AppFolio Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.5
AppFolio CEO Jason Randall
Jason Randall
Pros
Cons
  • "No cons outside of the expected stresses of a Customer Success position(in 24 reviews)

• "It is expensive to live in Santa Barbara(in 21 reviews)

1. "I feel lucky to work here"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best people work here, the events are super fun, work life balance is very balanced. Rewarding work, amazing mentorship

Cons

None that I can think of

AppFolio2019-07-16
  2. "Amazing workplace!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, great company, great job. The teams are super tight-nit, everyone is friendly, helpful & super smart. Company is growing a lot, so, many opportunities for improvement and advancement. Great leadership, that really cares about the success of the employees. All in all, a place that I enjoy staying till 7PM on a Friday.

Cons

Santa Barbara is kinda expensive.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the company culture! All the hard work has definitely paid off.

AppFolio2019-06-27

July 11, 2019CMO

So glad to hear you feel we're investing in our culture - thank you for taking the time to write a review!

"Employee and Consumer Conscious Company -- Great Gateway for Entry-level Employees"

Current Employee - Contact Center Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Appfolio is a fantastic company to gain experience for anyone new to the workforce or shifting careers. While I cannot speak to the office atmosphere or management for all office locations or departments, I have been continually impressed with the operation of the contact center. The management team cares not only for the profit and future of the company but for the employees as well and it shows. It is a call center...

Cons

Although the Legacy Shopping area is nice for taking lunchtime stroll, the traffic is fairly awful regardless of which direction you are coming or going and public transportation is a poor option. While there are bus stops only a few blocks away, the TRE/DART does not have any stations nearby. While there is plenty of promise for internal growth and the management team is eager to bring forward opportunities whenever...

Advice to Management

Keep collaborating and supporting your employees. It is rare to feel like an important and useful part of the company as only an entry-level employee.

AppFolio2019-07-02

July 11, 2019CMO

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience as a representative for our Maintenance Contact Center service - glad to hear you felt cared for as an employee.

4. "Fun and agile work environment!"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

-leadership truly invests in employee growth -open communication is practiced -awesome company culture

Cons

Growing so quickly (pro) it can be challenging to find a conference room.

AppFolio2019-06-19

July 11, 2019CMO

Love to hear that you feel that we're investing in employee growth - in a fast growth company a great team makes all the difference.

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

great exec leadership, new opps

Cons

nothing really to say here

AppFolio2019-06-13

July 11, 2019CMO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

6. "Great Company!"

I worked at AppFolio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Appfolio has great people, culture, and opportunity for career growth.

Cons

Salaries are slightly below average for the market, but the benefits and the people make up for it.

AppFolio2019-06-05

July 11, 2019CMO

Great people and culture are so important to us - thank you for appreciating it too!

"Great but..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I worked at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth company with lots of opportunity.

Cons

The expectations are unrealistic. Small teams don’t necessarily make sense anymore and a larger investment needs to be made into developing employees. Sure PTO is generous but you’ll either feel bad using it or never have a chance.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams. Stop making decisions at a level that doesn’t understand the day to day issues employees face .:. and your employees need time to re charge. PTO should not feel like a stretch

AppFolio2019-06-05

June 6, 2019CMO

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We do value small, autonomous teams and believe that allows us to innovate faster and deliver better customer and employee experiences. As we grow we will continue to look for even more opportunities to listen at all levels of the company.

8. "Great Culture and Exciting Products"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is great. Very supportive and care about your personal career growth.

Cons

None come to mind, parking perhaps but that is how it goes when you area . fast paced company and growing rapidly.

AppFolio2019-05-23

June 4, 2019CMO

So glad to hear you find the management team here supportive of your growth, we have many leaders who have grown their careers with us. And yes - parking is a challenge....but we're working on it!

9. "Spinning out of control - management flip flops constantly"

I worked at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

free lunches, flexible hours some smart people work here offer good amount of PTO

Cons

low salary for a variety of positions management flip flops on ideas (you're constantly working on a project only to be told it is no longer important and to just drop it) pick and choose who they service/support (no longer are clients equal) co-workers are pretty immature and hostile (fake) - I can count the number of genuine individuals on my 1 hand there are cliques (like in a stereo typical high school) some...

Advice to Management

hire management that is truthful and respectful, and that can take responsibility for not delivering on a goal, then your teams will follow that example stop piling on extra work on teams that are already understaffed - hire more employees higher wages upper management needs to fix the hostility between managers

AppFolio2019-06-03

June 4, 2019CMO

It sounds like you've found a new opportunity elsewhere and hopefully it will be a better fit for you.

10. "Great Environment, Stressful Work"

Current Employee - Leasing Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people, place, culture and snacks are all great.

Cons

Stressful deadlines, an incomplete product and of course your typical call center stresses

AppFolio2019-05-29

June 6, 2019CMO

Glad to hear that you appreciate the pace, your team and the culture. With a high paced role there can be stressful times and I encourage you to work with your manager to find coping strategies.

Found 350 reviews