- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Texas
- - San Antonio, TX, United States Area
- - San Antonio, TX
- - Houston, TX, United States Area
- - Houston, TX
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON Area
- - Burlington, ON
Found 28 of over 41 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
- Former Employee★★★★★Feb. 14, 2021 - ConsultantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Exposure to a variety of projects
Salary discrepancy across company sections
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov. 3, 2022 - EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The office is small in Canada and the job is not that complicated.
Not a good management in Canada office while working as normal
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov. 24, 2022 - Structural Engineer in Burlington, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Friendship - Hybrid working - NA
No salary evolution Less communication
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Apr. 7, 2022 - Sales Consultant in Houston, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There were some friendly people working there. They are extremely knowledgeable about their category in risk engineering.
Organization is disorganized, unadaptable, and rigid. All decisions are made by a group collective- even for business objectives outside of others' SME. Company is ultra-concerned about conflicts of interest within their business despite their business as experts in their category and creation of regulations for industry in which they serve is at its base a conflict of interest. The company is extremely risk averse and inordinately tight on spend for anything that cannot be expensed and reimbursed by a customer or a cooperative. Caveat Emptor!Continue reading
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct. 25, 2021 - Intern - Hourly in San Antonio, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Hands on experience, exciting/challenging work
none that I can think of
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Oct. 10, 2021 - Senior Structural Engineer in San Antonio, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Awesome technical opportunities for those who want challenges
Top down management style can be a drag
- Former Employee★★★★★Sep. 9, 2021 - EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It was fun, please enjoy
I just need five words
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Aug. 12, 2021 - AdministrativeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
100% Employee Owned, small but executive quality /educated employees. Base office in San Antonio, but other offices in the US, Canada, and the UK.
Admin is low on the totem pole and a bit underpaid. Technical staff is priority.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Dec. 3, 2020 - Project Engineer in Houston, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
BakerRisk is a good place to get valuable work experience and see how the corporate world works. You can be able to travel to interesting countries if you try to land those types of projects.
While working at BakerRisk, you will develop a very particular set of skills that only BakerRisk does. You will not get the hands on experience operating a process plant, which is valued in the industry working there.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Feb. 21, 2019 - Corporate Recruiter in San Antonio, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
BakerRisk invests a lot of resources recruiting top engineering students to work as consultants. For new college grads looking to launch a career in the oil/gas and chemical industry this is a great place to work. The company values work/life balance.
Few opportunities to explore other career options outside of the engineering departments.
Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants Reviews FAQs
Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 41 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
60% of Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.