Mission: Function Point's mission is to build best-in-class workflow and productivity tools for creative agencies and professional service firms. Striving to make teams more efficient, effective and happier.
Our vision is to grow an organization ...
I worked at Function Point full-time
- Work life balance is excellent
- CEO is eccentric, high energy and very sincere. Really seems committed to making FP the best workplace possible
- Open door policy for all staff and leadership—always approachable and willing to carve out time to speak
- Work from home policy is wonderful—especially for introverts or roles that require creative or uninterrupted work
- Leadership is always open to feedback
- Pay is good
- Employee education fund is a great incentive
- Leadership is open to feedback but implementation / execution seems a bit slow. Lots of leadership planning meetings with changes to vision/direction not always being clearly communicated to staff.
- Product development leadership / vision seemed slow for the company size. This was a big (if not the biggest) priority for the leadership team at the end of my tenure
- Higher amount of turnover than what they've normally seen recently
Advice to Management
Stick to your vision! Keep challenging the people you hire and trust their expertise in the area you hired them for.
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Function Point in June-2016.
Wacky leadership that pushes cult-like self improvement BS called "Landmark" disguised as employee development. Out of date tech, at least 10 years behind with absolutely no vision for the future. Dinosaur management. Tacky sales guy. Pretty much red flags flying all over if you have a modicum of intelligence. Small thinking.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –