AppFolio Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Feb 20, 2020

4.5
AppFolio President and CEO Jason Randall
Jason Randall
Pros
  • "Appfolio makes sure that its employees have a great work-life balance(in 51 reviews)

• "Great company culture that emphasizes a healthy work life balance(in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • "The view out of the window from the Dallas office isn't as pretty as the Santa Barbara office(in 31 reviews)

• "No cons, really the best place to be(in 25 reviews)

1. "Great company culture"

Current Employee - Sales and Business Development Representative

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

-work hard to maintain upbeat and welcoming company culture -lots of perks including fully stocked kitchens, game rooms, dogs in the office and generous PTO -good stock options and family/pet benefits -transparent about overall company goals and accessible higher execs

Cons

-lack of transparency on internal growth from upper management -long hours at times

AppFolio2020-02-21
  2. "Great place to work at"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for less than a year

Pros

very positive work environment to work at

Cons

not much mobility internally to move to a different department

AppFolio2020-02-09
  3. "Culture is Everything"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the San Diego location! Everyone here is very friendly, supportive, and team-oriented. Leaders here make it possible for every employee be themselves. They are easy to approach and laid back, but very driven to get things done. The culture is amazing - it's not all about the free lunches, stocked kitchen, legos, games, pingpong tables, yoga, sports during lunch, and FLEXIBLE work environment, but the PEOPLE I work with make it a big difference. No micro management here - we're all treated like adults. :) Leaders truly care about professional/personal development. They take the time to understand your strengths/skills to help grow your career. They also listen on how the company can make improvements, and the best part is that... they take action!

Cons

As much as companies promote healthy lifestyles, it would be amazing to have a gym onsite. Would love to bring dogs in the office, like our headquarters in Santa Barbara

AppFolio2020-01-21
  4. "Great company"

I worked at AppFolio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Loved the work place and the people in leadership

Cons

work could be demanding but overall felt fair

AppFolio2020-02-04
  5. "Poor Management leads to poor results."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX

I worked at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Snacks provided on site, and occasional catering leftovers from management. Relaxed dress code and flexible hours.

Cons

Your daily workflow consists of getting yelled at by residents because the customers that use Appfolio's MCC service generally do not take care of their properties and are tired of fielding those calls themselves. The clients that use Appfolio's service will routinely call in very upset at you because they have been promised unrealistic hold times and service levels by other departments or members of the team and you have no response other than to provide an email they can contact. I'm sure you can guess whether or not that makes the customer happy. If you do decided to work here, just take the bare minimum number of calls to keep management off your back. If you are a hard worker and take more calls than others you will just be asked to take more and more. The people around you will continue to slack off and have no repercussion, but management will wonder why your numbers have slipped as they pile other employees work on you. Your process will also change wildly from day to day, most times for the worse. The software developers are tasked to make changes from multiple different departments but have very little interaction with those departments or understanding of their job at all. So routinely a feature will be added that makes your job process more difficult, or straight up breaks functionality. You will have to spend quite a bit of time trying to find workarounds or provide solutions, but you will still be expected to hit weekly metrics as if nothing was wrong. Management is a mess. In my few years with the company there were 10+ people to hold a "manager" title. Most of them did not last more than 3 months and were either let go or quit very quickly. The people who trained them, who were responsible for their success failed many times over, but were given promotions and had new positions created for them. Management will routinely cancel self development and advancement opportunities because they mismanaged their schedule and no longer have time or flat out forgot. They do not take any time to improve the quality of work of the standard employee as they are too afraid to have hard conversations with employees from fear they will quit on the spot and leave the crew even more bare bones than it already is. I had 6 managers in my time there. You will spend a month or two working with a manager on a plan to advance or things you can work on to further your career, only to be switched to another team the next month with a manager that cares very little about your career advancement as they are a week or two from quitting or being fired themselves. Appfolio used to have room for career growth and opportunity, with new positions opening up and new departments opening up regularly. Well, the new department failed miserably and didn't last a year before it was shut down. The new positions that were created within the department failed and were combined into roles for one person. The budget was so poorly managed that all raises and promotions were frozen due to managements miscalculations. You will probably earn 2-3$ more than what you started at and will not get much higher than that regardless of service time or performance.

AppFolio2020-02-03
  6. "Baby Yoda would work here!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

I wanted to get into a technology company but did not have a technology background. What I do have is a strong work ethic, a positive demeanor, a desire to learn, and a winning smile (at least my mom thinks so). I desperately wanted to work for a tech company, and one that cares about their customers and employees. AppFolio meets the bill and then some. Customer Success gave me my opportunity and I am so thankful. AppFolio sets ambitious goals that we appear to achieve and I’m confident we will continue to. With this ambition comes the need to identify top performers and promote aggressively. It is clear that is what happens here. If you are hungry, a nice person, and work hard - you will grow your career. It is that easy! I have learned so much in CS that I know makes me a more valuable AppFolian and will allow me even more opportunity as I continue my career here. With all due respect to those that have not been promoted or fell stagnant, it isn’t the leadership team or some kind of evil plan that is holding you back. Work is hard sometimes; this job is no different. In my short time here, I have seen a crazy amount of promotions and have no doubt I will have a fruitful career here. Maybe I just have perspective, but this place is legit. All I ever wanted was to work somewhere where I was valued and could control my future with my effort. I found that place! Pros Punch List: Opportunity for growth - I don’t have to desire my boss’s job. There is plenty of room for advancement. Amazing co-workers - some of the nicest people ever and I’m laughing nearly all day! Cool work environment - Ping Pong, Pool table, open floor plan. Endless snacks, food, and regular adult beverages! Super collaborative and supportive environment. Leadership values and promotes a work-life balance and truly care about their team members. Great benefits! An ethically driven organization with clear values that permeate every department.

Cons

The product is complex and takes a good amount of effort to master. Starting here was like going back to college. I had to study at home and really put in the work before I understood what I was doing. If you are smart, driven, and want to be challenged then you will enjoy this job. If you struggled in college, didn't do your homework, and have poor time management - look elsewhere.

AppFolio2020-01-15
  7. "AppFolio Property Manager"

Current Employee - Onboarding Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

To be apart of a wonderful company with a great culture, to be able to grow my career, ability to make good friends with my co workers

Cons

AppFolio is a complex product that takes time to learn, also it forced me to learn better time management skills

AppFolio2020-01-14
  8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Customer Success is a great place to develop your career. I have learned so much in my time here and have consistently grown my career. You can’t beat the fantastic company culture and amazing people! It is a fast paced, challenging environment and you will be regularly pushed outside your comfort zone but constantly supported. The opportunity for growth is endless. If you want to succeed here, you will!

Cons

I dont have any at this moment

AppFolio2020-01-14
  9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

- I love AppFolio and the Customer Success Department. I can directly see the value I bring to the company and the impact I make on the lives of my customers. - My coworkers are my friends and I know my manager cares about me as a person and as a professional. - Great perks (snack kitchen, pingpong, swag, free lunches, food trucks/car wash that comes to you), great health benefits, and good work life balance. - Our stock price keeps going up!

Cons

- The work is challenging (as customer service roles are), but I love helping people and seeing my customers learn and grow. I've worked other jobs in the past that were theoretically easier, but not even remotely as rewarding.

10. "Okay"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Plano, TX

I worked at AppFolio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent money, great working environment and nice people.

Cons

no work life balance, low pay for work that wasn’t my responsibility

AppFolio2020-01-23

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 444 reviews