Action Media Reviews

Found 26 of over 26 reviews

3.7
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A company within an industry that is unlike any other.

Mar 23, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being a part of Action Media has changed me both personally and professionally. I've learned so much about myself. There is never a dull moment and it's refreshing to work with management that engages its employees on several levels of the business. This organization has grown exponentially since I started almost 5 years ago and I am proud to say that I have contributed to that growth, and that I grew with it as a person. The sky is the limit in the affiliate marketing industry and I look forward to seeing the growth that the next 5 years will bring. Thank you Action Media!

Cons

I don't have much to say here. I will say this; With hyper growth comes growing pains. I am an individual who needs to be as organized as possible and I wish there was more of a team effort to achieve that.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to learn accountability and use tools you wouldn't normally have access to

Mar 10, 2021 - Marketing in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours with half-day Fridays, HUGE plus when you have kids and have countless appointments..having this block of free time really helps work-life balance. We get the week between Christmas and New Years off, paid. Most companies close for that week and require employees to use their vacation days to fill the gaps. Vibrant & fun team! Constantly challenging each other to think creatively and outside the box, and always there to help when needed. Big on collaboration. Managers are accessible, and pretty hands-on with career development. Most actively listen and encourage employees to have an active role in their performance plans. If there's a specific project or pivot I want to focus on for a quarter, I discuss with my manager and it gets built into my performance plan. So not only do I have the opportunity to learn outside the scope of the my role, but I also get rewarded for it in the form of a bonus (and it benefits the company of course!) Location (pre-covid) was perfect - right at Peel metro. Now we're all fortunate to be WFH.

Cons

Can take some time to get certain things approved, making it difficult to set deadlines and manage time properly.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Apr 14, 2021 - Digital Media Designer in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits / Staff activities and lunches / Breakfast options provided/ Generally good vibe.

Cons

Online CPA ad management agency that's content feels suspect.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

be carefull

Mar 11, 2021 - Movie Website Recruiter in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

downtown office, some ok partys

Cons

shady buisness model, before you get hired by them ask the intervier or HR what exactly your job will be before taking the job. company does a good job and reporting reviews here of people saying the truth

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Bad

Jan 26, 2021 - N/A
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing positive about this place

Cons

Worst company, coworkers, work place and overwall environment

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

We’re disappointed that you didn’t find any positives to your experience with us (– not even a single one!) We’d love to understand more about why you feel this way, so if you could contact us we’d really appreciate that. We know that there's always room for improvement. However, if you didn’t like your colleagues or the office at all then you probably did the right thing by moving on. Best of luck!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I sing to work every day !

Nov 28, 2019 - Account Manager in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexitime hours -Free breakfast - Free Coffee and Tea - 3 weeks vacation (including Xmas holidays) -Monthly free lunch - Quarterly group activities - 3-4 Parties a year - Game room with Nintendo Switch and ping pong table - 1 hour lunches - Half day Fridays - Downtown office right over Peel metro - The coolest people and management - Great insurance package and benefits - Quarterly Bonuses - Competitive salaries When I told my old man about my job and these benefits .. he told me if it was his job he would be singing to work every day. He’s right , I am very grateful for everything this company offers and I appreciate every day I’m there. There’s not a dull day at Action Media!

Cons

- by Friday there are no more avocados or bananas left in the kitchen - in the afternoon all the bathroom stalls are taken so I have to go on another floor to use the toilet - in the winter , can’t decide whether to wear my winter jacket for the 5 second walk to the metro

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

If you're sick of your job making you "dumber," work here.

Dec 3, 2019 - SEO Copywriter in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Emphasis on learning, collaboration, perseverance... these aren't just throwaway things every company blabs on about. We actually embody these in all we do here. -Education programs (conference opportunities, Kindle loaning program, e-course budgets, demo days, lunch and learns) You will build your skills here. -Amazing coworkers -- HR is a bit picky about who they hire, and the smartest, friendliest, most collaborative and supportive people work here. We all push each other to do our best. -Flextime, private in-office yoga every Wednesday, free breakfasts, snacks, and catered team lunches, games room, metro pass subsidy, like there are so many things. -Metro is attached to the office building (better commute!)

Cons

I guess I drank the Kool Aid, I really can't think of anything to put in a review, haha. Fully realise this sounds too good to be true, I promise it's not. Love my job.

HR Manager

Thank you, we appreciated such a detailed review. It gives a strong insight into our culture that we're very proud to have built!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It can always be better

Jun 24, 2020 - Team Lead in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Niche market leader in certain areas of the business

Cons

Low salaries compared to the rest of the industry

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

We appreciate your feedback, thank you! We agree that there's always room for improvement, and we're always open to suggestions as to how we can provide a better environment for our teams.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, bad moment

May 16, 2019 - Web Developer in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good perks, great people, great environment

Cons

a lot of changes right now

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good starting position

Aug 7, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary, nice way to learn about digital advertising

Cons

Sometimes decisions takes longer than expected

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews