Clio Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2020

4.3
Clio CEO and Co-Founder   Jack Newton
Jack Newton
Pros
  • "Clio really puts an emphasis on having a great culture(in 20 reviews)

• "The work environment also makes this a great place to work, with dogs roaming around the office and access to snacks 24/7 is amazing(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "There's the typical growing pains with the company accelerating so quickly(in 19 reviews)

• "Office is in middle-of-nowhere Burnaby, which can be a pro for some commute-wise(in 14 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"One of the best decisions I made: Joining Clio"

Current Employee - People Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Clio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I genuinely mean it when I say joining Clio was one of the best things I've ever done. I've seen a lot of instrumental chang over the last 3.5 years and I can't imagine working anywhere else. I want to highlight a few things Clio has done over the last few months which I think speak volumes to the kind of company we are and the leadership we have here: - All 500+ of our employees have been working remotely since mid-March due to Covid-19. Shortly after this shift, we were all given a $500 "build your home office" stipend. Pretty cool right? - We commmitted $1 million to help the global legal community navigate the challenges of COVID-19. We consistently go above and beyond to help our customers and bridge the justice gap that exists in the legal industry. - We donated $100,000 to Equal Justice Initiative to support the Black Lives Matter protests happening in the United States and around the globe. - The leadership team encouraged all Clio employees to expense books on Clio's dollar on systemic raciscm. We can all do our part in becoming an anti-rascist organization and the first step is to educate ourselves further. - We've hit record sales and customer success months despite the fact that we're going through a global pandemic. People genuinely care here; about the customers, products and employees. There will be a day where I move on from Clio but I will ALWAYS be grateful for my time here no matter what. If anyone is thinking about joining, I HIGHLY recommend it if you want to really take off in your career. Clio helps develop employees and open doors.

Cons

You're expected to hustle. This environment isn't for everyone but we're pretty transparent about that during the hiring process. If you put in the work, and keep up with the change, then you can learn and devlelop a lot here.

2. COVID-19

"Thank you Clio!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Clio full-time for less than a year

Pros

My 6 months at Clio have been a career highlight without a doubt, even though half of it has been spent working from home. I was lucky enough to start just in time for Team Day so I had a chance to spend time with my colleagues in other offices, and I felt welcomed right away. Looking back before pandemic times I would have not expected to be so happy in this new working environment, but Clio has made it effortless and has set up employees for success. Thank you Jack and management for taking such good care of your employees!

Cons

No more salad bar ;)

3. "Feel lucky to work here"

Current Employee - Product Designer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Clio full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Company really cares about employees personal situations/lives -Flexible work hours/vacation -Great perks -distributed by design so can work from home (good work/life balance) -investment in teams and culture (offsites, bonding, celebrations after successful projects etc.) -Outspoken and clear about company values. Put their money where their mouth is (Anti-racist, accepting and supportive of all LGBTQ+ etc. ) -Just overall feel really supported and cared about as an employee -Company is very strong and only growing more. No worry about being laid off or the company going under. Very stable. -Strong selection and hiring process means excellent coworkers and teammates. High level of quality in designs and designers.

Cons

-Company growing so rapidly, lots of change. Not necessarily a bad thing, but just some growing pains. -because team members distributed, not as much organic rapport and relationships built like there would be working in the same space. (still prefer being distributed though)

4. "Life changing."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Clio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company. They give infinite support to their staff and have extremely reasonable expectations. Hard work is rewarded and our CEO and founder truly cares. Always asking for feedback from a 500 person company and implementing that feedback. Always a positive environment. This company is active in the community and cares about making positive impact in the world. Lots of vacation time and great benefits.

Cons

Lots to learn at first but the resources are available if you are willing to put in the time

Continue reading
  5. "Good company, not much space for growth"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burnaby, BC

I worked at Clio full-time

Pros

good tech stack, friendly people

Cons

not your typical tech company, more like a family business

6. COVID-19

"I am loving it here!"

Current Employee - Engineering

I have been working at Clio full-time

Pros

Working at Clio you need to realize quickly you are not the smartest person in the room, you may have come from another team where you felt pretty confident and that you were the primary source of information. This is not that place, you are one of many smart team members at various levels throughout the organization. Outside of a high pace and significant amounts of information this place truly stands by it's human and high performing value. In the last 3 months I have seen the company send everyone home before other companies had made that decision to keep the team safe. We stepped up and answered the call for the New York State Bar to help those in the state who were in need of additional support due to the pandemic. The company put up $1,000,000 to help law firms through this pandemic and ride out the slow downs in their business. We donated $100,000 to the Equal Justice Initiative and really doubled down on the stand that it is a place where diversity and inclusion is a core cultural value. I really feel like the little cog I may be in the wheel really makes a difference in changing the practice of law for good.

Cons

There are so many different sources for information between the various ticketing, documentation and messaging systems somedays it feel like information overload and you have to fight to focus. There is a I assume small but vocal group who took all the energy bars when we were going to work from home and now keep posting that the company owes the lunch at home. I get that the lunches at work were part of our total compensation package but look at how many other companies have had massive layoffs, lets try and see the positive people!

Continue reading

"Good working environment and talented colleagues."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Burnaby, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Clio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing your skills and working with talented people

Cons

Salary is less compared to peers and process is not very transparent.

8. "Great Place Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Clio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great Pay -Good Product -Helping Executive Board

Cons

_Lower than average pay -Low value deals

9. "Great"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Onboarding Specialist in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Clio full-time

Pros

Cares about employees and supports us

Cons

For the work I do and how busy the company is I'm not compensated fairly

"Good Perks, Meh Pay"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Clio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, people and offices. The Xteam is amazing and always taking care of Clions.

Cons

Compensation is not great at all. They dangle benefits a lot, but that's about it. There isn't even a annual salary review/adjust living cost. Especially hard when you're living in expensive cities like Vancouver and Toronto.

Found 162 reviews