Clio Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Clio

2.9
HardAverageEasy
Found 85 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clio (Canada)

Interview

Reached out via Linkedin - chatted informally for 30 mins to internal HR - 1hr hiring manager - 2 hours with VP & Hiring Manager including meeting the team and presentation.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Clio?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clio (Canada)

Interview

I only got to the Hiring Manager interview. The process was smooth and the initial call with the recruiter was very informative and insightful about the company culture and role expectations.

Interview Questions
Clio
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clio (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2021

Interview

The selection process with Clio was professional and seamless, if a bit slow at the start. It involved an initial phone call with one of their Talent Acquisition Specialists, with whom I talked through my background and experience. She was pleasant and receptive to questions. All subsequent communication from her was straightforward and helpful. The second round was a Zoom call with a Senior Growth Manager, who was bright and personable. We had a great conversation about his experience and mine, about the job and what I might bring to it. Not a single nonsense question about my biggest weakness or any of the usual chestnuts! Sadly, I didn’t get an offer but they got back to me promptly and didn’t keep me hanging around. All in all, a positive experience with a friendly, entrepreneurial company that’s clearly going places.

Interview Questions
  • Asked for observation about their content.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clio (Canada)

Interview

After the phone screening interview, I had an interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Clio
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I interviewed at Clio (Canada)

Interview

Professional and fair. They were both experienced and asked the right questions. The culture wasn’t “sold” but simply described, which I appreciated. The interview was set up by a hiring manager and she was present on the day of and directed me to the two people leading the dept.

Interview Questions
Clio
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Clio (Vancouver, BC) in Nov 2020

Interview

HR interview -> Hiring Manager ->Team -> Whiteboard test. Start with phone interview with HR, it was pretty easy, but didn't go through in the end. not sure why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Clio (Toronto, ON)

Interview

3 steps over a course of 3 months - HR screen, interview with hiring manager, and finally a 2hr full-blown real business case presentation to department panel, immediately followed by a stakeholder panel interview After reading through most interview experiences, this appears to be the MO for the hiring process. It reinforces the notion that potential candidates are doing and solving business challenges as assignments for free in the hopes of joining the team The job description also kept changing over the course of the weeks/months

Anonymous Employee in Canada
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clio (Canada)

Interview

There were 3 stages to the process: 1) a 30min phone call. A relaxed conversation to discuss my background, the role and company and for both sides to understand a bit more about each other and see if things might be a good fit. No technical questions. The 'Talent Acquisition Specialist' that I spoke to on this call was then my liaison for the rest of the process. 2) A 60 minute Zoom call with 2 developers. This was a similar format to the previous call, but with much more of a deep dive into my technical background. All the questions were asking about my background or my approach to software development, there weren't any coding challenges or puzzles to try to solve. 3) A 4hour, 4 stage Zoom call with 4 different people. 3-1) a 90 minute coding interview with a developer. This can be daunting and challenging, but the developer tried not to put too much pressure on the situation and gave me the freedom to talk openly about what I was doing to solve the challenge. I'm glad I spent a lot of time preparing for this stage ahead of time. 3-2) a 60 minute technical discussion with a development manager. This was a fairly free flowing conversation where I talked about a previous project I had worked on. I was given the chance to talk openly about the project, what the challenges were and the approaches that were taken to complete it. The interviewer was very easy going and made this interview stage much more like a conversation than an interview. 3-3) a 60 minute chat with another development manager. This was split into 4 parts, asking questions about work style and philosophies. Mainly to assess my approaches to feedback, accountability and communication. Again, the interviewer gave me plenty of time to talk and made the interview much more like a conversation. 3-4) a 30 minute chat with the Manager of Developer Experience. This was really just an open chat for me to talk about myself and maybe mention some other things about myself that I perhaps didn't get a chance to in the previous stages.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a previous system or project that you have built.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Clio (Canada) in Oct 2020

Interview

Quick call, more concerned with directly related past experience than translatable skills. The pool of candidates must be far too large, with many significantly over qualified individuals clamoring for any job at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clio (Canada)

Interview

1) Interview with a talent acquisition specialist 30 min 2) Interview with design manager 1 hour 3) Interview with triad (directors product/engineering), case study with design team, leadership interview 3 hours Overall interesting interview process and while I enjoyed the first two rounds (the talent specialist and design manager I met were fantastic), I had concerns going into the third round when I realized almost every interviewer in the process (5 out of 6) would be a man and unfortunately I felt it set a lot of the tone. Here's what I'd recommend: move the triad interview anywhere but first and separate the case study from the team interview. Include women as part of the team interview. As a candidate and potential manager, representation is important - if the issue is that there are no women in senior positions, i'd recommend a bit of a rethink in your process.

Interview Questions
  • How do you measure success of your design team? How do you create psychological safety for your teams? How do you mentor/grow people? How do you measure the impact of design? etc. etc.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 85 Interviews