Chase Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Chase Reviews

Updated Sep 18, 2019

Found 6728 reviews

3.6
Chase CEO Jamie Dimon (no image)
Jamie Dimon
2,494 Ratings
  1. "Great"

I have been working at Chase full-time

Pros

Best environment and leadership in the business

Cons

None to speak of in 2018

Chase2018-10-19
  2. "Business Development Manager"

I worked at Chase full-time

Pros

Worklife Balance/ Competitive Compensation/Management support

Cons

Training is only adequate, unless you have FI and Business background. Tough to exceed targets.

Chase2019-05-08
  3. "Good work, low pay"

I worked at Chase full-time

Pros

Easy work life balance, lots of vacation

Cons

Pay less than most other companies

Chase2019-03-05
  4. "Decent experience"

I worked at Chase full-time

Pros

- Flexible schedule - decent pay and benefits

Cons

- Did not have many positions I desired to grow into - Some coworkers were petty and juvenile but you get that with every workplace.

Advice to Management

I have none, management does their part and I am not going to give a negative review because of a few bad apples.

Chase2018-12-19
  5. "Help Desk Specialist"

Current Employee - Help Desk Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Chase full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It can help you pay rent while you find another job that is actually worthwhile.

Cons

Everyone in the Toronto office is out for themselves. Many Team Leads have this arrogant superiority complex, when they themselves are lazy as can be. Every person points a finger at another person for everything, because the culture in this office is fear. Recognition and positivity is all faked and just comes down from corporate edicts from above to pretend they care. The reality is that in 2018 they have settled... on focusing on call Average Handle Time and scripted language. It does not matter if you actually help your clients, as long as you hang up on them in a few minutes or less and open by saying "Welcome to Chase" and close by asking "are there any other questions, thank you for calling Chase" then you pass. Spending the actual time to help the client doesn't matter, because this is a scripted and top-down managed call centre that doesn't care about independence and workers thinking outside the box to help their customers. As soon as you show interest in a customer and spend 5 minutes off the phone to figure out a problem, your score drops because you're considered non-productive. Also, the leaders in the Help Desk are ultra secretive. They won't even be honest with you when there are dogs coming around to check for bed bugs, one even lied to me and said they were looking for drugs. There is no reason not to be transparent, the bossy control and fear and secrecy environment is what makes this job unbearable.

Advice to Management

Just quit. Resign and let a competent set of replacements come in and shake it up.

Chase2018-12-01
  6. "Deveolopment Manager"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Chase full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits, reasonable work schedule.

Cons

Overly Micro-managed, with very little manager support.

Chase2018-11-22
  7. "Specialist II Help Desk"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Chase full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits begin quickly, such as health or RRSP matching. JPMorgan Chase is a good name to have on a resume.

Cons

It is a call centre, so you have to expect the micromanagement that comes along with it. This service centre got new leadership about two years ago and it turned the operation upside down. First of all, they now obsess over AHT (average handle time), Chase focuses heavily on getting customers off the phone rather than actually helping them. Training is terrible, because departments aren't specialized into separate... sales, customer care/billing, or technical support teams they have tried to force all agents to take all calls and know everything. Lastly, the Pro of having JPMorgan Chase on your resume is undone completely by the fact that this is not a Canadian company, so the office is just an outpost and entirely controlled by US managers in Tampa or Phoenix. The Canadians never speak up against the poor leadership (like the AHT mandate) that comes out of the states, the people in this office have no control and are all yes-men. They say yes to whatever big brother next door wants, because all they're concerned with is keeping their jobs. So its intensely frustrating, because managers in the US look at graphs and spreadsheets and make decisions without really understanding the distinct operations in Canada. Did I mention this remote management only cares about AHT and a few scores which have nothing to do with providing good customer care? Oh well, its a call centre, what can you expect?

Advice to Management

I advise Canadian management to wake up, stop being push-overs, and question the stupid policies coming from the US parent base! Canadian leadership needs to allow Chase Paymentech Canada to be bought out by a Canadian bank and cut the US out of the equation, Chase Paymentech Canada has been through 3 Presidents in the past 3 years for a reason, when the new Prez starts he'll probably see the US leadership keeps... Canada on a leash and won't let it perform on its own will. The terrible US leadership is what is killing Paymentech in Canada. We aren't #oneteam together with the US, we are a distinct operation and need the respect that comes with it. ScotiaBank, National Bank, I don't care what bank but any bank in Canada should buy Paymentech out and leave the Chase brand behind. If the Canadian operation could stop focusing on AHT and start making employees happy and stop the pressure to kick people off the phone it would be amazing. LET A CANADIAN-OWNED BUYOUT OFFER HAPPEN!

Chase2018-09-26
  8. "Just OK.."

I worked at Chase full-time

Pros

some of the good things I experienced at Chase were, Commission, Teamwork, Technology, Schedule, and Responsibility

Cons

Salary Career development Upper management Exposure to products Inclusion

Chase2018-09-24
  9. "Collections agent"

Current Employee - Collections Representative in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Chase part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible Hours, pay wasn't bad, good benefits and bonus incentives

Cons

Management were a bunch of bullies that made the job stressful

Advice to Management

Pick real managers, not friends of friends

Chase2018-07-20
  10. "Project Manager Salary"

I have been working at Chase full-time

Pros

Great place to work !

Cons

the compensation was on the lower end of what other companies are paying

Advice to Management

. . . . .

Chase2017-10-19