management focus was all about moving the company to the states while trying to keep it covered up as best as possible to the clients. I remember my manager telling me to try and avoid the topic with my clients. When the conversion took place it was extremely flawed and the reps in Lethbridge who serviced just fine for years were now the punching bag to clients and... management didn't really seem to care.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people on the phones. They are your biggest asset and know how to make the customer feel better. Fix your systems too.

Delaware Life2016-05-05
  2. "Company is going downhill fast. Complete disregard of experienced employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lethbridge, AB

I worked at Delaware Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Used to be a great company to work for with good benefits, decent pay, consistent schedule with evenings and weekends off.

Cons

After the business was sold from Sun Life to Delaware Life they outsourced to a new company (lowest bidder). This conversion was handled in the worst possible way. The existing employees who wanted to help with ensuring a smooth conversion for the clients to the new service center were insulted and disregarded. The new employees were unable to handle the call volume and forced to work massive overtime to keep the... jobs. A company that was known for their excellent customer service now has 1-2 hour waits if you can even get through.

Advice to Management

Listen to the front line staff. We tried to help and make this the best possible conversion but were completely ignored. I doubt the company could be saved at this point but this is the only possible way.

Delaware Life2015-12-15
  3. "Want to work on for a dishonest company, this is it."

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Lethbridge, AB

I worked at Delaware Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people, the culture, the value, those, however, were brought in from Sun Life financial. Delaware Life pretty much borrowed those and destroyed it.

Cons

dishonesty, the lethbridge site was promised a permanent position and a whole lot of improvements after purchased from Sun Life. All it was were two years of Delaware Life getting ready to move the operation to Topeka, KS. Effectively ending a solid site tradition in Lethbridge. Something they have been planning for two years but keep promising their employee empty promises. managements often only care about numbers... instead of the morale of their employee with some being treated as if they're working with children instead of adults, the company is more concerned in filling in the seat instead of training their employee properly, poor communication chain is also very apparent. A very stressful environment to work at

Advice to Management

Nothing. Everyone is leaving in 2015, so good luck keeping the same service Sun Life was famous for.

Delaware Life2014-01-18
  4. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - CSC in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Delaware Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lot's of fun activities, Great Pay, Great leadership

Cons

There are a few negative employees who try very hard to ruin the culture, but most people just ignore them. The problem is that they tend to be very loud and it is a small quiet office, so unfortunately you are forced to hear them. Delaware Life is a very human driven employer, and every suggestion I have made, or feedback that I have been given has been implemented. The insurance is a bit expensive.

Advice to Management

Please talk to the people who are negative about being courteous to those around them and ask them to address their concerns through a channel that will solve the issue.

Delaware Life2019-10-16
  5. "Look Elsewhere"

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Delaware Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the pay is what attracted me, but I have heard that they are now offering much less

Cons

managers show favoritism the culture is negative

Advice to Management

Stop showing favoritism and promote those who would be great for the job and company. Stop promoting people based on how much you like them.

Delaware Life2019-10-15
  6. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst

I worked at Delaware Life full-time

Pros

Work life balance, friendly co workers

Cons

Tough to move up, can get boring

Delaware Life2019-09-05
  7. "Where is everybody?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Delaware Life full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a convenient location.

Cons

The culture has not really formed following the separation from Sun Life. Lot's of people work from home and are not responsive.

Delaware Life2019-06-19
  8. "Reactive vs. Proactive Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Delaware Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vacation days, pay, no weekends and off holidays

Cons

The culture they communicated they are striving for in the interview process is SO FAR from what they are actually working towards. Managers lead out of emotions, instead of facts and employees proven capabilities. They do not have a well communicated or thought out plan for making everyone a subject matter expert (SME). What is portrayed as help in your training class soon is viewed as judgment when the help is... utilized. Fairness is not a practice there, but favoritism is high on the list. Attendance policy is not clearly communicated and is all subjective. Management can be unresponsive for days at a time to an employee's needs. They state they are open to suggestions to make it better, but they quickly shut you down if it was not their idea first. When new things are to be implemented, the employees it will impact are not utilized as SME's and are made to fly blind. There is just a complete lack of follow through. This is not only evident with the employees (internal customers), but also to the external customers as well. This could be a great place to work, but that is clearly not their goal.

Advice to Management

Be more present and learn the business! Develop, develop, develop yourselves first and then your teams.

Delaware Life2019-06-26
  9. "Okay place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Delaware Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is friendlier than most other employers and communicate well.

Cons

Compensation and raises are low compared to others in the industry and the knowledge and skills needed.

Delaware Life2019-03-22

"Great Flexibility"

I worked at Delaware Life full-time

Pros

Compensation is strong, good benefits. Most groups within are very flexible for work/life balance.

Cons

Not too easy to advance.

Delaware Life2018-12-12