Action Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Action Media Interview Questions

Interviews at Action Media

2.7

Accounts Manager Interview

Interview

My purpose of this post is only to wonder what is "treat people like gold".

Several days ago, I applied for a position. Later, I received an email that asked me to fill in a pre-screening questionnaire. I sent it right back. Then no news. Today I saw the location of that job has been changed to another. During this time, I didn’t get any feedback if they well received my questionnaire or I was not selected for the interview...
    At the very beginning, I felt quite touched by reading “Our core value is to treat people like gold. … we believe in treating people the way they deserve to be treated: like gold.”. However, I can’t feel it at all. Compared with the time that usually a job seeker spent on knowing the company and the job before applying, filled in the questionnaire, etc., it only costs less than ONE minute for recruiters to give any feedback.

Front End Developer/Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Action Media (Montreal, QC).

Interview

Absolute crap. They did not inform me of their interview decision for a pretty long time now. sort of let me hanging! The interviewer was late, comes in shifts the interview mood to an intimidating manner with two/three questions! Horrible

Oct. 29, 2018 – HR Manager

Hey there,
    We understand how stressful an interview process can be and really appreciate the time you took to write your feedback.
    It's a company policy for our managers to ask a few questions to evaluate one's skills and see if they will fit the role. After we interview all the candidates, only then can we communicate the results to all applicants.
    How long was your wait in getting a response?

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Action Media (Montreal, QC) in August 2018.

Interview

The hiring process began by submitting my CV. It was then followed by a phone interview and then an-in person interview. The communication was great; efficient and quick. I came in for an interview and was asked various questions. I was then told I would be called back if I was chosen.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I believe I would be a good fit for this company; specifically for this position.   Answer Question

Oct. 29, 2018 – HR Manager

We're glad to have you in our team, thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback helps us get better and better at finding the best candidates for our growing team.

Account Executive (Affiliate Marketing) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Action Media (Montreal, QC) in February 2018.

Interview

The two interviewers were very casual and directly put me at ease.
    the interview was approximately 45-min long. They asked more or less 10 questions - starting with my background, and ending with what direction I would like to give to my career

Country Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Action Media (Montreal, QC) in February 2018.

Interview

The company was courteous enough to recognize that it would be difficult for me to do my interview in person since I am from another country so we agreed to conduct the interview through Skype.

On the agreed day I had trouble connecting through Skype and the interviewing manager was nice enough to agree to reschedule the interview.

I was interviewed by two well prepared professionals, they asked questions which allowed me enough time and space to explain myself in detail, we covered areas that is relevant to the role and also other areas which might be useful in the future too.

After the interview was completed the interviewing manager asked me to keep in contact via skype and we communicated for a few days and within less than a week I received an email with the job offer from the HR Manager.

All in all a very good and professional experience.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Action Media in January 2018.

Interview

One interview through Skype. The guy called me, his appearance was totally unprofessional, he told me that the company will come back to me and they never come back, even when I sent an email asking for feedback they did not come back.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Action Media (Montreal, QC) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a media buyer as well as a community manager.
    After a phone interview with HR I was asked to come in to meet 2 members of the team. I was asked to respond to 3 questions prior to the interview so that the interviewers could review my responses beforehand.
    The 1st interviewer seemed unprepared for the interview and did not ask relevant questions. We did not discuss the answers I had submitted prior to the interview. What he did ask was whether I had children and where might be a good place to hold his child's upcoming birthday party.

The community manger was more professional and actually took the time to read my responses. He asked relevant questions.

I needed to follow up with HR twice over a period of 2 weeks before getting any response. The HR rep apologized for not contacting me sooner but she was in a meeting when I called. Offices seemed cramped and uninspiring. They promote half day Fridays but during the interview I was told that Friday afternoon is a good time to catch up on work you didn't get to during the week.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions but here are the standouts:

You have kids, right?

Do you know any places where I can hold my daughter's birthday party?   Answer Question

Nov. 28, 2016 – Community Manager

Hi there - this is James, (the aforementioned Community Manager). I'd first like to thank you for taking the time to discuss your experience with us and for presenting your review in such a balanced manner. Posts like these allows us to identify what folks did right and where there is room for improvement. Our apologies if our follow up was not as prompt as it could have been or if we failed to meet any expectations in terms of professionalism or process.

As a young growing company, we are quite flexible with our rules and processes - but I think we are still trying to find that sweet spot of 'just enough' process. If you would like the opportunity to chat further with me feel free to contact me - community@adsurge.com.

Best regards,
    James

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Action Media (Montreal, QC) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a telephone interview, I was invited then for a one-on-one interview. Later in the week I went in for a second interview. 1 week later I got an e-mail saying I wasn't fit for the position. They were very respectful throughout the process and recruiter who interviewed me was very professional and funny. Seemed like a fun place to work!

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I was interested in the position, about my sales experience and why i was interested in working for a startup.   Answer Question

Nov. 28, 2016 – Community Manager

Hi there - this is James the Community Manager at AdSurge. I just wanted to thank you for your review and invite you to share any further comments or suggestions on how we could have improved your experience to community@adsurge.com. I'm a big believer in feedback, no matter how critical - so if you're open to a chat feel free to send me an email.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.